“like staying with family or friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neorion Hotel

You added Neorion Hotel to your Saves list
Neorion Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Orhaniye Street No 14 | Sirkeci, Istanbul 34120, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 938 Hotels in Istanbul
Bedford, United Kingdom
“like staying with family or friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel was highly recommended to us, and we had a wonderful stay in October 13. The staff, the location and the food were all superb and it represented excellent value for money. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they made us feel welcome, helped us plan our time and make best use of the museums and palaces that are within walking distance. At the end of the day, the rooftop terrace with a welcome drink was a wonderfully atmospheric place to reflect and soak up the sounds of the muezzin calling believers to prayer.
The meze buffet available from after breakfast to dinner was a lovely touch and the whole stay was really good value for money. We'll be gong back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked the "deluxe room" in April for our stay at the Neorion in October. There is only one "deluxe room" in the hotel and I booked at the Neorion because of the trip advisor reviews and the "deluxe room" was available. I received an email confirmation and had several email exchanges before we arrived at the hotel.
The airport pickup was smooth and we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff. However, we were soon disappointed when the hotel staff informed us that they had given our room to someone else!!! They claimed it was a "computer error," but we never believed that excuse. We do not know why our room was given to someone else, but it was clear that this was not a computer error. We had too many communications with the hotel before we arrived.
So, they gave us another room which was small and did not have the amenities of the room we booked six months in advance. It was very disappointing.
The staff almost stood on their heads to appease us. They sent us to the roof top restaurant at Imbat (a "sister" hotel) where they paid for us to have a fantastic dinner and they gave us a huge discount on the room. They really tried, but I believe that a hotel's first responsibility is to honor a reservation. I honestly would have stayed somewhere else had I known we would not have the "deluxe" room. We were way too tired from traveling to find another hotel when we arrived.
The hotel's public spaces are lovely and comfortable. The location was perfect. And the staff are very accommodating. However, I would strongly suggest that you double (or triple) confirm your reservation if you care about the type of room you are booking.

Room Tip: I was able to peek into the "deluxe" room. It was really nice. Looked like it was worth th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
My dearest guest;
I am Faruk Boyacı the owner of Neorion and Sirkeci Group Hotels and Restaurants.
I would like to thank you for your precious review.
While reading your review I understood that this wasn't the case and I felt obliged to ask a formal apology for haven't being able to provide the service level or facilities you were expecting.

I met with my sales department and hotel team after your case. I want to mention that I am deeply sorry about the room problem . We will make sure that this is not going to be happened again.

It will be a real happiness for me whether one day we would have a chance to host you again at our hotels or restaurants.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

From our arrival to departure the staff were excellent. The hotel was as spotlesly clean as any I have ever visited. Decor was fresh and open. Breakfast was a huge variety of cereals,,pastries,charcuterie,and hot dishes. You could not ask for more choice. Bedrooms are painly but nicely furnished. Roof terrace offers some great views. The advice we received from staff on restaurants,sights and booking attractions etc was invaluable saving both time and money.The hotrel is very well located for walking to most of the main attractions.I could not recommend this hotel more

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have selected this hotel to stay for 4 nights based ion trip advisor rank. I’ve decided to test the great reviews and rank for this hotel.
Actually, I found out that the hotel deserves every good word on the reviews. The online reservation was very smooth; I have received the confirmation email in addition to an email with login account for what they call guestfolio which contains very useful information. I used to get oriented to the hotel area and the hotel services even before landing in Istanbul.
The hotel provides some nice offers at the time of reservation, such as free airport pickup and 10% discount in case of cash payment upon arriving.
The good experience started at the airport, Hotel representative was waiting for me and I was quickly accompanied to the driving car with polite driver.
As soon as I arrived to the hotel, they provide me with something to drink, and two people from the hotel started to explain to me everything about the hotel location and what to do in very friendly way. Then they invited me to the snacks par (every day from 1 to 7 pm) till my room is prepared as I have arrived two hours early from the check in time, but they did their best to give me the room and they have actually upgraded it to room with more space.
The room was so nice, with all standard amenities, the breakfast was really great. I liked it and everybody seemed to have good time and good food. I have tried the SPA and the Turkish bath, and it was up to the expectations as well.
The warm welcoming attitude continued in every incident, In one morning one of the hotel staff walked with me to the main street to make sure I take the right taxi and to tell him my destination in Turkish language.
The hotel location is perfect, you just walk with the tram to the right and you reach Bosphorus and you can take the ferry boat, and you can walk to the left with the tram and you will reach the touristic area (Topkapi , Blue Mosque, and Aya Sofya). There are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops on the surrounding area and very nice area for shopping and walking (Grand bazar is around 20 minutes walking from the hotel on the tram line)
I really recommend this hotel, and I thank them for their hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Neorion for five nites in early October, and found it lovely and very comfortable for a very good price. Our room was spacious and clean, and the hotel location, in the heart of the Old City, was excellent. We walked to the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, etc. The Neorion staff was wonderful, friendly, accommodating, and eager to please. The breakfast was good too. My only complant is I left some postcards there on oct.7 to be mailed, and they arrived postmarked Oct.22. Otherwise, all thumbs up.

Stayed October 2013

Owner of the Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Customer service is excellent beginning with emailed questions and ending with assistance on every request. Wonderful location. Good restaurants affiliated with the sister hotels. The staff is memorable. Great views from the terrace. Great value.

Room Tip: 606-quiet but no view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Owner of the Hotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in late September after coming off a Silversea cruise from Athens. I had booked at the Neorion from seeing all the fabulous reviews on Tripadvisor as this was our first trip to Istanbul. We couldn't have been more pleased with everything about the hotel. From the moment we arrived we were greeted and taken care of like we were related to the owner. The staff could not be more accommodating and the personalized service during our stay was amazing. I was accompanied to a nearby pharmacy by one of the staff to make sure they understood what I needed as I had fallen before I checked in. Every part of our experience was exceptional. I know that if we are ever to go to Istanbul again, I want to stay here and would recommend it to anyone that wants a more intimate experience with first class service and ambiance.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
My dearest guest;

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel

Been to Neorion Hotel? Share your experiences!