“Istanbul's Jewel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sultans Royal Hotel

Hotels.com Booking.com
Sultans Royal Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucuk Ayasofya Mah. Mustafa Pasa Sok.No: 29 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Airport Transfer !
Ranked #26 of 886 hotels in Istanbul
Dublin, Ireland
“Istanbul's Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our pleasant experience with the hotel began before we were even officially guests. We walked into the hotel looking for a place to stay since the apartment we had rented nearby was not up to par. Ersin helped us find a room quickly and throughout the duration of our stay, he went out of his way to make sure that everything was above and beyond. The hotel is in a perfect, yet quiet and secluded location. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast in the morning was absolutely phenomenal. For the price, location, and friendliness of the staff, you couldn't ask for a better place to stay in Istanbul. Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Fairmont, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We just returned from a 17 day trip to Turkey. Our first and last nights were spent at this great little boutique hotel. Our room was very clean and quiet. The decorations were just right. The breakfasts were fantastic, with all the fresh fruits, vegetables, breads, jams, etc. I also want to thank Ersin and his staff for their courtesy and willingness to visit with us and answer any questions we had. The last two nights we had a top floor room with a great view. The location in Sultanahmet is also so nice. All the famous, major sites are very close and also some really, really good restaurants are very close. Once again I thank Ersin for his superb service to us. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

The couple from Minnesota

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel for 6 nights in November. Boy, did I love this hotel. All the wonderful comments on TripAdivsor are true. Sultans Royal is a nice boutique hotel with 16 rooms. The front desk staff makes it a point to address you by name each day.
I was traveling solo to Istanbul and because I was staying 6 nights, I received free pickup and return to the airport by booking through their website. It was so nice to arrive after a very long trip and see a young man holding up my name.
The welcome I received at the hotel was outstanding. The room I had was a good size, exceptionally clean and spotless and with a good size bathroom. Lots of towels, plenty of water pressure in the shower and good toiletries.
The room had plenty of closet space to store my clothes. Each room has a mini bar (small fridge) with the least expensive items I have ever seen. A bottle of cold water is .5 Turkish lira which is about 25 cents US dollar. Why lug around bottles of water, when you can purchase them so cheaply?
Breakfast was heaven. Lots of grilled vegetables - I am still dreaming about the roasted eggplant and red peppers - fresh fruit, pastries, cheeses, jams, etc. The breakfast room was nice and cosy.
I felt very safe at the hotel and walking around the neighborhood at night by myself. You can receive an 8% discount if you pay for your hotel in cash - I was able to pay using US dollars. WiFi is free and fast.
I would especially like to thank Ersin for the wonderful tips he gave me during my stay. Ersin, I really enjoyed the conversations we had! I hope to return next year.
Thanks again - Kathleen

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Uzes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Sultans Royal Hotel and for us it did not disappoint. We chose this small hotel in the Sultanahmet for the following reasons:
1. Small hotel with 16 rooms ideally positioned in the rich, historical section of the city.
2. New hotel with modern facilities (elevator was a necessary requirement) decorated in a charming Ottoman style.
3. Rooms and bathrooms are simply furnished but very functional and serviced daily to a high standard.
4. Previous reviews relating to the exceptional service of the staff.
5. Transfers to and from the airport were included in our room rate.
We were very promptly and politely transferred to the hotel after our plane was delayed and arrived to a warm welcome and cup of tea at 1.30am! We chose a family suite as we were travelling with our elderly mother and we were very happy with the rooms. We received a complimentary fruit plate (which was replenished during our stay) and fresh flowers as we were celebrating a special birthday.
That morning we experienced our first Turkish breakfast and what a feast it is...there is something to suit everybody's taste.
The only small suggestion we can make is that it would be nice to serve a freshly prepared fruit plate rather than having to peel or cut up fruit yourself for those of us that are too lazy to do so!
Ersin and his team certainly know how to please and help their guests. In our experience nothing was a problem, it was just a matter of asking and you got all the help or information you needed and always with a smile or a little joke.
Thank you to all the staff for you wonderful Turkish hospitality and making our stay and our mother's birthday so special.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have to admit that I am always a bit skeptical when reviews seem too good to be true, but Sultans Royal really was everything reviewers said it would be. The location is ideal on a peaceful street just a short walk to the Blue Mosque. Our room was spacous, very well-appointed with a good bed, and a strong shower in an unusually large bathroom. The room was also very quiet -- we really slept well here.

As others have noted, the breakfast buffet offers a large assortment of goodies -- I especially appreciated the apple tea and the wonderful jams.

What really sets the Sultans Royal apart is the incredible service. Nothing was too much trouble, and we were constantly asked, "What can I do for you today?" Ersin in particular was so friendly and helpful -- he became our personal tutor, teaching us us a few new Turkish words each day. We felt so welcome and so comfortable here -- this was that rare hotel experience when you feel as if you are staying with friends. Believe the reviews -- Sultans Royal is a gem!

Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends in early September—the experience was fantastic. The location was safe, the rooms were clean and fairly priced, and the folks employed at the hotel were kind and helpful. The free breakfast buffet offered a nice selection of healthy foods, certainly worth waking up for to get our days started. The surrounding neighborhood though well-stocked with a wide variety of quaint shops and restaurants, was a bit culturally sanitized—clearly catering to tourists, that is. If you want an authentic flavor of the city, it's best to plan some day trips that involve crossing bridges and rivers into some of the grittier parts. This by no means detracts from the experience one would have by staying at Sultans Royal, given the price. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel for first-time visitors to Istanbul. In particular, the gentleman at the front desk (Ersin) was immensely helpful with regard to local recommendations—his hospitality ensured that I would stay here again the next time I come to Istanbul.

Room Tip: The two rooms and bathrooms I saw were very quiet, clean, and well-maintained. I would add, however...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

hotel and the staff are just amazing. from the bell boys to the front check in staff they are brillant. they are so so helpful. and would do there best to help you from directions to telling you what to vist and how too.
a big mention to ershin and eyre(sorry i know i have spelt ur names wrong) where amazing from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. they helped us out and made our stay in istanbul that more special. one evening the weather turned bad and eyre helped us in ordering a takaaway saving us going out in the bad weather. ershin is so friendly and helped us in answering all our questions. and even arranged our transfer back to the airport. they all defin go that extra mile for there guests.
the hotel is clean and the rooms were perfect. plenty of hot water, tea/coffee in the room. cleaned everyday. the buffet breakfast was fresh and when asked they even made me some fried eggs.
the location is very good. close to all the main attractions. we never needed to use a taxi. istanbul is a lovely place. but the plus point was staying in this hotel were all staff were amazing.
if we every get a chance to go back i would defin be staying at this hotel. five stars.. well done to all the staff. keep the good work up.
thanks again for making our trip so great.. Naveed

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sultans Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!