“Extraordinary customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neorion Hotel

Save Saved
You added Neorion Hotel to your Saves list
Neorion Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Orhaniye Street No 14 | Sirkeci, Istanbul 34120, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 920 Hotels in Istanbul
“Extraordinary customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed at Neorion three times in the past month, basing myself in Istanbul and touring Turkey and Europe. The staff at this hotel are magnificent. Particular mention for the fabulous Fatih, who made our stay(s). On one stay I had a problem with the bed, the next morning I was moved with no fuss - and a complimentary dinner by way of apology. They have picked me up and dropped me off to and from each airport trip, they have babysat my luggage for weeks, given me small welcome and goodbye gifts, and the owner supplies everyone with his personal mobile number in case you need any assistance, their service ethic knows no bounds. You feel safe and well looked after at this hotel. I'd recommend it to anyone, particularly to traveling Aussies. Thanks Neorion! A very personal way to run your business, much appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I wondered.... After reading all the reviews for the Neorion, could it be that good? Well, it was. My family and I had a great stay. It was all I could have hoped for a small hotel in the old quarter of Istanbul. Everything a traveler needs has been thought through. The hotel sets up a guest website, makes reservations, arranges airport transfers, greets with genuine warmth. The rooms were lovely: relatively large for this section of Istanbul, spotless, comfortable beds. The hotel also has a rooftop deck with remarkable views out over the city. The location is excellent for touring with all the major sites easily walkable. In the end, I can't think of a nicer small hotel in this city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights at Neorion with my wife and another couple. We arrived very late at night at Istanbul airport and the free transport was waiting to whisk us to the hotel. Although it was very early in the morning, the night porter was extremely efficient and had our room keys ready in no time without any forms or credit card swipes. The room, although not massive was fine and we had a small balcony with a restricted view. Our friends had a view of air conditioning units on the adjacent roof.
Breakfast was fine and if you love healthy food such as fruit, honey, seeds, nuts you will be in heaven. In the afternoon there is a meze served from 1pm with no charge and a glass of wine on the terrace although due to windy/rainy weather this was cancelled twice.
Staff could not do enough to help you and make bookings at attractions saving you money in the process. The girls giving tourism advice were brilliant. They were so helpful, pleasant and patient.
Although there is no bar they do provide a bar service at reasonable prices (with the exception of Campari and lemonade which was about £10!.
On the last day the management left a nice little gift on the bed - a very nice touch.
Other good points - very comfy beds, coffee pod machine + kettle, haman in the basement, 10% discount at Imbat restaurant, handy for the sites, brilliant staff., 11% discount for cash
Bad points - a little expensive, not a very nice looking street.
Would I recommend - of course.

Room Tip: Possibly pay for balcony room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights in 8 days, with 2 days in between we went to Ephesus. Ceren, the sale agent was really helpful for our reservation and by the end we were offered with two free airport pickups for the two segments of our visits, of which was really nice. All the staff always meet us with smiling faces. The free terrace drinks; meze buffet (afternoon tea: 12 - 7pm); bottle water and Turkish Delight in room are the merits. We paid the hotel fee with cash to get the 11% off discount and we even got another additional 10% off for the last two days because we are repeat customer!
The amenities in the room are all nice. The air conditioner is very quiet. I think the floor can be better. It is covered with thin engineered wood. There are several long and deep scratch marks on it and the walking noise from the upper floor can be heard sometimes. Also, we were a little bit disappointed for the room we stayed during the first 4 nights on the 6th floor. We were told it was one of the biggest rooms of the hotel and according to the standard in Europe, it is. There is a big window but with no view. It is just opposite to the solid wall of the other building 10 feet away, that means we have really good privacy ;) For the last two nights, we stayed on the first floor with balcony and street view, of which is not very impressive. The view is better on the terrace or some other superior room. We also tried the spa and massage services and really enjoy it. Using the hamam, sauna, swimming pool is free. Of course all are relatively small in sizes. For the hamam, you won’t get the same experience as visiting others like Çemberlitaş Hamamı .

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are in different shapes and sizes. Check if anyting like the view, is of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Wonderful stay in a great location on the Sultanamet. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly and even looked after our friends who were visiting. Our room was large with a nice sitting area where we could overlook the street. The bathroom was modern and clean. Nice touches such as the all afternoon meze. Would definitely stay again when we return to Istanbul

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Owner of the Hotel
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location in old town. Personal service and always willing to help. Upgraded to room on 6th floor with balcony (with view over old city), booked for two nights ended up staying six. Lovely touches, such as complimentary sunset terrace drinks, bottles of water,Turkish delight in room and meze buffet in afternoons. Front of house is exceptional!

• Stayed May 2013
il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed just one night at Neorion Hotel, and the staff was super-friendly.

Maybe I needed to stay more than one night, or maybe I was just expecting more out of a hotel that was rated #1 on Tripadvisor for Istanbul, but I was just a little disappointed by this hotel vs. my expectations going in. Complimentary snacks were good, but just average-tasting, the bed could have been more comfortable, and everything felt just a little crowded. We kind of preferred the Biz Cevahir hotel when it came to the actual rooms.

Still, a good option for Istanbul and a great value for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Neorion Hotel? Share your experiences!