If there was a rating between "average" and "very good," that's what I would give the Mari Time. It was completely adequate for our needs, but nothing more than that.
- you can't beat the location - less than a five-minute walk to the Blue Mosque/Aya Sofia square.
- staff is nice, speaks good English, and was very helpful in organizing transport to and from various places. Oguz (one of the guys manning the front desk) also has lots of good recommendations for restaurants, etc. There is someone at the desk 24/7.
- wifi is reliable and there is a laptop onsite in case you don't want to use your smartphone.
- the shower is good and hot
- in room coffee (well, Nescafe) and tea
the less good:
- the rooms are VERY small. Not enough room for me to have an open suitcase on the floor
- if your room faces the front of the hotel, be prepared to be woken up at six in the morning by voices on the street. (You'll also be woken up by the muezzin, but that will happen anywhere in the city.)
- breakfast is pretty basic - bread, salads, cheese, and spreads (ja,s, olives, etc). Once in a while you'll get french toast or hard-boiled eggs.
Would I stay here again? Maybe - it seems pretty representative of what you'll get for this price. But I would look at other options as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mari Time Hotel is one of Little Hagia Sophia most important Design Hotel situated at the heart of Istanbul historic peninsula; at the Roman empire's Hippodrome, the Ottomans' Concourse, or Turkey's Sultan Ahmet square - where remarkable history unfolds -Treat yourself to a dream whre the matchless beauty, dynamism and vitality of the megacity that joins the two continents, at Mari Time Hotel, known for its proximity to all historic and cultural spots at the city centre. With its concept architecture, exquisite decoration and HIP service, Mari Time Hotel offers appealing, custom-designed rooms. Historic sites such as Topkapi Palace, the Hagia Sophia Museum, the Basilica Cistern, the Blue Mosque ,Museum of Archaelogy, the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar are but a few steps away from our hotel, wich will ease your experience of the nearby shopping centres and Taksim Plaza,the hub of the city's famous nightlife, and unforgettable Bosphorus cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mari Time Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.