“Great hotel, close to all the major sites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neorion Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Neorion Hotel to your Saves list
Neorion Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Orhaniye Street No 14 | Sirkeci, Istanbul 34120, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 945 Hotels in Istanbul
Denver, Colorado
“Great hotel, close to all the major sites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in March 2013. We booked it based on all of the great reviews we saw on Trip Advisor. The hotel itself was charming and the rooms were exceptionally clean. The rooms are decorated with Turkish décor, so if you are looking for a modern style hotel then I'd go somewhere else. Beds were comfy and the service was great! We walked to all of the major sites and never felt unsafe while walking late in the evening from dinner. The staff also recommended great restaurants nearby, which we all loved. The breakfast is a typical English breakfast and it was served until 10:30am which was nice since we were recovering from some jet lag. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013

Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel worked very well for us. Great location in the heart of old Istanbul so it was easy to walk to the main sites - we had a very quiet room that was clean and comfortable. The staff of the hotel were always helpful and very courteous. Breakfast was good and we enjoyed the afternoon snacks they are available. Rooftop terrace made for a pleasant respite from all the hustle and bustle of Istanbul and offered a great view of the city. If I find myself back in Istanbul this hotel would be my first choice.

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Nice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. It completely fits the photos available, the service is by far one of the best I have ever met while traveling (India, US, France, Italy, Mexico...) and it truly deserves its 1st ranking position.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights and chose this hotel based on the trip advisor ratings. The hotel,itself is actually quite ordinary, the rooms are clean but nothing special and the bathrooms are actually small. The service however is where this hotel shines. We were greeted with welcome drinks as well as a guest services rep giving us info on Istanbul. Our check in was quick and because we were early, our room wasn't quite ready. When we did get into our room there was a welcome Easter gift waiting on the bed which our kids loved. We had room 107 which is very close to the lobby but still quiet. There was no view at all. Beds are comfy and maid service is very good. Breakfast is excellent and included and the afternoon meze is a nice treat. It's available from 1-7pm so no need to buy breakfast or lunch. As mentioned by others, the Turkish bath, spa and pool are very clean And well maintained. We did not try a service but I imagine it would be very good. We used the facilities every night and our kids ages 5&9 years loved it. It was a nice way to end the evening. There are many good restaurants nearby and of course, all the major sights are a 10min walk away. We received gifts on 3 of our 6 nights and one night the maid even made towel animals for the kids which were left on their beds. We purchased Turkish lamps and had them delivered to the hotel and these were brought up to our room. We needed packing tape and the hotel was quick to provide this for us. We were greeted each and every time we came to the hotel and all the staff are amazing. Very friendly and all speak English. They also are there to answer any questions you may have. Shopping tip: if you are seeking to buy Turkish lights, don't buy them in the markets. We crossed over the Ataturk bridge and just to the right as you go over is the "lighting" district where all the locals shop. We got a lovely 7 fixture chandelier plus 2 large table lamps for $380 lira. In the stores we were quoted $450 lira for one light so it is totally worth it to shop on the other side. There is also a great shop on the main road near the Aya Sofya called "Artemis". I had custom shoes made there and the service was great. All in all we enjoyed our visit to this hotel and would recommend it to all. The terrAce offers nice views of the Bosphorous and we purchased wine from the little store across the street to enjoy. Husband and son also got great haircuts from the shop next door to the hotel. Thank you to the staff for making our Turkey vacation wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor if you want a view.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Having a friend recommend a hotel to stay at in Istanbul, my dilemma was that it was booked out…so where to stay. The reviews of Neorion on Trip Advisor were spot on. What a delightful hotel, so convenient to the major attractions. Travelling alone I am always wary of having to catch a lot of taxis, especially back to the hotel after a day of sightseeing. Neorion is perfectly situated to be able to walk and take in the history and culture of this beautiful city.

The staff were welcoming and genuine, the rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfast and afternoon mezze yummy.

Thanks to the all team.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Neorion Spa at the Neorion Hotel is AMAZING! Both my husband and I had the Turkish Bath Massage and Scrub during our visit to Istanbul. Oktay, the masseuse, did a great job! We were shocked that he was able to give an excellent scrub and massage in the heat of the hammam from start to finish. We were both thoroughly relaxed and de-stressed after our treatments. Too bad we had to see the sights of Istanbul, or we would have gladly stayed at the spa for our entire trip! And our children were able to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi while we were being pampered! Amazing service! Amazing staff! Jasmine, the spa receptionist, was very friendly and helpful with explaining the treatments and showing us the spa. We highly recommend this spa. We thought of going to one of the original hammams in Istanbul, but after stopping in one, we found that Neorion had more to offer than any other we had seen and the staff was more professional, friendly and welcoming. Definitely have the scrub and massage or treat yourself to the sultan's massage. You will not be disappointed!! I wish we could go back again!! Many thanks to Oktay - your scrub and massage was definitely a highlight of our visit to Istanbul!

Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We chose the Neorion Hotel because of its excellent location in the historic and bustling Sultanahmet area and because of its high Trip Advisor rating - which in our view is fully warranted. The hotel is very well-presented and well-furnished, with comfortable bedrooms and excellent bathrooms. The small pool and sauna/steamroom are very well-maintained. Breakfast is very good and free snacks are available in the afternoon. But what makes the hotel special is the charm and helpfulness of all its staff.

Warm regards from Istanbul,

Faruk Boyacı

Been to Neorion Hotel? Share your experiences!