“Great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Neorion Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Neorion Hotel to your Saves list
Neorion Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Orhaniye Street No 14 | Sirkeci, Istanbul 34120, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
Pittsburgh
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderfull 2 night stay here. Everyone was so nice and helpful before and after our arrival. We were a little disappointed in the size of our room and the high tub side made it hard to get in for a shower. Our friends stayed in 601 and it was fabulous. The rooftop terrace provided a great place for drinks at sundown. The breakfast was extensive and delicious. Over all a wonderful place

• Stayed September 2012
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Faruk Boyacı

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

There are so many great reviews for this hotel that you wonder whether the reality will live up to the expectation, but it does and even more!
There's an initial personal emai following your online booking; a welcome drink on arrival together with an explanation of where you are and how to get to where you want to visit and they were happy to book and print tickets each morning on line so we didn't have to queue; modern well appointed rooms with tea/coffee making facilities; comfy beds, great pillows and safe. Close enough to walk to the spice market and Bosphorus for a great evening river trip in the one direction and up to the 'sights' the other way including Topkapi, Blue Mosque and Santa Sophia, and a little further was the main bazaar (huge).
There was a free running mezze from lunchtime to 6pm and a complimentary glass of wine on the roof terrace to watch the sunset. Really nice touches. The pool in the basement was great together with the Turkish Bath marble area. Breakfast buffet was good with chatty daily newsletter. . No restaurant in the hotel but plenty just close by - mix of local and tourist.

There's free wifi and a couple of PCs with WiFi near the breakfast area for general use.
All the staff were lovely; especially Elfan who looked after us so well.
We look forward to returning to the Neorion - probably one of the nicest hotels we've stayed in across the world. Thank you.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have a balcony
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Friendly, professional and very helpful staff make this a hotel that is a pleasure to stay in. The main reason to visit Istanbul - a wonderfully vibrant city - is to see the historical attractions eg., Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and their all within easy walking distance of the Neorion so makes the visit easy as well as enjoyable. Our room was good size with larger than average en-suite, complete with large shower and extremely clean. In-room tea & coffee making is always nice too. The staff gave us a warm welcome and talked us through a City map showing us exact locations of all the main sights including how best to get there. The sun-set complementary drinks on the extensive roof terrace were gratefully received too!

Room Tip: Top two floors; 5th & 6th are better as higher from street, although it is only a side street bu...

Owner of the Hotel
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

A beautifully designed small hotel in a great location in walking distance to all the main tourist sites. We arrived late afternoon and were welcomed with a drink and mezes. Then given a map with an overview of what to do and see. It was also the only hotel in our 3 week trip that confirmed our booking via email with a list of websites attached that related to Istanbul. The rooms were modern and well appointed with an ottoman influence. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were like sleeping on a cloud! The complimentary Turkish delight on the coffee table was a nice touch.
It was also very close to the ferries which can take you to the Asian side, a very cheap way to see the Bosphorous and the sea of Marmara. The breakfast was lovely with a little newsletter each morning providing information on different events and places to eat. The free glass of wine on the roof top terrace is a wonderful way to take photos of the setting sun. If you're staying more than 3 days I recommend the Museum pass which gives you access to quite a few museums and the Hagia Sophia and also lets you jump the queue. This was well worth it for the Hagia Sophia because the queue was about well over 100 metres long at 10am! (It was a Sunday).
Overall the Neorion lived up to the reviewsand the staff were excellent. They even gave us a parting gift. Great experience.

boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed a week in this hotel and the staff, the service, and the cleanliness of the hotel were beyond compare. On my birthday three of the front desk staff came to our room with a beautiful cake, a gift, and singing Happy Birthday. It made my day. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we were satisfied with their service and any of their affiliated restaurants. We would recommend The Neorion to anyone who appreciates a five star hotel at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel and there was no noise at all. Didn't hear the early mor...
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was skeptical about spending this much money on a hotel in Istanbul, since much cheaper accomdations exist. However, after having the pleasure of staying at Neorion, I am so glad we chose this hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms and hotel are very clean and well maintained. Comfortable beds, in-room safe, tv, wifi, nice bathrooms, and more. The turkish bath and pool area in the basement is awesome. The breakfast and afternoon snack are both wonderful. The roof terrace is awesome! A few things to note: the rooms are very small, but this is typical in Istanbul and Europe in general. The free airport transfer was nice, but the driver was difficult to spot. (so are all drivers in Istanbul. look carefully for your driver when you arrive, there are many waiting) I wish the hotel had a full service restaurant and the wine they serve was not very good, but these are small concerns. This didn't really matter though, in this neighorhood there are tons of restaurants to choose from, and you can easily walk places or hop on the tram. I felt the Sirkeci neighborhood was absolutely ideal to stay in. There is a nice blend of tourist and local restaurants to choose from. You can easily walk to many of the big attractions in Istanbul from this location, and many other places are easily accessible by tram or train. If I return to Istanbul, I will likely stay again at Neorion. My only other advice is that you may want to pay a bit more for a room with a balcony. We stayed in one of their most affordable rooms, and we were a bit jealous when seeing the larger room with balcony across the hall. The price difference might be worth it.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I selected this hotel because of the positive Tripadvisor reviews it received, and it managed to surpass all of my expectations. We stayed 5 nights and had airport transfer (much appreciated!). The welcome on arrival (glass of wine, Concierge explaining everything to us, providing maps, etc.) was wonderful. All of the staff are young, enthusiastic and genuinely friendly. The location is brilliant - close to everything including the Tram which is easy to get the hang of. The rest of our stay was fantastic: perfect room, wonderful breakfast buffet, afternoon mezzes, wine on the rooftop each evening watching sunset over the Bosphorus. I had a Turkish bath and massage which I highly recommend. Check out their website for good eating locally ("Eating Around"). We ate at Pasazade and Cafe Mese and both were great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Owner of the Hotel

Been to Neorion Hotel? Share your experiences!