“Clean hotel with a lot of amenities and a great location...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Muyan Suites

You added Muyan Suites to your Saves list
Muyan Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Binbirdirek Mah. Dizdariye Medresesi Sok. | No:13 Sultanahmet / Old City, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet)   |
Ranked #17 of 1,022 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean hotel with a lot of amenities and a great location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed at the Muyan Suites. Last year, we split our time between the Muyan and a sister hotel, the Millennium Suites. Both are wonderful places to stay. In fact, It was staying in these hotels last year that inspired me to set up a TripAdvisor account...merely so that I could rave about our stay.

First, the Muyan Suites hotel is clean and in good condition. This is important because a lot of prices in a similar price range typically lack in both cleanliness and the condition of the linens, appliances, furniture, etc. As such, it is a real gem for the cost.

Second, the hotel is in a fantastic location. It is a 5 minute walk to the Hippodrome (the large walkway where both the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia are located). It is also a 5 minutes the other direction to a relatively lively shopping district with many restaurants. Yet, it manages to be in an exceptionally quiet area. As such, it gives you the ability to stop by any time, get to anywhere you want to go, and yet get a good night's sleep.

Third, and most importantly, the staff are the best in the business. I've spent 100 nights in hotels per year the last few years (because of work). I have not found a friendlier group of hotel managers and staff than at the Muyan Suites (and Millenium Suites). They bend over backwards to give a great customer experience. And even when we leave at 4am for the airport, the manager wakes up to bid us farewell (this has happened twice now). They arrange inexpensive cars to the airport, dinners, and give the best advice on where to find local delicacies. They really are the greatest asset of the hotel.

I commend this hotel to you...except when I want to book a room...then I want it all to myself.

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed 3 nights and every thing was unexpected!. I had a very pleasant stay. The staff were very kind and helpful. They spent a lot of time to explain and to show me every thing in details and where I suppose to go and visit in Istanbul with always smiling face. The room is clean and the sitting area is nice and very well decorated. I memorized all the staff names one by one which never happened to me in my previous trips. They are 1.Aslan 2.Oktay 3.Volkan 4.Tuba 5.Muharam and 6.Ridwan. All they are a very superb team. Breakfast was also healthy and well organized. Mr. Volkan picked me up on his own car on the first day I arrived to an Arabic returant called AlMadinah. I could not believe that! What a great service!!
I strongly recommend this hotel for other travelers.
I hope to repeate my experience again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the Muyan December 4, 2012. Upon arrival, Aslan, manager offered the group something to drink and provided us with a quick critique of Istanbul as we were ready to explore. The rooms are neat and clean and pleasantly furnished. The beds very comfortable. The staff was friendly, and accommodating. Breakfast was provided. It was good and healthy! The Muyan is in the old city and in walking distance to all the sites and easy access to the trains, buses, boats.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at the Muyan Suites in early November along with our 2 young daughters - booked after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. We had a great experience - right from figuring out the options and reservation via email, airport pick up, welcome by the manager Aslan. We were particularly concerned about the room size based on general reviews of hotels in the Old City - but they accommodated us and took really good care of us. The location is unbeatable, just a short walk from all the key tourist sites. Breakfast was good, but overall service was perfect - one evening we came back tired and did not want to step out for dinner - Aslan arranged to bring over some sandwiches, bread, butter etc at no extra charge! Also they readily delivered milk for my daughter all 24 hours

All hotels in the old city are akin to B&Bs in the US - we would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: They have 1 BR suite on the 1st floor which we stayed in - very quiet and enough room for 4
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Last week my 5 friends and I stayed at the Muyan Suites. As soon as we walked into the lobby I knew we made the right choice. We were greeted by the hotel manager Aslan, who offered us a beverage (my first turkish coffee) and helped us get our bearings. All the staff at the hotel were great! Any questions or help we needed was attended to with superior customer service. Our rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable. The hotel location is perfect for seeing the old city attractions as well as getting to transportation to the modern city and the Asia side. Everyone went above and beyond to make our stay unforgetable. I hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cartagena, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at the Muyan Suites a week ago. We loved our room which had a nice decoration , clean very large .This hotel is very romantic. The location was awesome because just a block down the street was the modern air conditioned train you can take to go shoppping and site-seeing. The staff at the hotel were very kind and helpful and the rooms were kept very clean. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ıtaly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed there in September. It is a great location for sightseeing and the staff were so helpfull and always willing to help us all the places to visit. The hotel is clean and very nicely decorated. We had a great time there and are thinking of going again next year.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family