“Great food in normal prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Faros kebap

Faros kebap
Kocatepe Mahallesi Sehit Muhtar Caddesi 28/A | Talimhane, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey
+90 2122503356
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #198 of 11,070 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Traditional tastes of the Turkish cuisine are finding life with original presentation!Our experienced and friendly employees are ready to serve you 7 days a week between 08:00 and 01:00 with the enthuasiasm to make you live the turkish hospitality.The most delicious samples of East and Southeast Anatolia, from shashlik to beyti, from gavurdagı to kunefe, are been prepared with a service of high quality and experience of Faros.Taste of our foods and interior design will tempt you. In Faros Kebap, which is an oasis for people who love meat,you can organize your business lunch or dinner, make reservations for your special days.
Athens, Greece
“Great food in normal prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had the mix starter plate which was tasty and enough. The kebab plate was also great.The prices are normal comparing to many other restaurants in Istanbul, and its very close to many hotels in Taksim area. Very quick service although the restaurant was full.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Decent but not cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed faros hotel and it offers 15% discounts for faros kebap. Since it is Ramadan period. Only travellers are eating even at 8pm. Picture is about Adana kebap and it's spicy but not unenduable for me. Coupling with EFES is good. Price for kebap and beer is 36TRL. Not cheap.

While I'm writing this, they offer a pizza. Hope this help to you.

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Decent food, average service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was looking forward to visit this restaurant because of all the good reviews, but I was deeply disappointed.
We were two persons visiting this restaurant about 2pm a Monday in July (for lunch).
We were greeted by a waiter that couldn't speak English (not that there is anything strange about that around here), but we managed to point out in the menu card what we would like to eat.
The meat we ordered was dry and too seasoned (to much chilli), which kinda ruined the meal. After we had eaten the waiter asked if we would like dessert, we answered no. He came back about 2 minutes later with tea to both of us without even asking if we wanted the tea, one of us don't even drink tea. Okay we wasn't charge for the tea, but talking with the costumers use to be a part of the service.
When I had finished drinking my tea I asked to pay, the waiter came back with a bill which included 10% in tips. I didn't expect that, it is not normal procedure around here and I do not like to be forced to pay a certain amount of tips. If the service is good I leave a good amount of tips, if not, I don't. It is not like it was a cheap meal, the restaurant was way to overpriced which many of the restaurants in the hotel area near taksim is. Maybe they think they can do what ever they like because of that Trip advisor "Certificate of Excellence 2013" sign on the wall.
I will definitely not go there again, a proof that Trip advisor is not always good to follow.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We went here for dinner the first night we arrived in Istanbul. The food was excellent & the staff were all very friendly & helpful. The menu was also in English & all the staff spoke English really well which helped :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I ate here three times during my time in Istanbul as it was very close to my hotel. Unlike many restaurants, no pushy people touting on the street, yet it was always the busiest place on the street. The starter plate (8 dips and fresh bread) was great and there was a nice selection of meat dishes for mains. Prices were reasonable for what is a up-market area near Taksim Square.

Visited June 2013