“Great location and nice look” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Faros Hotel Taksim

You added Faros Hotel Taksim to your Saves list
Faros Hotel Taksim
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Kocatepe Mahallesi Taksim Caddesi No: 55 | Taksim, Istanbul 34437, Turkey (New City / Taksim)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #223 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Istanbul
“Great location and nice look”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hotel is just off Taksim square, nicely designed hotel and service good room, good and ideal for a short city break. Missed the breakfast so can't comment on the food but the bar area looked good and helped with bags and taxis

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

farostaksim, Front Office Manager at Faros Hotel Taksim, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure for us to read it and thank you for sharing your opinions about our hotel on TripAdvisor with the people all over the world. The entire team of Faros Hotel Taksim will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

Greetings from Istanbul.

Warm Regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our group of 9 recently stayed in Faros Hotel. We were there for 5 nights. Staff was really very nice and receptive. Receptionist Hasan helped us a lot in finding our way in Istanbul. Food was quite ok, hotel clean, rooms equipped, value for money.
There were two problems however. Room access was difficult (electronic keys not working at times), and there was some kind of greasy spot in the elevator, watch out for the jackets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
farostaksim, Front Office Manager at Faros Hotel Taksim, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to write a review on your experience in our hotel on tripadvisor. Please be sure that your comments have been notice and we will make Tecnical Service department aware of these marks.

Kind Regards,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Located less than 10 minutes walk from Taksim square, this hotel is in a great spot. The hotel staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. The breakfast in the morning has a variety of cold food options however the selection for the hot plates was very limited. I loved that the hotel bar always had free good juice available. Staying at this hotel gives you a 15% discount on the Faros restaurant close by which had good food. Overall great place, a little bit expensive but that is to be expected for the location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
farostaksim, Front Office Manager at Faros Hotel Taksim, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Faros Hotel Taksim and for taking time to write us.

Please be sure that your comments about our breakfast have been noted and we will make Food & Beverage Department aware of this.

Warm Regards,

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, and had a terrible experience there. A good friend of mine came to visit me while I was there. I was going to bring him to my room to visit with me, and to show him some items that I purchased at the Bazaar. We were chased down by the staff, and told that he was not allowed to come to my room. It was handled in a very shameful, disrespectful and humiliating way. I have never been treated like this at any hotel before. They were rude and unbending about it. I said that I did not sign a contract, nor did I agree to the terms that they were subjecting me to. They chased us through the lobby to the elevator as if we were committing a crime. It was disgusting. As I tried to assert my rights, the situation just deteriorated. I wanted to leave the hotel, but they refused to refund my money. (I would have been happy to find another hotel for the duration of my stay.)I rented the room in good faith, and was denied any sense of fairness or hospitality. From my point of view, this was extremely unacceptable, and unprofessional. I was told that we could visit in the lobby for an hour if we wanted to. I was offended by that offer, and I believe that we were entitled to our privacy, and I did not need to have the staff monitoring us, or our conversation. The implied attitude was offensive and unwarranted. I was told that this was the case in all hotels in Turkey. I have visited Istanbul 5 times, and have never encountered this type of treatment, and yes, the same friend has come to visit me in a couple of other hotels. Perhaps there are cultural differences, but I would warn anyone traveling to this hotel that they might not be treated with the respect that everyone should be entitled to. I promised them that I was going to share this experience on Tripadvisor.
Also, the hotel was extremely difficult to find due to the construction at Taksim Square. Many people were not familiar with the hotel, nor the street that it was located on. If you take the bus from the airport, be prepared to deal with the confusion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel due to the noise on the street, however there was still...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very conveniently located next to Taksim square. There were road works happening but we could still walk to Taksim in about 5 mins. The room was very good and well maintained. Some people have mentioned that there are issues with noise from the street but we did not observe this. We had a room facing the road on the 5th floor. We walked down towards Galata Bridge and it was a leisurely 1 hour walk.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Hasan took the time to sit down with us and go over a map pointing out the locations we should see, how to get there and what costs to expect for transport / food etc. He aranged for a night cruise on the Bosphorus which was quite good.

The breakfast was a good spread of cereals, fruit, bread, cakes and some hot dishes. Tea and coffee are available with fruit juices.

We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in Istanbul

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Faros Hotel Taksim associates for your wonderful review. Our constant aim is to provide a friendly and efficient service to make reach guest experience a special one and it is always rewarding to hear when we reach this aim. We will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

With My Best Regards,

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is very clean and breakfast is very reasonable. The best thing was the staff, murad and Hasan( the front desk) were extremely friendly and welcoming. They offered us juice when we arrived and were very helpful in recommendations. The rooms were very clean and the room service was efficient. The hotel's location is magnificent as its only a 5 minute walk to taksim square. We stayed in the seventh floor, there was no noise at all. Thank you for a great stay. I will surely visit again if i have the chance to.

Visited mid November 2012.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
farostaksim, Front Office Manager at Faros Hotel Taksim, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and staff. We hope to host you in our hotel again with an unforgettable memories.

If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact with us.

and We wish the best for you with the new year !

Rabiye S.AYDOGAN
F/O MANAGER
Pýrgos, Ilia, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel is clean and staff is excellent,especially Hasan guest service and receptionist guys who helped us with our travel plans around the whole city,Hasan's recommendations are perfect and with reasonable prices.You only need taxi from airport to the hotel,this shows how the hotel location is central,everywhere is in walking distance,if you want to visit the oldcity,taking tram is enough just at the end of the street.Hotel service is excellent,staff went out their way to make us happy.We had a really perfect experience.....!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
farostaksim, Front Office Manager at Faros Hotel Taksim, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Faros Hotel Taksim associates for your wonderful review. Our constant aim is to provide a friendly and efficient service to make each guest experience a special one an it is always rewarding to hear when we reach this aim.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Faros Hotel Taksim and we hope to see you again.

Greetings from Istanbul...

Front Office Manager

Been to Faros Hotel Taksim? Share your experiences!