“Solid tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 380 activities in Istanbul
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Explore exotic Istanbul on a group or custom day tour. Discover the sights, scents & secrets of 2014 Traveller’s Choice #1 Destination with your own guide. Choose an exciting set itinerary visiting Istanbul’s world-renowned attractions or design your own day, complete with private guide. For over 14 years, Turkland Travel has fashioned brilliant experiences and immersive encounters to create the memories of a lifetime. Enjoy our flexible tour options, excellent service and outstanding value for money.Turkland Travel is an “A Class” Travel Agency, licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. Licence # A-4718.
Ohio
12 attraction reviews
“Solid tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I first inquired from their website and enjoyed a swift reply to my request for a short notice all-day tour (just a couple days in advance). In my case, they didn't ask for any online payment, just saying I should bring the cash with me. On tour morning, my bus driver arrived about 3 minutes before the 8 o'clock agreed-to time, and off we went to a staging area where people in different tours got into their specific buses. The guide was easy to understand, very kind and knowledgeable about the great history of Turkey from the early Greeks and Romans to the Ottoman and Byzantine periods up through the 20th century. He kept us moving to stay on time as we went to various mosques, museums, palaces and the lunch date (which, by the way was in the Olive restaurant's rooftop room and was a nice lunch). After we finished up, several of us decide to go visit the Basilica Cistern as recommended by our guide.

Visited February 2013
Ozden B, Owner at Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I hope we have the chance to meet again...

• Turkish first
“Magnificent agency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I contacted Turkland Travel Agency by email and received very prompt response from Ibrahim. My friend and I only had very limited time in Istanbul and wanted to see the city without wasting time finding our way around. The Turkland Travel Agency give us a tour on the first day, take us to the hotel, pick us up the next day for another private tour. Our guide Ozden was extremely well informed and had a good feel for our interests and the pace at which we wanted to see things. He chose wonderful local restaurants for lunch . He was a very interesting person and a pleasant companion for the two days in Istanbul. We learned a lot about Turkish history and culture from him. At the end of the tour, which made us feel very special , Ibrahim met us to ensure everything went as planned. He took a very personal interest in our having a great tour. I would highly recommend Turkland Travel Agency anyone who want to come Istanul / Turkey

Thank you very much for your review. We feel honored!
South Korea
“Istanbul and Ephesus for Our Honeymoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend 5 days of our honeymoon in Turkey and booked a few tours with Ibrahim at Turkland to help us make the most of our time. I made the booking inquiry rather close to our travel dates, and Ibrahim was very prompt and helpful with getting us booked quickly. He was able to accommodate flexible tours (e.g. private vs. group, other cities--Ephesus). And he took time to come out and say hello to us during our first tour.

We took four different tours (three tours and one dinner activity) with four different guides and they were all good experiences. Beyond the sheer beauty of the sites, I found the guides to be personable and passionate about what they do. They were professional, knowledgeable, and often willing to show us something a little extra if we asked. They even did their best to keep my husband--who is not particularly interested in history--entertained (especially our Ephesus guide). Everyone, from Ibrahim to the drivers, were very pleasant to deal with.

One note about Turkland (and I'm not sure if this applies generally to other tour companies as well): Three out of the four tours that we booked with them were actually run out of other companies/establishments. I didn't have any issue with this, but had anything come up it might have been confusing trying to figure out which company and person we would have needed to deal with. The fourth tour was with what I believe was an independent guide who works with Turkland, but not exclusively.

Overall I was satisfied with Turkland and would consider using them again, as well as recommending them to other Turkey-bound travelers.

Visited January 2013
Thank you for your time to write this review. Everyone in the office had difficulty to justify the reason to get 4 stars from you while you were satisfied, would consider using us again and recommend us to other travellers. This, however made us clarify one more time that we (TURKLAND TOURS) do not operate regular group tours by ourselves; we offer other companies' products. However, all PRIVATE tours are planned, managed and operated by us. This paragraph is sent to every single client who inquire about our tours, this was sent to you, too and you shared this info in this platform one more time.

I would like to enlighten you for your future trips: In case of an issue, the company and/or person you need to deal with is the one you pay your money to. In our situation, if something wrong had happened, you would have needed to deal with us (TURKLAND TOURS) as you had made your payment to us and we were responsible for all these arrangements.
London, United Kingdom
“Ozden's Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Ozden and Turkland Tours arrangement of our recent visit to Istanbul was outstanding. The attention to detail, reliability, as well a warm, welcoming and personal style coupled with his great experience and contacts in the city gave our whole group a great view of Istanbul, including a memorable boat tour, visits to both traditional & modern restaurants, shopping excursions as well as a memorable experience of the legendary Istanbul nightlife. Next time we’re in Istanbul, we shall be using Ozden and his team again!!

Visited January 2013
Egypt
“Turkland Travel Agency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I toured Turkey using this fantastic travel agency. And by my family I also mean my three-and-a-half-year-old granddaughter. We toured Cappadocia, Ephesus and two Istanbul city tours with them and couldn't be happier with our choice. Ozden Basak is the owner and our tour manager was Ibrahim Basyesic. Throughout the two-weeks, all drivers, tour guides, flights and accomodations were superior. Literally, there were no hassles and given that we were traveling with a young child, this was amazing! The gentleness with which they treated my granddaughter was touching. I will use them again when I travel alone or with a group of friends. And I highly recommend them for family travel. The guides were first-class and were truly knowledgeable without being boring. We were sad to see the day end but happy to know that the next day would bring about more fun. There are many touring agencies in Turkey. Last year I booked a week-long trip with one only to have the tour cancelled two-days before we were to depart. It was so disappointing! Not with the Turkland Travel Agency. Everything went as planned and the end result was that my family could enjoy the beauty of Turkey without the hassles. It was a rewarding experience!

Visited December 2012