“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Magnaura Palace

You added The Magnaura Palace to your Saves list
The Magnaura Palace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Dalbasti Sok No 13/1 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet)   |
Ranked #54 of 1,069 Hotels in Istanbul
Bratislava
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

+ Location
When you want to do Istanbul you want to see the sights, this hotel is very close to them.
+ Staff
Friendly, English speaking, skilled and forthcoming staff with General Manager on site at your disposal. If you don't have a plan you can count on them making one for you if you feel like it.
+ Cleaning
Very very very clean rooms. I was looking for some flaws but i couldn't find anything. ultra clean.
+ View
Breakfast is a delight with views on the Marmara sea. You can sit outside on the hotel terrace all day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Magnaura P, Owner at The Magnaura Palace, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Zabojnik,

I want to thank you for your good impression,and evaluation.
Hope to see you here again.
Best wishes,

Mehmet Ataş,

Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel is quite new, has a top location only few steps from the square with Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. The staff (especially Yosuf and Aidin) were excellent. very helpful, ready to give you tips and help you with whatever you need. e.g. we needed to print tickets and boarding passes - no problem, called a taxi, called into a restaurant if a table is free...
we stayed only 3 nights but it was a plenty of time to see all we wanted. the first night we stayed in a standard room 303 on the third floor, as I have read reviews before, that it is just below the breakfast terrace I told them I don't want the room as it will be too noisy, but they assured me it is a good room and if I find it too noisy they will change it. honestly I heard the staff preparing the breakfast but it wasn't that noisy as I have read, still the hotel wasn't that full so I suggest in high season it might get annoying. unfortunately the shower was leaking so they had to give us a new room, they upgraded us to a deluxe room on the first floor.
each floor has around 6 rooms and with 3 floors the hotel is rather small, but comfortable. in the room you have everything (hairdryer, safe, bath utilities, slippers), if a bath robe would be added it would be top. the standard room has a adequate size, some might find it too small. breakfast is served till 10.30 so when on vacation you are happy about it :) view from the roof terrace was marvelous, another positive thing is the English knowledge of staff.

Room Tip: check the home page of the hotel, they have a 360 view. don't expect great view as only 2 rooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tanulienka,

Thank you for taking time to write review and share your experince.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

A stylish and well managed hotel with a home-like atmosphere. Excellent location just a few minutes walk from the the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia museum and Topkapi Palace. The rooms were cosy, comfortable and equipped to the highest standards. I was very impressed with the free upgrade to a sea-view room , and with the Lokum , flowers and petals decorating my bed every evening by the hotel staff. A delicious Turkish-style buffet breakfast was served in a roof-top terrace with breathtaking views of the Bosphorus. The staff were all warm and extremely helpful, they added a distinctive charm to the ambience of the hotel(Particularly Doğuş and Muammer). Being a frequent visitor to Istanbul, I can say that this hotel is by far my favorite :)

Room Tip: Choose a Third-floor room with a sea-view terrace <3
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank QueenGhada
Magnaura P, Owner at The Magnaura Palace, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear QueenGhada,

Thank you for your comments you have shared here.It was pleasure to welcome you in our hotel.
Looking forward to your next trip.
Best Wishes,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my fifth time at this hotel. I have brought my mother and sister here on two occasions. For trips to Istanbul I couldn't ask for more....I am able to enjoy all the major attractions, shopping in grand bazaar and strolling the quaint streets , shops and restaurants. In between its easy to cone back to the hotel and rest .. Have some mont tea and chat with the friendly staff. It is also wonderful to relax on the roof terrace anytime of the day and be mesmerized by sea views.

The rooms are charming, the toiletries are great and you feel relaxed in the atmosphere. The interior design is done by the owner Mehmet who travels all over turkey to collect art for the boutique in the hotel.

The staff is extremely helpful and gracious -- I highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Istanbul!!!!

I travel through Istanbul for business and plan to return there....the service is consistent !!!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Adaline,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience here with other people .
Looking forward to your next trip to Istanbul.

