“Great little b&b in Beyoglu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peradays

You added Peradays to your Saves list
Peradays
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Kamer Hantun Mah. Hamalbasi Cad.32, Istanbul 34435, Turkey   |
Offers & Announcements
40% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 828 Istanbul B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great little b&b in Beyoglu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Peradays is a small b&b with an excellent location in Beyoglu. The owners of the hotel are very friendly, professional, and helpful. They were incredibly gracious and made us feel right at home. On the first night that we arrived, Murat personally walked us to one of his favorite restaurants and helped us order our meal. We truly appreciated that extra touch as we were tired from traveling and just wanted to eat something good and go to bed without having to navigate the neighborhood. In addition, they made a number of recommendations for restaurants and also a jazz club which we enjoyed very much.

We stayed in room #1, which is right above the reception area. I would not recommend this room if you are a light sleeper (like me) since you can hear every single noise from below. The room itself was fine, although there were two twin beds that we pushed together rather than one queen or full. Perhaps this was listed on the website and I missed it, but we would have preferred one larger bed.

The hotel also has a terrace which isn't particularly scenic, but it was nice to sit up there with a cup of tea in the morning or evening. Breakfast was lovely, but got a bit repetitive as the same thing is served each day (tomatoes, cucumbers, meat, cheese, bread, jam, omelette, olives). On some days they served a delicious cheese and honey crepe.

The location is fantastic- 10 minute walk to Tunel which is an underground train that will connect you to the tram that you will take to all of the touristy sites in Sultanahmet. The hotel is around the corner from the main strip that is filled with restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops. The block that the hotel is on appears a bit shabby at first glance, but it is quite safe and we were totally comfortable once we got our bearings. Unless you are only going to Istanbul for the touristy sites, I would highly suggest staying in Beyoglu as there is far more to do here even though you have to travel 15-20 minutes to do some sightseeing. The trams are very easy to use once you learn the system, however, there really weren't any good maps available so you kind of have to figure it out on your own.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've been meaning to write this review for months. My husband, sister-in-law, and I traveled to Istanbul back in April, and I haven't forgotten what a wonderful experience it was. It says a lot that now, some five months later, I am still just as excited about this place as I was when we first arrived.

It's evident that Murat, Murat, and Bora take great pride in their property and their city. Located just off the bustling Istikal Street, Peradays is a little, quiet oasis with fabulous attention to detail in the decor, the food, the cleanliness, and overall service. I don't know what the previous reviewer is talking about when she says the area is unsafe. My sister-in-law and I (both of us in our twenties) went in and out of Peradays by ourselves several times (my husband likes his sleep), and I never once felt unsafe (and I am from a suburb in Wisconsin!). You'll be very comfortable and safe inside and outside of Peradays. I'm also really glad we stayed near Istikal/Taksim and not Sultanahmet (where a lot more of the touristy and historical things are) because once you've done the touristy things in Sultanahmet, there's really no reason to stay down there. There are much better restaurants, shops, and nightlife up near Istikal/Taksim that are not just tourist traps. Plus, it's really easy to walk down the hill to hop on the street car/trolley to get to the places in Sultanahmet. We had the public transportation figured out the first day, and it really is just a short ride to get there. Definitely stay near Istikal.

The beds in our room were comfortable, and I appreciated the beautiful window treatments that kept the room nice and dark. The decor in the room was modern, but still very comfortable. It had everything we needed: two twin beds, night stands, a flat screen TV, a hotpot for making tea, a desk, extra chairs and reading lamps, and a sofa sleeper for my sister-in-law. It even came with a cat! (We welcomed their cat into our room because we love animals. I'm sure if you told them you didn't want her in your room they'd see to it that she did not go in.) The bathroom was clean, though compact, with a stand-up shower stall.

I can't say enough about the ambiance and comfort of the hotel, but the true highlight of Peradays is the staff. The Murats and Bora are so welcoming and accommodating. We arrived well ahead of check-in on our first day, and they had no problem storing our large suitcases while we toured the city that afternoon. Throughout the week, they made several great recommendations for food, and even wrote out some phonetic pronunciations of common phrases in Turkish and gave us impromptu language lessons over breakfast just for fun.

