We stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights. We booked from the hotel's website. We picked the "business deal", which comes with internet access and breakfast. The room itself is large and nice. The bed is a little bit worn and the mattress is not firm. It sort of "curved" or "caved-in" in the middle of the mattress but somehow I can still sleep on them without having any backaches in the morning. Wifi access in the room is okay, but we got disconnected many times and need to re-connect every now and then. The breakfast is excellent. Great selection of food, with chefs ready to make eggs/omelettes and pancakes/waffles for you. The breakfast terrace provides a nice view of the Bosphorus. My only real complaint about this hotel is the location. It is quite far from everything. We didn't want to have dinner at the hotel, so we thought of just walk around and get a kebab or any food from a restaurant nearby the hotel. Well, we found out there aren't any shops/restaurant near the hotel. The nearest restaurant is 15 minutes (uphill) walk from the hotel. This would not be a problem if you like to talk long walks. But sometimes you just want to go out of the hotel for a short while to grab something quick to eat. You can't do that in this hotel. You really need to take a taxi if you want to go anywhere. Anyway, after our stay here, we moved to another hotel located in the heart of the Sultanahmet area, which is much closer to tourist attractions, shops, restaurants etc. The Swissotel is good if you want some peace and quiet, and away from the main tourist areas. But if you want easy access to attractions, shops and convenience, then you'd be better off staying in a hotel located in the Sultanahmet area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World and awarded Europe Luxury Hotel 2013 by World Luxury Hotel Awards, Swissotel The Bosphorus, Istanbul is a five-star luxury hotel right in the centre of Istanbul on the European banks of the Bosphorus. Nestled within 65 acres of historical gardens with world-class shopping and vibrant nightlife nearby, it offers 497 guest rooms and suites, featuring state-of-the-art technology and exclusive amenities. For guest staying in Executive rooms, the Swiss Executive Club lounge provides additional luxury and exclusivity.In addition to various meeting space with the capacity of 5 to 1200 people, including function rooms and a ballroom, a team of event planners is on hand to help you hold the perfect wedding at Swissotel The Bosphorus, Istanbul.The award-winning Purovel Spa & Sport offers luxurious holistic spa treatments from all over the world.Secure hotel parking is also available for your vehicle during your stay.Swissotel The Bosphorus, Istanbul provides you with an exclusive new lifestyle experience thanks to Swissotel Living: 63 elegant suites in a variety of sizes, from studio to one to three-bedroom, offer the ultimate in style and luxury, and allow guests to enjoy the full range of hotel services – which includes an exclusive rooftop pool – within the comfort of their own four walls. We are upgrading our rooms and suites on the West Wing. Outdoor pool and Gaja Roof will be closed in 2014. Also Cafe Swiss Restaurant is closed as of August 1st for renewal process. Regular buffet breakfast is being serviced at our Lobby Lounge. In order to prevent any visual and noise disturbance to our guests, panoramic view from Lobby Lounge will be blocked during the renovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Swissotel The Bosphorus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Bosphorus Istanbul
- Swissotel The Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul