“Perfect Istanbul hotel choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neorion Hotel

Save Saved
You added Neorion Hotel to your Saves list
Neorion Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Orhaniye Street No 14 | Sirkeci, Istanbul 34120, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 901 hotels in Istanbul
“Perfect Istanbul hotel choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This spotless new hotel lives up to its well deserved reviews. The staff (especially the front desk men and the manager) bent over backwards at every opportunity to make our stay in Istanbul very enjoyable. They even walked us over to a bus company to assist us in buying bus tickets for Bulgaria. The manager Meric was especially pleasant and helpful, she always went out of her way to brightened up our day at every opportunity. The breafast and afternoon buffets were kept fresh and nice. The lower level pool was spotless and I only wish I had taken a much needed Turkish massage in the spa, perhaps next time.
Bravo Neorion and thank you!
JB

1,741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel was booked on the strength of positive comments on TripAdvisor and happy to say that its not surprising the Neorion had such an abundance of excellent reviews. First of all, the Hotel offers a free taxi service for a 3 night stay to and from the airport which probably saved about £60 in total. On entering the Hotel, the staff welcome you as if your old friends and offer you a complimentary drink of your choice and a brief overview of the Hotel and the city. The hotel itself is in a great location just 300-400 meters away from Ayia Sofia and a similar distance from the Galati bridge, on the terrace roof you get wonderful views of the city and the rooms were comfortable. Also enjoyed the sauna and swimming pool. Aside from the reception failing to provide an early morning call on 2 occasions, there was nothing else negative to say about this lovely hotel and its very hospitable and helpful staff. .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Faruk Boyacı,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We found this hotel on the internet ..photos looked lovely and price was reasonable - but the surprise was the attention by the staff on our jet-lagged arrival. Great location in Sultanhmet ..close to restaurants, the tram line - delightful roof garden from which we could see the arrival of our cruise ship and beautiful sunsets - and even a swimming pool in the lower level ..to ease the aches of long travel. The breakfasts were varied and interesting but the care of the young staff was wonderful ..it made our stay in Istanbul and we would gladly return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Diamond Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Neorion Hotel for 4 nights. From arrival to departure, the Neorion's staff was friendly, professional, competent. They made us feel welcome and glad to be in their hotel. Through the hotel, we arranged transportation from the airport (because we were staying more than 3 nights, transportation was free). Every morning the breakfast buffet had many choices of which the quantity and quality were both good. The breakfast time was quite civilized stretching from 7am to 11am. Our well-designed room, on the 6th floor, was near the back of the hotel and reasonably quiet. The bed was comfortable, the linens luxurious, and the terrace made it possible to see the surrounding view. There is a complimentary meze service spanning from 1pm to 7pm each afternoon. On our behalf the front desk made reservations for restaurants and a walking tour. Upon leaving this oasis, the entire staff lined up to thank us for staying with them. Wow!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th floor have terraces. Rooms in the back of the hotel are probably quieter than thos...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
My dearest guest;

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was a first time visitor to Istanbul and of course looking for a nice hotel near the tourist sites. I used TripAdvisor to filter for possible hotels (to include free wi-fi) and after narrowing my list to 5 hotels, I kept coming back to the Neorion based based on all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor, so I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed in this selection. As most reviewers have stated, they welcome you upon arrival with free drink plus a review of a tourist map. Here they highlighted the different tourist sites and wrote down tips and notes - which I used over my 3 day stay. This was very helpful.

The hotel surroundings could be better as some reviewers had mention and upon first arrival you will probably start thinking if I made the correct choice in hotel. But I found the area not to be an issue and walked around with no concerns. With that being said, the location is not bad. I was able to walk to all the main tourist sites - Sofia Hagia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, and to the different Ferries. Once you get used to the surroundings and streets it was easy to find your way around. There is a tram near the hotel which I used a couple times to go to the end of the line in the new Istanbul area to include the Modern Art Museum.

They have free drink for the Sunset on the Terrace but they days I was there it either rained or was too cloudy. The breakfast was just ok for me nothing special. My room was clean and modern and no issues with the size. I had no issue with noise outside when sleeping. I just made sure the window door was completely closed tight. The free Wi-Fi worked like a charm.

Again the staff was great to include Meric who was very helpful and accommodating throughout my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The location of this hotel in Sultanhmet is perfect to visit the old areas of Istanbul.
The service from all staff in this hotel was excellent.
When we arrived at hotel we were greeted with a drink and information of what to see and do while we were in Istanbul.
There is a roof top bar with a briiliant view over the area not to be missed.Each night night there was a complimentary drink while you watched the sunset over the Mosques.
We utilsed the pool,turkish bath and massage within the hotel which was great after a long day sight seeing.
All in all a perfect hotel with the best service I have ever come across.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,
Parma, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We've been at Neorion Hotel in Istanbul, Sultanahmet district.
I believe that was the best choice we ever made as travellers.
Everithing was perfect, from the people who are running it to the position. Clean, perfectly located, very nice staff always kind and very helpful. If we ever came back to Istanbul (and we will...) I won't look everywhere else but Neorion.

Room Tip: Be sure to show a map to the taxi driver, and tell them the hotel is located in a narrow street betw...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Faruk Boyacı

Been to Neorion Hotel? Share your experiences!