“Great hotel in the heart of the old city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neorion Hotel

You added Neorion Hotel to your Saves list
Neorion Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Orhaniye Street No 14 | Sirkeci, Istanbul 34120, Turkey (Sultanahmet)   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE PICKUP&CASH DISCOUNT
Ranked #4 of 1,022 Hotels in Istanbul
Melbourne
“Great hotel in the heart of the old city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel staff were outstanding. They were friendly and only too keen to help with bookings, taxis, transfers, check ins etc. The rooms were tasteful and very nice. We thought 160 euros per night was reasonably expensive but have little with which to compare. It was apparent that it was fairly simple to get a room upgrade and a small discount if you ask, and on our return visit we were given a larger room at a lower rate because we had returned. Also there is a 10% discount for cash payment. The roof top terrace has views over the blue mosque at sunset that were breathtaking and complimentary drinks at 8pm. The Turkish bath was an experience to remember. Walking distance to all major sights and excellent restaurants all along the nearby streets. We loved it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.

Faruk Boyacı

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Grafton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

First, let me say that Istanbul is a safe and beautiful city to visit. The recent political unrest is not evident, unless you go looking for it around the Taksim Square area. And, in the Square, as of my review there is nothing to worry about. My advice: Do not put off a trip to Istanbul due to news media coverage. Follow the advice of your State Department and do not be influenced by the CNN video loops and news coverage.

If you are planning a trip to Istanbul I highly recommend the Neorion Hotel. The Hotel rooms are spacious, well air-conditioned, and quite comfortable. The facility itself is lovely. the best feature of the Neorion is the view from their roof-top terrace. Truly, the view from the Neorion Terrace provides you with the best view of the Old City of Istanbul. At sunset, it is truly spectacular.

So, what makes the Neorion stand out from the others? The service and the staff. The staff put the customer first and do everything possible to make your trip to Istanbul as nice as possible. You cannot go wrong staying at this hotel! You will feel most welcome and sad to say goodbye to the staff, that feel more like new friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Tx USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Let me start by stating that the hotel staff was excellent and available for your every need. Carlesh and Fati were wonderful. The hotel was within walking distance from many of the main sights. Breakfast buffet was good with lots of variety. (Really enjoyed the honey comb). Afternoon mezze was also great, not as much variety as morning buffet but still great. The upstairs terrace view was so beautiful in the evening. We had a bedroom with a kingsize bed and private balcony with a view of the Bosphorus. My mother-in-law and daughter staying in a room with two single beds and was also nice. The Turkish Delight was a nice treat every day. We traveled as a family, husband, 12 year old daughter and mother-in-law. And we all loved this hotel. If we ever go back to Istanbul, will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Owner of the Hotel
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I selected the hotel based upon the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. The Neorion deserves the accolades. We stayed three nights and had a very positive experience. The big hotel chains could learn a great deal from the Neorion's commitment to customer service. It starts when you check in where you are given a free drink of your choice and a briefing on the hotel and Istanbul and it continues throughout the stay. The bed was good and the breakfast was typically European, with a wide selection of choices. The room was small, but comfortable. The bed was good. The bottom line is that the Neorion is a great hotel and in my opinion, a great value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
My dearest Guest,

If you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 2 1/2 week trip through the Greek islands, ending with a three-night stay at the Neorion Hotel in Istanbul. As other reviewers have noted, from the time I made the reservation all was handled professionally, courteously, and with heart. My husband was sick when we arrived, and after our orientation with the concierge, she walked with me to a nearby pharmacy and helped me find the appropriate medicines. The staff was aware of his not feeling well, and inquired as to his wellness every day. And they patiently answered my questions as to how to get to various places. Add to the friendliness and concern of the staff our clean, air-conditioned room, a wonderful breakfast buffet and afternoon mezzes, a great location near the Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Bazaar and other sights - the Neorion Hotel was for us the perfect, tranquil base from which to operate. While our room overlooked a side street, there was some traffic noise, but with the air conditioning turned on, it became minimal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my third time visiting the great city of Istanbul and I can honestly say I've found the hotel I will always stay at when visiting.

The Neorion is a great hotel with excellent service and very friendly staff.

We had a great room that exceeded expectations. We had good breakfasts and great afternoon snacks in the lobby restaurant.

It is located close to Gulhane park and is about ten minutes by foot from great sites like the Hagia Sophia, grand bazaar, spice bazaar and Bosphorus.

I could go on, I'd just like to close by saying that this hotel is great. Our family loved our stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We spent three nights here last month at the beginning of a two week trip to Turkey and Greece.The wonderful service started even before we arrived. They contacted us right after we made the reservation. I had to make some changes on the reservation and they were handled very courteously. From the time we were picked up by the hotel transfer from the airport until the time we left, the service was impeccable. Once we arrived, we were given a map and an orientation to Istanbul and the sights with suggestions of where to go. Restaurant recommendations were great. Fatih at the front desk was especially helpful, giving me an Istanbulkart for the trams which saved us some money but, more importantly, was very convenient. As the other reviewers have noted, the hotel is very conveniently located in the Sirkeci district, close to a tram station. The breakfast was very nice. The mezze in the afernoon as well as the evening reception were very welcome, special touches. We ended up going to the Mevlevi Sema (whirling dervish) ceremony as well as the cultural dance at the Hodjapasha Cultural Center very close to the hotel, after it was recommended during the orientation. Great recommendation. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. We did not hear (or at least were not bothered by) the street noise that many of the reviewers mentioned. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but they were very comfortable and we did not spend too much time in them anyway. On the last day of our stay, we were not leaving the hotel until 4 p.m. and, before I could make the request, Fatih volunteered to let us keep one of our two rooms until that time, so we could store our luggage and freshen up before we left. That was very nice. One of the days we were there it was raining and umbrellas appeared at the front door and we were able to borrow them when we went out.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family