“Friendliest staff in all of Istanbul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sultans Royal Hotel

You added Sultans Royal Hotel to your Saves list
Sultans Royal Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucuk Ayasofya Mah. Mustafa Pasa Sok.No: 29 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet)   |
Special Offer
10% EXTRA DISCOUNT !
Ranked #39 of 1,070 Hotels in Istanbul
Istanbul, Turkey
“Friendliest staff in all of Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here with my mom for a week before beginning 4 months of study abroad in Istanbul. The staff was the friendliest staff I have ever encountered in any service industry-- they not only went out of their way to help you figure out plans, directions, etc, but were very easy to talk to. My mother and I would always end up sitting with Erdal, one of the men that works there, and conversing with him before going up to our room. Two of them gave me their contact information after my mother left in case I needed any help during my study abroad months. The rest of the hotel is great as well, but the staff makes this hotel worth the stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Fantastic location 5 minutes from the Blue Mosque, great yet simple breakfast, clean (smallish) room with a comfy bed and a nice shower, very friendly and thoughtful front desk staff! Easy access to the airport and to the central tram.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, which we were concerned would be a bit noisy, but we didn't hear a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TJYYZ
Dhaka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We booked a family room at Sultans Royal Hotel from my country and were not disappointed. This hotel and the people of this hotel are truly amazing. They are extremely friendly with my 8 year old son and everyone is so nice. They give something extra which is difficult to explain but after the trip makes you truly satisfied to choose such a lovely hotel. The hotel helped us arrangingband suggesting several trips. Our room was at first floor, very nice. We took a extra bed for my 8 year old son but didn't need it as my son wants to sleep with us. But I would suggest to take that extra bed for small children as it is a bit crampy. We had most of our meals in Doy Doy restaurant, 2 min. Walk from the hotel, which was very nice as well. The best thing I liked in this hotel was the staff, they add something extra. Also everything worked well in the room and the toilets were clean and nice. If we come again in Istanbul we will definitely stay in this hotel

Room Tip: The hotel is in the quite area of the Sultanahmet street so room preference doesn't matter that...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Faisal R
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

First of all i would like to say that Istanbul is a wonderful city to visit .Great tourist sites lots of history.A must see city to visit in ones lifetime.
The Sultans Royal Hotel is a great hotel.We found the staff helpful,friendly,the hotel was clean,the rooms we stayed in #301 & 302 were spacious and comfortable.The restaurants near the hotel were also good especially Mostra Fish restaurant. Will definitely be staying at this hotel again when we bring our adult children to see the wonder of Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ayoboy
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel had the friendliest staff I have ever experienced. I am happy to call them my friends after our 6 night stay at the hotel. The breakfast and housekeeping staff always welcomed you with a genuine, warm smile. Words cannot express how well I was treated, and It was a great feeling knowing that they would help me with anything, anytime, without question. All of the front desk staff were very helpful for finding attractions and restarants, and willing to have a conversation about anything. However, Ersin and Serkan went above and beyond this with their kindness and hospitality. Ersin gave me his email and phone number to contact him if we needed help with anything. We became good friends very quickly, and meeting him was one of the best experiences of our European travel that lasted over 5 weeks. He is truly a great person.

The hotel was very, very clean. Every inch was spotless! The rooms were great, they even painted the ceiling! They were large, with plenty of space to unpack. Most importantly, the wifi was very fast!! The bathroom was large as well with a blowdryer, shampoo and any amenity you would need. The mini-bar had very resonable prices, although we did not use it. The breakfast was fresh, diversified and delicious. Every type of food was available, and the breakfast room was very clean as well. Both the housekeeping and breakfast room staff were also very courteous and friendly.

The hotel was able to give me a late checkout, which helped a lot because I was running behind; the staff was willing to carry our bags and load the shuttle busses without asking for a tip. We used their shuttle busses coming from the SAW airport, and going home through the TAV and both shuttles were great. We were offered Turkish delight during our ride!

The value of the hotel was great. Having friendly staff is priceless, and the rooms and quality of the hotel should have demanded the highest prices in Istanbul, and yet The Sultans Royal was a fraction of the price.

Our room was very quiet, and the beds were very comfortable allowing us to have great sleeps to re-energize for the next day of seeing the beautiful city of Istanbul.

Room Tip: The room that we stayed in faced the back of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jbarbs8
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The most friendly and genuinely caring staff we have ever come across, heped us fall in love with Istanbul. The breakkfast was good, and the standard of cleanliness in the rooms was second to none. Thanks again to Sirkan and the other wonderful members of the management team

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 1976Gavin1976
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sultans Royal Hotel. We found it situated in walking distance to the Blue Mosque and other tourist sites. The staff was very friendly, and helpful regarding tours and restaurants. Our room was clean, comfortable, and a delicious breakfast was served every morning. I usually woke up at 5am, and walked the streets without any worry. During our 5 day stay, I made friends with the hotel staff. One of the staff, Ersin, owned a '70s Fiat. I told him I like classic cars. We posed for pictures in front of the car, and he offered to give me a ride in it. On the day of our departure, we left at 6;30 am. The staff made us an early breakfast, which was very kind of them. Upon leaving, we hugged and shook hands with them. We had tears in our eyes. Because of the staff, it was the best hotel I've ever stayed in. They made our time in Istanbul truly enjoyable. If you go there, I suggest you dine at the nearby Seatanbul and The Babylon. Both have terraces overlooking Istanbul and the sea.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple