“The best way to see Istanbul !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 543 Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: See the local places and local faces of Turkey with My Local Guide Istanbul. Istanbul is a melting pot of European and Asian influences, a mix of the traditional and modern worlds and the best way to explore the city is with My Local Guide Istanbul. Immerse yourself in the heart and soul of the only city in the world that crosses two continents. Walk in the mazes of local streets, visit hidden historic destinations, drink tea with the locals and taste the rich and flavoursome cuisine of the region. My Local Guide Istanbul, with five years experience in leading tours for english-speaking International travellers, offers tours designed and delivered by local people with a passion for Turkey and travel. We specialise in tours for the independent traveller who likes to walk side by side with the locals and explore places that are not easy to discover on your own.
Vancouver, Canada
“The best way to see Istanbul !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We did 2 walking tours with "my local guide Istanbul " and honestly it was the best experience ever! Seeing not only the main sights on foot but also the little backstreets and coffee bars that a tourist would never find on their own. Well worth the price and our guide was fabulous!!!

Visited May 2014

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Secrets Tour with Latif”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Even though the tour is called 'Secrets of Istanbul,' it does go to many of the city's most popular attractions. However, all of the knowledge relayed by Latif (in fluent conversational English) was fascinating, some of it general in nature, but also some stories that not all tour guides will tell.
I appreciated how Latif did not act like he was leading around a large group (it was just my husband and I) - instead he engaged us individually.
One of my favorite stops of the tour was having a snack and tea in a traditional tea 'house.' I would have never entered one of these without a guide - it was cool to see where the locals relax, and it was a perfect spot in the tour to have a rest ourselves.
The only regret about the tour was purchasing Turkish Delight in the Spice Market. Latif took us into one of the shops that served us tea and allowed us to sample whatever we wanted. We were told that the price of the Turkish Delight reflected the quality and the ingredients. However, the following day with another tour company we were taken to a long established business who had been making and selling lokum for decades in a location outside the Market - it was just as good at a fraction of the price. I felt I had been taken by the extravagant price I paid in the Spice Market.
So, definitely join the tour but consider going elsewhere for your edible souvenirs!!

Visited June 2014
Calgary, Canada
“It can be done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our friends that have been to Athens said that a Segway tour would be impossible. We booked it anyway and are so glad we did. We saw soooooooooo much in the short time we had. Safe and fun!! If you have more time be sure to do the tour first!!

Visited June 2014
Zurich
13 attraction reviews
“OLD ISTANBUL & SULTANS AND SHOPPING TOUR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Brilliant and perfect!!! This company is very reliable with a fantastic and knowledgeable guide and fantastic drivers. We were picked up at the hotel at the agreed time and brought back as agreed upfront. We were able to tailor the tour how we wanted and the tour guide was fantastic. He knew everything about the sites, he knew so much history about his country and he was passionate about it. He saved us hours of queuing at each site as he had all tickets already, making us go through each time. We did not have to care about anything, he looked after us and made this trip perfect. I can only highly recommend it! Thank you again for this wonderful trip through history!

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Our highlight of Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

There are many great things to do in Istanbul. Having been there before we decided to do something different. Salih took us around some of the suburbs of Istanbul on his "Heritage Tour" a group of six ranging in ages from 16 to 70 and it cated for everyone. We learnt more about Turkish history and Turkey's relationship with Greece than anywhere else, including from our many Greek friends! Salih's english is excellent and he is a really nice guy. Also, there are no trips to carpet shops and other places tourists get hoarded into. The only shop he took us to was a quint tea shop for afternoon tea which was wonderful. We highly recommend this trip to anyone travelling to Istanbul. A great afternoon!

Visited July 2014