“Excellent small hotel in Old City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Muyan Suites

You added Muyan Suites to your Saves list
Muyan Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Binbirdirek Mah. Dizdariye Medresesi Sok. | No:13 Sultanahmet / Old City, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Ranked #16 of 960 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent small hotel in Old City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Fantasic small hotel in Old City - we stayed there for 6 nights. The staff could not do enough for us. Very clean, well equiped hotel. Good location, within walking distance of the main tourist sites of the old town - safe at night. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

We were there mid-May. The hotel seems brand new, we had a clean and quiet suite at the first floor. The location is very good, near the main attractions of the main town, and very quiet, just away of the main streets (ok, that also depends of the people in the other rooms). I travel a lot, and I have to say the place is expensive, as Istanbul seems to be now. The breakfast was disappointing.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We would like to share our experience of our recent trip to istanbul by first and foremost mention of Muyan Suites where we stayed for a week. Right from the word go we were treated like family members and we felt very much at home thanks to the extreme warmth and kindness of the staff. Everyone of them, be it Aslan, Furkan, Tugba, Octoi or the chef not to forget the cleaning staff would go out of their way to make us very comfortable. Even though breakfast was included, any other dish was instantly prepared upon demand by the ever-willing, smiling chef!
Muyan Suites is undoubtedly is in the best location and highly recommendable for staying in istanbul because of its proximity to the grand bazaar, tram station, innumerable cafes, restaurants and other sight-seeing places which could be reached in a walkable distance! Although it is a hotel, it gives the appearance of a house since it has 14 rooms with a small reception area where very often the guests had the opportunity to interact with other guests or Mr Aslan and Furkan who are such wonderful, friendly, helpful people, who also turned out to be perfect tourist guides ! The rooms are very airy, clean and the bathrooms sparkle!
We would like to thank the entire team of Muyan Suites for their overwhelming hospitality.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights.Being picked up at the airport and getting my room at 8.30am were very pleasant surprises. The hotel is very new and the rooms are spacious and immaculate. The mattresses and pillows are wonderful. The rooms are beautifully decorated with high quality furniture and exactly as in the pictures on the website. How anyone could not like the furnishings I just don't quite understand!!!!!!!!! The bathroom was great and the shower was fantastic. There was free water which was constantly replaced and a fridge and tea and coffee facilities. The television DOES have many English channels and Aslan or one of the other staff will help you find them if you can't find them yourself. To say there are none is just not true. There are three rooms on each floor. The fact that the hotel was small was why I chose it. The wifi worked perfectly and I did not find the internet slow.
The staff were very helpful. It was not my first trip to Istanbul and I had already done most of the touristy things so I did not need that much assistance but when I did they went out of their way to tell me how to get to the places I wanted to go or to call taxis. They even helped me with a minor problem with a Turkish Airlines booking I had. One night when I was too tired to go out, they helped me order Turkish pizza from a nearby restaurant and it was delivered to my room on a tray with a salad.
The hotel is located on a quiet street close to everything you want to visit in Istanbul and the tram line is very close too. The location is perfect.
The breakfast was OK. I agree with the previous person who said that they should offer fresh juice. I found it frustrating to eat and then go out and be surrounded by all these fabulous fresh juice places, but I had already eaten. To improve breakfast I think the hotel could invest in a juicer and offer fresh orange juice, a toaster and let people toast bread and expand on the range of breads offered. Muesli would also be nice for the health conscious traveller. Other than that there were plenty of Turkish breakfast options on offer. There was something for everyone.
I will definitely go back to this hotel when I return to Istanbul. However, I would like to make one final comment to prospective guests,if you are staying here I would say that as it is a small hotel you should be respectful of other guests and not come back making loud noise or talking on your mobile in the corridor at all hours. Other than the night my neighbours woke me up several times, you could not hear a pin drop in this hotel. It was SO quiet.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed OK. Very similar decoration. I don't know if the rooms at the front are noisier...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent a total of seven days in Istanbul, three at the beginning and four at the end of our trip. The hotel is well located, the rooms are very nice, and the breakfast was delicious. But the best part of the stay was the warmth and kindness of the staff. Aslan and Furkan especially were very gracious and helpful. They provided good restaurant and sightseeing recommendations, and helped us with other details such as airport transfers to and from the hotel. They also helped us set up a one day trip to Trabzon to see the remarkable Sumela Monastery, and arranged for a driver and car at a very reasonable cost. Istanbul is a remarkable city and Muyan Suites is a great base for exploration.

Room Tip: The hotel has an elevator, but there are also two rooms on the main floor which are very convenient...
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Pros :
- Walking distance from Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Ayasofia, Topkapi
- Big room, good bathroom.
- Big safe box in the closet
- Nice bedding
- Nice breakfast (included in price)
- Coffee / tea pot in room with nice selection
- Free bottled water (never drink tap water in Istanbul !)
- Free WiFi
- Great selection of amenities in bathroom (razor, toothbrush, etc.)
- Flat screen TV with many channels
- No traffic noise (in our room)
- Smiling and courteous staff, very friendly, will help you during your stay (tours, restaurants, transfers, etc.)

Cons :
- Small closet, no drawers
- Slow Internet
- TV has only turkish channels - would need some international ones
- I did not like very much the room decoration (but it is a matter of taste)
- Small hotel means no pool, no fitness room (but anyway, who has time for that in Istanbul ?)

For the price, we would definitely recommend it.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I Traveled  as a single woman and was not disappointed in this hotel. I had doubts before I go but Istanbul is  a safe city and the location of the hotel is perfect. It's in the center of all major tourist sites, the room was spacious by European standards, very clean and well decorated. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. There are a lots to see in Istanbul.  I wasn't able to do all the things I wanted to, I'll go back there and definitely stay in Muyan suites.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Muyan Suites? Share your experiences!