Best,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at The Magnaura Palace for 5 nights. Everything about this hotel deserves a gold star and the service level of the staff deserves 5 gold stars. We were having a package shipped from the US to be picked up in Istanbul - we were told in the US the package would be delivered to Istanbul in 3 - 5 business days - what they did not tell us was just because it was delivered to Istanbul does not mean it was being delivered to us at the hotel within that period. Thanks to the diligent efforts of Dogus and Arben we managed to get the package out of customs and the post office the day before we flew out. We would never have managed this with out their help. Arben is my hero spending 1 and 1/2 days of his personal time basically tracking down the package with me between the post office, the airport and the post office; and then managing to talk the post office into going into the bowels to look for my package amongst the million other packages. Thank you Arben.
On top of that - the room was very nice. The hotel is new and we booked a Deluxe Double Room with Sea View. The room was a little smaller than it looked in the pictures but it was clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast in the morning was also very good - with a variety of items and choices. The location, in the middle of the Sultanahmet District, 1/2 block from the Blue Mosque and Square could not have been better. Overall excellent hotel and good value for your money,

Dear LLHGEG,

It's a big plesure to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in our hotel.Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your coment!
Wish you good luck,

Sheffield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was our third trip to Istanbul but our first staying in Sultanahmet. The Magnaura Palace was very central to all the sights but we felt disappointed with the standard of accommodation for the price we were paying. The rooftop restaurant was nice and service was good.
When I asked advice from the owner of the hotel about a Hammam I had read about he discouraged me from going there and instead recommended another one. I asked at the tourist information about which Hammam to go to and was advised that the one I had been recommended by the Hotel was very expensive.

3 Thank eAnnie
Magnaura P, Owner at The Magnaura Palace, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very for staying at our hotel also thank you for writing review at tripadvisor.

You were aware of the room rates prior to booking, there is not much to explain in regard to price. The Magnaura Palace Hotel is a high end boutique hotel in the center of Istanbul's famous sites.

I am sorry that you were not pleased with my hamam recommendation. Tourist Information Kiosks will usually recommend you to very commercial, touristy establishments that lack authenticity.
My self and guest included prefer the hamam that I recommended due to its cleanliness and excellent customer service. You are welcome to visit any hamam of your choice. After all it is your holiday and you make desicion about this kind of things.

I have lived 12 years away from home, ( New York , San Francisco , Chicago and Dallas) and I have learn alot about costumer service. I worked at Book Store called BORDERS for 5 years and 3 years at MUSEUM OF ART AND DESİGN AT NEW YORK CİTY.

What I learn there , is : COSTUMER SERVİCE.
I work 15 hours a day at the hotel to ensure that our guests are getting the best.

We take pride in our customer service.

Kind regards,

Mehmet Atas

OWNER
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights at the Magnaura Palace. Several things stood out:

1. The quality of service is exceptional--as good as any place we've stayed in the world. Every member of the staff went out of his or her way to make us feel welcome at the hotel and comfortable in their city. They truly believe in investing time and energy in their guests.

2. The room--we had a corner suite that was well worth the small extra cost--was quiet, comfortable, and had an excellent view of the Sea of Marmara (as well as some interesting graffiti on the adjacent rooftops.) On the evening of Republic Day we brought a picnic dinner to their rooftop terrace and watched the fireworks miles away over the Bosphorous.

3. The location in the Sultanahmet district, a few hundred meters from the Blue Mosque, was perfect. You can reach many historic locations (e.g., Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern) by walking only a few minutes. The tram line is nearby and, while crowded during rush hour, is an inexpensive and convenient way to get around.

4. The art in the hotel and in the cafe/art gallery next door was impressive. The owner of the hotel, Mehmet Ataş, also owns an interior design business that commissions local artists to do contemporary interpretations of traditional Turkish and Ottoman art. Some of it is quite stunning and a far cry from the kitsch sold in most of the neighborhood shops that cater to tourists.

The prices at the Magnaura Palace are quite fair, but it's the service and attitude of the staff that stand out. We look forward to returning.

1 Thank Lawrence K
Dear Lawrence,
It's very nice to read your review,I appreciate.Than you very much for sharing your experience here with other tripadvisor members.
Give us one more chance to welcome you here once more.
Best Wishes,