Speaking of breakfast -- WOW! I still have dreams about the fluffy egg and pepper dish they made us every day. Delicious! My mouth is also watering just thinking about the soft breads and preserves they served, along with cheeses and olives and a housemade carrot and orange juice. We started every morning out with such a filling breakfast that we didn't need to eat until much later in the day. A few days we woke up well after breakfast time (more like 11 am or noon) and they still made us the full breakfast. Another night we came in late and they offered us a late night snack of a homemade cake. So sweet and thoughtful!

Our room was right at the top of the metal stairs, and that would be my only complaint: it did get a little noisy (again, my husband likes his sleep!), but more often than not, hearing guests in the lobby/breakfast area just made me want to get moving a little faster to go visit and hear what others were doing that day or had done the day before.

We have stayed in a lot of American boutique hotels and B&Bs, and Peradays definitely ranks among our favorites. It's great for couples or families who are looking for a lively, modern, and communal atmosphere. Murat, Murat, and Bora, thanks for making us feel like a part of your family for that week back in April. We'll always look back on our time at Peradays with fond memories, and we wish you the best!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Peradays is a small hotel, very well managed by very polite organized and professional people.
The rooms are good, not amazing, the breakfast is fine, made almost on demand by a very polite lady who is making the housekeeping too, overall a price above 80euros is not justified (I paid 120!)
The hype around this hotel is exaggerated and seeing it in the top 5 hotel of istanbul can only make you disappointed not disappointed because you will find bad things in there, but because nothing is amazing or even "waoow great". THIS IS THE LIMIT OF THE TRIPADVISOR RANKING.

So it is an hotel you may choose and you will probably enjoy it, but do not expect something more!

You should note that the street right behind the hotel is like the worst street of istanbul center, if you come from Taksim to the hotel not from Istikial, you will go through a street beeing renovated populated with quite a lot of drugged people, some dirty junky prostitute, homeless and beggars. You can easily avoid the street but on one occasion some people asked me some money righT in front of the hotel, I did not like that, it is very unusual in Istanbul.
So because of that, I would not recommend the hotel for single or group of girl.

I feel sorry for the hotel manager to say all above as once again he is a lovely person and will make everything for you to have a good stay, but it is a review website, I tried to put a fair review.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Key Biscayne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

It has taken me a little time to digest my experience at the Peradays while in Istanbul (maybe Gulten's fabulous breakfasts are responsible). I spent 10 days at this charm of a boutique hotel and feel totally qualified to add my overwhelming vote of 10/10 to other reviews. Don't let the initial impression of stepping down into the dim lobby/breakfast room/elevator/sitting area deter you from discovering the light and highlights of the rest of this interesting boutique hotel...a fabulous trio of hosts/owners, delightfully appointed rooms (stayed in #6 with a balcony), the opportunity to meet interesting fellow world travellers and a great location to walk to restaurants, shops, even a club called the Ghetto. I particularly loved hearing the call to prayer from my room as I sat out on the balcony. As a native New Yorker, I could appreciate the ambience of this small hotel with cool architecture (designed by the brother of one of the owners) ressembling a fire escape with metal stairways ending in a skylight. Again, I cannot say enough about the kindness, humor, hospitality, intelligence and generosity of the three owners. They were definitely the high points of my Istanbul experience. Thank you Murat 1.0, 2.0, Borat and Gulten. My best regards for the continued success of Peradays.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Rotterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

When we arrived at Peradays the first time, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is designed with great care and Murat, Bora and Murat clearly enjoy running it. Our room was lovely and because of the entresol big enough for our family of four. The bathrooms were a big hit with our children (go see for yourself, I don't want to give away the surprise). When we came back to Istanbul, we did not have to think twice where to stay. When our five year old son finally got into bed after a long day on the bus he sighed " ahhh, home" and that was exactly how we all felt. Peradays is our home in Istanbul.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Groningen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is not situated at the most glamorous spot in Istanbul, but once inside your are welcomed by a very pleasant staf. One of the owners, Murat Argon speaks English really well. You are treated moe like a friend than a foreigner. You have to like the style of the hotel. The hotel's style is basic with a lot of lovely fancy details and all the rooms are different and spacious.
The breakfast is a treat!
There is a small cosy roofterrace.

Room Tip: Choose for a quiet room on the back (with no view) or for a room at the streetsite with a view but a...