“Good location, though a bit hard to find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Durmaz Hotel

You added Grand Durmaz Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Durmaz Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ataturk Bulvari Kemalpasa Mah. No:4 | Aksaray/Fatih, Istanbul 34080, Turkey   |
Ranked #329 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
Austin, Texas
“Good location, though a bit hard to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed for two nights and had good stay. Staff are helpful and pleasant, and the hotel is conveniently located - a tram stop is just around the corner and Aksaray metro station less than ten minutes' walk, at a busy part of the old town, so not easy to locate, not just for out-of- town folks. Our Taxi driver had a hard time finding the place, two different times! Other than that, it was a good chois and reasonable too.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Kazan, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in the hotel 3-6 November. When we came very early (8am) we were suggested to take a tea and wait some time before our room would be cleaned. After it we could use it without additional payment. The room was clean. We always had clean towels, new shampoo, conditioner and gel. Room is not small, you get comfortable bed, table, little wardrobe, mini bar, teapot. Breakfast is more turkish, than european, but I think it is an advantage - we could try local food. Local olives, cheese, honey started to be my favourite. Also you get some meat, eggs, soup, salad, few fruits and so on. Enough to be not hungry until the dinner time.
It is situated in very comfartable to get place: 300 meters from metro station (end stop from the airport), tram station is also very close. We prefer walking tours, and location is good for it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Ok..I made a HUGE mistake of booking a non-refundable room!!! I still regret it, our Istanbul trip was have been much better! Seriously!!! We arrived in IST on a very early flt and reached the hotel @ 8am. I totally understand that they didn't have any rooms as they were fully booked.

• Stayed October 2012
Gabes, Tunisia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed in the hotel from 14th to 16th October 2012.
Hotel Location: Perfect, near tramway station (about 100 meters), near shopping center.
Rooms: clean, confortable, no noise, and secure
Hotel staff: very kind staff of the hotel day and night, always available with smiles , speaking in english well, and with remarakable dress!
Breakfast: the breakfast is included in the room rate, the breakfast is on the 6th floor, wide restaurant and with variety of foods.
The rate is higher than other hotels but can be negotiated if booked earlier.

We strongly recommend this hotel.

Mohamed & Mustapha

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the front
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DilekC521, Manager at Grand Durmaz Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Mohamed & Mustapha ,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and have shared your lovely comments with the team.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Dilek Canozu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

New decorated hotel . Less than one min to Aksaray tram station , three stations to Grand Bazaar . Few min walking to Sulaymaniyah mosque . Clean and acceptable space room, good breakfast and good rest. They changed our triple room to Royal suit for two full days for free !

Room Tip: Have a room viewing Murat Pasha mosque !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DilekC521, Manager at Grand Durmaz Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Grand Durmaz Hotel Guest,

Thank you for posting your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to read your nice review, and are so pleased that we could contribute to making your trip to Turkey great experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel looks very nice in the photos and it is true, it's new and nicely and tastefully decorated but it leaves a lot to be desired in crucial areas:

Sleeping quality: the twin beds are very small with very firm mattresses even for someone like me who likes firm mattresses, the pillows are foam and insubstantial and worst of all the air conditioning in my room could not be controlled, it would simply start and stop after some time, making the room either freezing or too hot. As a result I didn't have a single night's good sleep. I complained about the air conditioning and twice I was told that a technician would fix it but nothing happened.

breakfast: very miserable selection of strangely coloured and tasting cold meats, very basic cereals, some mediocre yoghurt, stale tasting pieces of cake, (it did have scrambled eggs which I didn't try because they didn't appeal to me). I only went once and never bothered again.

location: very convienient for the tram but otherwise not a very pleasant location unless you want to get an urban feel of Istanbul.

wifi: free and good quality. Didn't have any trouble connecting with my pc but connection with iphones and ipads was troublesome in my room, I could only estabish the connection at reception and only then would it continue working in the room.

I found the staff friendly and polite but unable to help me with what made me unhappy about the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Grand Durmaz Hotel Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I regret your initial experience with us was disappointing.I am sorry to hear you were unable to enjoy a restful visit and further that we were unable to offer a more comfortable solution.We sincerely apologize for the challenges you have experienced at our hotel since this was certainly not an indication of the level of service and quality that is usually delivered by us.

We appreciate your feedback in helping to improve our service and offerings.We hope for the opportunity to provide you better service and accommodations on future visits.

Dilek Canözü
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hotel at a high level of luxury and cleanliness and the location was very excellent and close to the tram station and Staff has been very helpful and provides assistance guests and the price Comparson location and Server is very Good

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr.Khalid,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback.

It is very special that you took the time to write about your experience at the our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we took good care of you.Your comments have been shared with the whole team here with thanks.It was really a pleasure to have you with us.

Whenever you plan to come back please let me know.My direct email address :dilek.canozu@granddurmazhotel.com.

Kind Regards,
Dilek Canozu

Been to Grand Durmaz Hotel? Share your experiences!