“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sorriso Hotel

You added Sorriso Hotel to your Saves list
Sorriso Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kemalpasa Mah. Ordu Cd. No: 60 Laleli, Istanbul 34134, Turkey   |
Ranked #470 of 945 Hotels in Istanbul
Eltham, London, England
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

There were no reviews of this hotel at the time that we booked and just before we left there were three - two of which were negative so we didn't have high expectations of it. Having said that we had a very positive experience of the hotel. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and willing to help. The hotel is ideally situated for seeing all the main attractions and fronts onto the main road which is very busy. The tram stop is only a little walk away and it's very convenient for getting around cheaply. We were given a choice of rooms and chose one at the rear of the hotel, which was much quieter at night. The room and beds were very comfortable and it was spotlessly clean. The only slight negative was that the walls were quite thin so you could hear people chatting, but it was quiet at night so we weren't kept up or bothered by it at all. Ideal for a short break to see this lovely city.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are quieter, but there's not much of a view! Be prepared for the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Salmiyah, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have been in the hotel for the last 6 days. Checked out just yesterday.

The location of the hotel is good, this is the only positive thing about it. A vital environment, close to Aksaray metro station that makes transportaion really easy.
The hotel is small, rooms are tight and very close to each other. I could hear my neighbors in their intimite time and that is really embarrassing as I was accompanied by my youngest sister. It was as if they were sleepling on our own beds.
Receptionists don't know English as they are suppose to. I had to call more than 1 time so the receptionist understands that I need somone to get my luggage down to the lobby.
They charge too much for the taxi if you ask them to book one for you, and if they offer to get you a taxi and you said NO, they become angry.

While checking out the receptionist asks me if I need a taxi, I told him that he will be charging me a lot and I will look for a taxi on my own, he went furious and said everyone is happy with our service except you. I got a taxi from the street and when the bell boy was putting the bags in the trunk, he was having some tough chat with the taxi driver so the latter told him to pull the bags out. I couldn't understand what they are talking about so I asked the bell boy what is the problem, he said: theses taxis are not safe, I will get you another one. Since I was in a hurry I told him I don't mind actually and I will take the taxi. Afterwards the driver explained in simple words that the bell boy was asking for money.

Bad experience and an expensive one as well. Paid $120 per night and it wasn't worth it. I had an earlier trip with one of my friends, we stayed in Taksim (4 star hotel) for EURO 90 per night.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noice due to the Tram station.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

The first night when we came they didn't have the kind of room that we had booked and the Guy in the reception appologised for that but told us that we at least got a twin room. When we got up to the room it was the smallest singelroom with a fold up bed, definately not a twin room! During the night we got woken up a hundred times because the room was between the stairs up and down and you could hear everything from the door. When we took a shower it was water ALL over the bathroom when we used the shower that was placed in the roof. After the first night we got moved to a bigger and quiter room. When we wanted to ask for directions to the ferry the Guy instead tried to sell us à tour that was way over priced, so instead of service for the quests he thinks of comission.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Sorriso Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sorriso Hotel

Address: Kemalpasa Mah. Ordu Cd. No: 60 Laleli, Istanbul 34134, Turkey
Location: Turkey > Istanbul
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #470 of 945 Hotels in Istanbul
Hotel Class:4 star — Sorriso Hotel 4*
With its outstanding location in the center of Istanbul, Sorriso Hotel is just in walking distance to Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace and this is making it first choice for our leisure guests. The modern tramway and public buses are passing in front of the hotel and makes the way easy for main attractions. Taksim Square, shopping areas - Nisantasi, Osmanbey, Sisli which are the most luxury and quality shops are 5 km and Ataturk International Airport and CNR Exhibition Center are 13 km away from the hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sorriso Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Sorriso Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.