“Perfect small hotel, great staff, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sultans Royal Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sultans Royal Hotel to your Saves list
Sultans Royal Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucuk Ayasofya Mah. Mustafa Pasa Sok.No: 29 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Free Airport Transfer !
Ranked #29 of 924 Hotels in Istanbul
Houston, Texas
“Perfect small hotel, great staff, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Istanbul that is affordable and right in the middle of everything, this is it. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and gave us some fantastic restaurant choices. They arranged a private guide service for us, which saved us both time and money. The rooms were small, but very clean and modern. We will definitely return to this hotel when we come back to Istanbul.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My cousin and I (two girls) decided to do a 9 day trip oversea and to start off our trip we went to Istanbul first... So here is the review in my opinion for this hotel...
Location - great location to everything, I mean like walking distance... If I brought my running shoes I could had done a morning jog along the water with an awesome view.
Breakfast - was provided... And one morning we came back really late (early morning) and ask for breakfast earlier, they were very accommodating in doing so.
Wifi - was provided for FREE as well, but wasn't as fast as it would be in the US.
Comfort of room - we got one of the smaller room which was more than enough for my cousin and I. With awesome view from the bedroom and the bathroom especially when we were getting ready in the morning. We opened up the windows because it was a quite street with nice weather and view.
CUSTOMERS SERVICE - ** the most important aspect of my review ** now customer service is very important to me, especially in a foreign country... You wonder "can they speak English, will I be able to understand them, and etc...." Let me start off by saying this whole 9 day vacation I did with my cousin, Istanbul was the best part of it all. We got to meet such a wonderful person "Ersin" he works at the hotel, was very knowledgable and helpful throughout our trip. We was patience with what my cousin wanted and helped her out with suggestions and information on where to go and what to do.
OVERALL I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!! we will be planning another trip for sure to Istanbul again so we can try to see and experience things we didn't get to do on our last trip...

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was a wonderful experience we had when we were In Istanbul staying in sultan royal hotel
for ten days we stay there, what a wonderful friendly young staff they have. the room was nice and clean, very good and healthy breakfast,me and my wife enjoy every moment of it, the blue mosque, spphia ,and many tourist spot are 5 minute walking distance, the staff always helping us
Me and my wife wants to say Thanks for making our trip a great success.

Regards,
Arif.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

What a great find. We wanted to stay walking distance to all the sites but not where we could hear all the noise. Sultans Royal Hotel gave us that. Clean, safe, and friendly staff, this will be our go to hotel for our future stays in Istanbul.

• Stayed June 2013
Erbil, Iraq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed at Sultan's Royal on recommendation from a friend who had stayed there at Easter.Asit was my first trip to Istanbul and I was travelling alone I decided to use the hotel pick up service from the airport. I received a warm and friendly welcome at the hotel - reception is 24hrs which is nice when returning late to the hotel. Room and bathroom was spotless, bed very comfortable. The dish of Turkish delight was a treat! The late and early prayer calls did not bother me but may be an issue for some - and while I did hear travellers checking in late - I was so tired after a day of walking I fell back to sleep easily. Hotel is easy walking distance to the metro, Blue Mosque and other sights in the Sultanamet area - I even walked to Grand bazaar and onto the Spice bazaar, across the Galata bridge and back! Heaps of little cafes/restaurants around the corner . Lovely staff - will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This small hotel is a wonderful oasis from the bustle and grit of Istanbul. It is on a quiet sidestreet, much preferable to the many hotels on the surrounding busier streets in this neighborhood. Our room, although the smallest available, was plenty roomy, including a sitting area between the bed and the bathroom. The bath was lovely, and we particularly loved the built-in sitting area in the shower (very nice after a long, hot day of walking!). Everything was immaculately clean, and the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, without being intrusive. The breakfast spread was generous, from fruit, vegetables, and yogurt, to eggs, bread, cheeses, and all kinds of delicious spreads. Istanbul is an intense city, and we found the Royal Sultans to be a relaxing respite after long days of absorbing everything. Both a terrific value and a delightful experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was in Istanbul for 5 days business, Sultans royal hotel was such a great experience to stay in Istanbul. A very Strategic Location , near to the attraction points in Sultan Ahmet city. I liked the very clean Rooms, very helpful staff, specially Ercin , I will come again next time, for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sultans Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!