“Nice stop before flying home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cihangir Mah. D 100 Guney Yan Yol N 289, Istanbul 34325, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Book Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #385 of 981 Hotels in Istanbul
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Nice stop before flying home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had an early flight to catch (07:35) therefore we booked this hotel. Hotel is new, 45 minutes from center of Istanbul by car. We didn't find out how to get there by public transport. Hotel is new, staffs were friendly. Room is nice. The only thing I don't like is the wooden floor which make it feel less cosy for a 5stars hotel. Hotel is 10 min walked to a shopping mall, nearby there is nothing much to do. We were told to try the Iskandar Kebab restaurant few steps away from the Hotel (turn right from the entrance of hotel), there are currently under renovation (but only downstair). We were told there were closed due to renovation but found out later actually it was opened but at upstair (so we missed it :(). Hotel is 15 min drive to the airport, we got a complementary shuttle taxi arranged by the hotel which was great as they written on the hotel booking site that they have free shuttle service which in reality they dont have. Due to early flight, we didn't got a chance to try their breakfast. I don't mind to stay there again on my next trip to Istanbul (if I have late night arrival or early flight).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
engins87, Sales Office Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We appreciate your comments. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, assuring our best service and attention.

Yours sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

the hotel live up to it's name, nice, big room and very friendly staff. I have to be in Istanbul a lot due to work and this is one of the few hotels that is not located in the city where almost all the staff can speak decent English. The food in the restaurant is nice, I love the roast lamb.
the only complain is there are structural noises especially during the night.

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor has better view and quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AhmetDogangun, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcılar for your recent visit.

We thank you for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,
Ahmet Doğangün
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is up to standered and stile. very freiendly staff. i didnt know any one but i felt safe knowing that i am with Hilton. Caner who made me love the city. verykind gentlmen who took his off work to show me the city. He saved me alot of money .took me to many places historical and night life was great. it is far from Taksim .but a nice develvepment area.near airport great for busness travlers. I also assistant front office MGR who was kind and friendly to assist me in the langouge.sorry if i cant remember all the names. you guys rock. comming back to Visit.Staff made me love the city. Thanks especially to caner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

New Richmond, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was visiting Istanbul for one night on a massive mileage run and being a Hilton Diamond, I wanted to use some points up. I chose this property because of their advertised airport shuttle. When I arrived at IST, I quickly learned that no such shuttle exists. Having never been there and having traveled for 24 hours, I booked a car to the hotel.

Upon arrival, I was greeted properly and explained my concern about having to pay so much for a car. They said they would confer with the manager and let me know if anything could be done. More on that later...

I found the property stunning in the lobby and the room was no exception. I loved the high room overlooking the water side with the giant windows. The diamond welcome amenities were top of the line with fresh fruit, sparkling and regular water. The hallways had dimmed lights that came up when you were present. It was also the first time I had seen switches for 'DND and Make up Room' inside the room that activate lights on the outside of the room.

The staff, everyone from Sevgi at the front desk, the guys at the bell/security stand and Riza in the stellar breakfast area were more than helpful. They helped guide me through the public transportation to a non-touristy shopping market since the Bazzaar was so far away and closed on Sunday, my only day there. The busses, while cramped with people were safe and fairly easy to navigate.

Riza was great in the breakfast area which had many hot food items both American and Turkish. They had a full racked honeycomb available to get fresh honey for the pastries. There were also many cheeses and olives showing off the great Mediterranean influence in their foods.

Back to the expense for transportation. In the end, the property owned the error on the Hilton website and reimbursed me for the transportation. Their intent is to remove it from the website for now and eventually re-establish the shuttle.

After dinner Saturday night at a nearby restaurant just down the road with a green lighted sign (great food), I went down to the pool, tub, fitness and Turkish Bath. All were very nice and modern. The sauna and turkish bath were the proper end to a 32 hour day on a full stomach before bed.

The only downside to this property is the proximity to the old town area. It would have been quite a journey to get to the bazzaar, the Bosphorus and the Blue Mosque. I think upon returning to IST, I would plan a few days at this property in Avcilar given the awesome experience they showed to me and then a few days over in the other side of town.

I look forward to my next vist to this wonderful property, one that other Hiltons and Doubletrees around the world should visit as a model of how to run a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room on the water side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Well I was waiting for this hotel to open up as it is near to the business area of beylicduzu in Istanbul. It was not a great stay. There are some structural issues with the hotel building I suppose as the structure makes lot of unpleasant noises, specially during the night. Beds are way too spongy, too spongy to be comfortable. Breakfast spread needs huge improvement. Staff quality is decent though. I really wish that it improves. Will give it one more stay try next time when back to Istanbul.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

We were sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay at our hotel and would like to apologize for this experience.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and appreciate your valuable opinions. Your comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcılar.

Best Regards,
Ahmet Doğangün
Ningbo, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Newly open (14th december), this hotel is perfect for a short stay if you need to stay near the Ataturk airport.
Location is so-so if you need to travel to city center, even do concierge can provide you a taxi in less than 5 minutes.
Around the hotel who is located on a highway, within walking distance you have Pelican Mall (carrefour, mc donalds and some other shops) in within 10 minutes by taxi you can find wonderful fish and seafood restaurants (ask concierge)
I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite (half priced on weekends), even do i arrived extremly early (5am) people at reception was very kind and assigned me my suite immediately.
Breakfast is very good and varied choice (omelettes very good), the manager of the restaurant is very kind and ensure that you have all what you need.
Overall the staff ( from concierge to housekeepers) are top notch.
Rooms are new, so confort is never a problem.

Room Tip: To have a nice sea view ask for high floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Yours sincerely

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar? Share your experiences!