“Risk on new hotel pays off” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Magnaura Palace

You added The Magnaura Palace to your Saves list
The Magnaura Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dalbasti Sok No 13/1 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #32 of 1,003 Hotels in Istanbul
Burlington, Vermont
“Risk on new hotel pays off”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Having only two days to see Istanbul, I took a chance on a new hotel located directly in historic Sultanahmet Square. The hotel is well-built into the local architecture, and as a female traveler I felt very safe in this area. My room was lovely with a balcony overlooking the Bosphorous, and was spotless.

The hotel owner Mehmet-was extremely helpful, and made excellent suggestions about where to go, to eat and to shop. His suggestions are what made our trip.

I enjoyed the traditional Turkish breakfast and cheerful staff even brought our breakfast and coffee up to us on the roofdeck. The deck will be renovated more in time, but even now the views are breathtaking both day and night. If I were to go to Turkey again I would most certainly stay here, as there is so much to see within walking distance.

Room Tip: If I went again I would get a city view on the higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Best place to stay if you're planning a short visit of the city, everything worth to see is reacheable in a five minute walk. 500 meters from sultanahmet tram station. The only thing that keeps the hotel away from perfection is the bathroom size.... It was nice and extremely clean but a little small.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Istanbul. The hotel is within walking distance of the major attractions and has all the amenities of an upscale hotel at an affordable price. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Most importantly the hotel had a warm and friendly atmosphere. Every morning we started our day with a very nice breakfast that was included, and the staff talked with us each morning. Mehmet, was very attentive ensuring that we were comfortable and also took the time to give us suggestions as to attractions we could visit based on our specific interests.

I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to istanbul!

Karina

• Stayed July 2012
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have stayed here at this hotel for 6 nights. I have visited two of my friends' hotels (Best Western Premier and Raymond Hotel) on this trip and feel thoroughly lucky that I booked for myself at this hotel. For the price, the room is great, not too small, there is a cute balcony, small fridge, very modernly decorated bathroom, flat screen TV. The location cannot be beat. Steps away from everything. Restaurants are closeby when you walk down the hill towards the Marmara Sea. Sea wall is there, so are the Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, AyoSopia, Hippodrome, etc. Above all, the staff is caring and considerate. They went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable!

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

it was my third visit to istanbul, and this was the best one! and it's all thanks to this hotel! , what AMAZING location, right next to the Aia Sophia and the blue Mosque.
and the staff - although i'm traveling for more than 40 years, i have NEVER encountered such a wonderful; friendly and warm staff. they even brought a home made pastary to breakfast :)

rooms were spotless, and the air condition saved my life, in those warm istanbul days.

i'm sure that i will recommend this hotel to all my friends, and this will be my base in Istanbul FOREVER.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed in Istanbul for 4 nights and Magnaura hotel turned out to be a great location; with the view of the blue mosque and walking distance (5-10 Mins maximum) to the Basilica Cistern ; Hagia Sophia and theTopkapı Palace (Must see historical tourist attractions). Friendly staff with helpful suggestions to ensure time is well spent. Rooms are comfortable and clean with a small balacony overlooking the old city. Please note, since the hotel has only been open for a few months, the terrace on the roof top is still under construction and the kitchen is only open for a small buffet at breakfast.

Room Tip: Opt for Rooms without breakfast
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed at the Magnaura Hotel with my wife and were very pleased. The room was clean, comfortable, cozy, and nicely decorated. The staff was extremely polite and helpful and to finish off, the hotel is located within walking distance of all major attractions in the old city. Really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend the Magnaura Palace

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Magnaura Palace? Share your experiences!