“Perfect guide and advisor” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 542 Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Istanbul Photo Tours are organized by Istanbul Photo Workshops and a perfect opportunity to help you improve your photography in a short time while discovering little known, non-touristic spots of Istanbul. You may end up in a gypsy market, enter a metal workshop located inside a Middle Age caravanserai, drink tea with locals, may join a local wedding, circumcision ceremony, photographing kids enjoying the small local entertainment park of a remote neighborhood or discover the most ethnically diverse and colorful areas of Istanbul. If you would like to take your photography and communication skills to the next step this is a great opportunity to learn about the city, country and its people side by side with a National Geographic photographer who spent most of his life in Istanbul.
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect guide and advisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Kemal was a terrific host - he went out of his way to help me achieve my photographic goals, in fact he did more than that, he went to a lot of effort to deliver on my specific requests and I cannot thank him enough for that. If you're looking for a photo guide in one of the world's greatest cities, then do yourself a favour and hire Kemal as your guide. Money well spent, great friendship and expert advice.

Visited May 2011

East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Outstanding photo opportunities in Istanbul - experience the city and sharpen your photography skills. Unforgettable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I cannot speak highly enough of Kemal Nuraydin and Istanbul Photo Tours. I was in Istanbul with my adult son last year on business, and wanted to show him the magnificent wonders of the city with an experienced guide, who could also help me with my photography. Kemal fit the bill in an extraordinary way, as an Istanbul native, ace photographer and deputy editor of National Geographic Turkey.

Over the course of three incredible days, Kemal offered us precious opportunities that we never would have had without him - photographing Whirling Dervishes during a Muslim prayer service, taking pictures of melting gold in ancient workshops, literally climbing the rooftops of Istanbul in search of that perfect, ethereal shot, and so much more. With Kemal, I learned a great deal about how to take my love of travel photography to the next level, and I remain grateful to him.

Kemal's tour was so professional and enjoyable that I later relied on him to organize a similar, albeit less extensive, experience in Paris. I would wholeheartedly recommend Kemal and Istanbul Photo Tours for anyone seeking to combine their love of travel and photography. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. Kemal goes the extra mile, and he truly delivers.

Visited March 2011
London, England, United Kingdom
“A fantastic experience in Istanbul!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I booked a day with Kemal via the internet and paid half up front, and found myself very adventurous. Did Kemal really exist and would he really show up for a tourist? Well he did, and I was so impressed. His knowledge and skill is amazing, and he speaks English really well. I enjoyed my day with a true professional tremendously, and can not wait to go back for a weeks course sometime in the near future.

Visited May 2011
Australia
3 attraction reviews
“See Istanbul through the eyes of a local and improve your photography skills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had a fantastic day with Kemal Nuraydin, wandering around the streets of Istanbul, through the back alleys, street markets and local areas. Kemal is a friendly and relaxed guide, who meets your expectations of the tour, but who also offers his expertise about Istanbul, its history and culture along with his experience as a photographer. He is an incredible wealth in information and a patient teacher!

The day is broken up with coffee at local cafes and lunch somewhere interesting and out of the way. Suggestions are made, but ultimately its your choice! We met early and had a good 8-10 hours together. Kemal speaks numerous languages, so there is never a problem with communication.

I would definitely recommend Kemal as the first choice to see Istanbul along with maximising what your camera can capture in such a beautiful city. If you are a beginner or professional photographer, Kemal has something for everyone. We met as strangers but walked away at the end of the day as friends. I'll be going back again! Thanks Kemal! :-)

Visited December 2011