“Excellent Boutique Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Muyan Suites

You added Muyan Suites to your Saves list
Muyan Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Binbirdirek Mah. Dizdariye Medresesi Sok. | No:13 Sultanahmet / Old City, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #14 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Perth, Australia
“Excellent Boutique Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We recently spent 7 nights at Muyan Suites, Istanbul. We were in a suite, with our son. The hotel location was ideal, in a quiet street walking distance to all the old city sights and restaurants. Walking the streets around the hotel gave us an insight to local old city life without the tourist influence. We heard the call to prayer every day and would have been disappointed to be in Istanbul and not heard that. Our suite was well decorated, comfortable and of good size. Breakfast was a variety of local foods in addition to a "continental breakfast" and of course Turkish coffee or Green apple tea. The staff at the front desk and dining room were very friendly and helpful such that after a few days it was like staying with friends. Mr Aslan,the manager, Miss Tugba and their colleagues did an excellent job to make us welcome and well looked after. Their hospitality was so good that we would only want to stay at this hotel if we visit Istanbul again. We have travelled extensively and always stay in boutique hotels in the old part of any old city and we highly recommend Muyan Suites.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed at Muyan Suites for 5 nights in April 2014 and had a wonderful experience. ALL of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they made sure our time in Istanbul was stress-free and enjoyable.

Our room was on the top floor (level 3) at the rear of the building and was very quiet. We did not hear the early morning call to prayer (if in fact there was one!?) even though the hotel is located very near the famous mosques of Sultanahmet. The room was very large, very clean and elegantly furnished. The bed was large and very comfortable. The room was serviced perfectly each day and we really appreciated being given a large bottle of water daily. The breakfast buffet has a good selection of foods - including lots of fresh vegetables, cheese, fruits and yogurts which were appreciated!

The location is good. On a quiet backstreet away from the hustle of Divan Yolu and the Hippodrome but close to all the major sites in the old district of Sultanahmet.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Istanbul.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Muyan describes itself as a "boutique hotel" but it's tired and looks as if it was designed by my granny. If you're looking for something slick, this isn't it. The room and common areas were probably clean but the dated and bashed fittings made them feel otherwise. I feel that it would have had much tougher reviews were it not for the excellent helpful and friendly staff, particularly the manager and the breakfast manager.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just returned from three nights in Istanbul and stayed at Munyan Suites, perfect location in side street minutes away from major sites i.e.Blue Mosque etc. Aslan and his staff very helpful
we much appreciated having a very early breakfast 6.15am (usual breakfast time starts 7.30am)due to flight time on our last day, would have been grateful for toast and coffee, but the complete buffet breakfast was laid out for us, a very kind special touch.
Rooms and bathroom excellent. Would recommend it to any family and friends visiting Istanbul.
Sylvia
hertfordshire

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We wanted to stay at hotel close to the Hippodrome. This hotel was a great value, had a friendly staff, awesome breakfast spread, and just a short stroll to the hippodrome where we spent our evenings eating Shawarmas and watching the Blue Mosque glow in the evening light.

• Stayed June 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This boutique hotel near the Blue Mosque and many other historic sites is ideally located. The rooms are nice and fully upgraded. The staff are very cordial and helpful and the service is excellent. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. However for quietness ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed two nights here as my last stop before the end of a round-the-world trip. Super clean, very spacious (which was great for the re-packing project required after buying gifts), and well located to the tourist sites. The staff here was incredibly helpful - I changed my reservation once and sent the wrong flight information another time and they were endlessly patient with me. I changed my reservation to stay multiple nights and they comped my ride in from the airport in response. When I arrived later in the evening (9:30 ish), they offered to walk with me to go get food in case I was uncomfortable wandering around on my own. I left the hotel around 6 a.m. to get to the airport and more than once, they offered to make me coffee and breakfast before my departure - then packed me a to go bag with toast and fruit.

Only downsides are no roof-deck, which is nice to have in this area, though obviously wouldn't matter in this hotel b/c of the tall buildings around, and there is some noise from hallways / other rooms, but I think this is true of every place I stayed in Turkey, so just comes with the territory. I joked with friends that someone had finally realized i was queen of the world b/c my last stop was in a palace, and that's how lovely the staff here made me feel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Muyan Suites? Share your experiences!