As a person extremely bothered by bugs and dirtiness in hotels, I couldn't be happier by the cleanliness of Pembe Apart. We stayed on the 1st floor, and were seriously impressed by how spotless the place was, both inside and outside the room. You're greeted by a nice, clean smell when opening the front door, which together with the great atmosphere and security we felt in the area, helped make us feel right at home.
The owner Ugur was very friendly and always ready to help, and the location is very close to a lot of the must-see places e.g. the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, Grand Bazaar etc. Sultanahmet in general is the best place to stay in my opinion.
You have enough utilities in the room to cook yourself a good breakfast, and there are several corner shops nearby to buy essentials. There is also a laundrette next door if you're planning to stay long.
The only downsides I'd say are that although the location is good, you do need to walk up some hilly roads to get up to the main street which can be tiring, and the toilet was quite small. You could always get a taxi to solve the first problem though, but don't pay more than 10 lira (preferably 6 lira) as the distance is very short.
1) When trying to get back to the hotel, ask directions for/tell the taxi drivers to take you back to 'Kadirga Park' which is next to the hotel, as it is more known.
2) Always try and utilise the great (and cheap!) tram and boat services, as taxi fares can easily become extortionate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities ( No fee )*Full air/conditioning all rooms *Cable-Satellite TV*Hair dryer*Parking ( Only a Car )*Safe Box*Daily housekeeping every day*Wireless Internet Access*Bicycle Area*Park for kids*Exchange Office*Classical turkish style decore*Central heating system*Fire form and alarm*Non-Smoking room available*Smoking room available*24 hour door security *Fridge in each room*Discount on Laundry Service*Tours - Travel Desk*Bed linens, towels and blankets*Are included in the rates.price is beetween 40- 75 eurocar parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Pink Apart House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.