“Faultless service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neorion Hotel

You added Neorion Hotel to your Saves list
Neorion Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Orhaniye Street No 14 | Sirkeci, Istanbul 34120, Turkey (Sultanahmet)   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE PICKUP&CASH DISCOUNT
Ranked #4 of 1,022 Hotels in Istanbul
london
“Faultless service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

From our arrival to departure the staff were excellent. The hotel was as spotlesly clean as any I have ever visited. Decor was fresh and open. Breakfast was a huge variety of cereals,,pastries,charcuterie,and hot dishes. You could not ask for more choice. Bedrooms are painly but nicely furnished. Roof terrace offers some great views. The advice we received from staff on restaurants,sights and booking attractions etc was invaluable saving both time and money.The hotrel is very well located for walking to most of the main attractions.I could not recommend this hotel more

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Faruk Boyacı

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have selected this hotel to stay for 4 nights based ion trip advisor rank. I’ve decided to test the great reviews and rank for this hotel.
Actually, I found out that the hotel deserves every good word on the reviews. The online reservation was very smooth; I have received the confirmation email in addition to an email with login account for what they call guestfolio which contains very useful information. I used to get oriented to the hotel area and the hotel services even before landing in Istanbul.
The hotel provides some nice offers at the time of reservation, such as free airport pickup and 10% discount in case of cash payment upon arriving.
The good experience started at the airport, Hotel representative was waiting for me and I was quickly accompanied to the driving car with polite driver.
As soon as I arrived to the hotel, they provide me with something to drink, and two people from the hotel started to explain to me everything about the hotel location and what to do in very friendly way. Then they invited me to the snacks par (every day from 1 to 7 pm) till my room is prepared as I have arrived two hours early from the check in time, but they did their best to give me the room and they have actually upgraded it to room with more space.
The room was so nice, with all standard amenities, the breakfast was really great. I liked it and everybody seemed to have good time and good food. I have tried the SPA and the Turkish bath, and it was up to the expectations as well.
The warm welcoming attitude continued in every incident, In one morning one of the hotel staff walked with me to the main street to make sure I take the right taxi and to tell him my destination in Turkish language.
The hotel location is perfect, you just walk with the tram to the right and you reach Bosphorus and you can take the ferry boat, and you can walk to the left with the tram and you will reach the touristic area (Topkapi , Blue Mosque, and Aya Sofya). There are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops on the surrounding area and very nice area for shopping and walking (Grand bazar is around 20 minutes walking from the hotel on the tram line)
I really recommend this hotel, and I thank them for their hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Neorion for five nites in early October, and found it lovely and very comfortable for a very good price. Our room was spacious and clean, and the hotel location, in the heart of the Old City, was excellent. We walked to the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, etc. The Neorion staff was wonderful, friendly, accommodating, and eager to please. The breakfast was good too. My only complant is I left some postcards there on oct.7 to be mailed, and they arrived postmarked Oct.22. Otherwise, all thumbs up.

Stayed October 2013

Owner of the Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Customer service is excellent beginning with emailed questions and ending with assistance on every request. Wonderful location. Good restaurants affiliated with the sister hotels. The staff is memorable. Great views from the terrace. Great value.

Room Tip: 606-quiet but no view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Owner of the Hotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in late September after coming off a Silversea cruise from Athens. I had booked at the Neorion from seeing all the fabulous reviews on Tripadvisor as this was our first trip to Istanbul. We couldn't have been more pleased with everything about the hotel. From the moment we arrived we were greeted and taken care of like we were related to the owner. The staff could not be more accommodating and the personalized service during our stay was amazing. I was accompanied to a nearby pharmacy by one of the staff to make sure they understood what I needed as I had fallen before I checked in. Every part of our experience was exceptional. I know that if we are ever to go to Istanbul again, I want to stay here and would recommend it to anyone that wants a more intimate experience with first class service and ambiance.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
My dearest guest;

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel
Rye Brook, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I found this hotel by looking on tripadvisor. I liked the reviews and I wasn't misled. The Neorion is in a great location in the old city close to major tourist sites. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once inside it's warm and welcoming. The reception staff were terrific and very helpful. It's a small boutique hotel, so I was expecting the typical European room--very small. What a nice surprise. Our room was very large, beautifully appointed with lots of drawers and closet space. This is a special place--I've never been to a hotel anywhere and found a welcome letter from the owner. It made me smile and I wish other hotels treated guests as the Neorion does. I can't recommend it highly enough--I just regret we had only 1 night there. We hope to return and I'd certainly book this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Istanbul is a crazy town, and that's not a criticism, just an observation. Wonderful, lovely, vibrant crazy Istanbul. But what happens if you need to get off the streets and step into some calm? Then make sure you book into the Neorion. It all starts with a welcome drink and a warm reception from their lovely staff. The rooms are excellent, clean, comfortable beds, and if you don't mind this sort of thing a huge mural behind the bed depicting what old Istanbul used to be like.

The hotel is right in the centre of "Old Town" just near the port, and a short walk to all the sights. A circuit around the Spice Bazaar, Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace is around 4.5 kilometres. You could do the walk easily in a day if you wanted, but a few would be better as each one deserves a good look. However it is nice to know they Ae all so close!

As far as the hotel is concerned it is really hard to find fault. The breakfast is great with the usual stuff as well as some local Turkish flavours if you feel like it. The free meze session every afternoon is a nice touch and the downstairs bar is a comfortable place to meet people. Staff fall over themselves to help you. My highlight was the Turkish baths downstairs in the hotel and this is included in the room charge. Make sure you set aside some time for this as it's really clean and well kept. You should also make sure you get up to the rooftop bar for an amazing view of a Istanbul all around you.

My only criticism would be the noise on the main street side of the hotel. These rooms have you right in the action below and while there is double glazing which helps heaps it may be an issue for the light sleeper or those annoyed by such things. The upside is that you get Istanbul in your face but safely down below, and that is not a bad thing in itself! You also get a little balcony that you can get out and stand on to take in the atmosphere. However, the rooms the other side of the hotel, while with no real view and lacking a balcony, are as quiet as can be, so you can choose the exact level of engagement with Istanbul you wish to have.

So, when in Istanbul, I will never stay anywhere else. This hotel is great, the attitude of the staff excellent and for my mind really good value for money, especially when you consider all the extra benefits and the closeness to everything worth seeing in Istanbul!

Well played, Neorion!

Room Tip: If you like quiet get a room in the centre of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple