“5 Star Turkish Delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler

You added Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler to your Saves list
Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cengiz Topel Cad. No:39 Etiler, Besiktas, Istanbul 34337, Turkey   |
Ranked #104 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Dublin
“5 Star Turkish Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Le Meriden opened only 12 weeks ago but is already delivering to all 5 stars of expectation. From the wonderful power shower and bathroom to the fantastic bed, the spacious room was simply excellent. I was on a business trip for 2 days of meetings and lunch/dinner. The staff were so helpful and worked to make you feel welcome at all times. The panoramic view from the bar balcony on the 34th floor of the Bosphorus River was stunning. Check out the elevators too - new controls on the outside - super efficient.

Room Tip: I beleive all the rooms are superb.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
LMIstanbul, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler.

It was a great pleasure to read your encouraging comments regarding your stay and that you had a great time with us as well as appreciating our newly opened hotel and our staff. We also believe that the view from BOAZ Bar at 34th floor is one of our great points in the hotel that most of the guests prefer to take a drink at least once they stay with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to meet again in your next visit to Istanbul.

Sincerely Yours

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I DO NOT recommend this hotel for your stay inIstanbul! The customer service of the managment team at this hotel leaves much to be desired! Two pieces of expensive laundry were lost by the hotel laundry service and the management team on site was not helpful at all in resolving the issue. I spoke with several members of management on staff in an attempt to resolve the issue; however, I left the situation feeling as if I were the one at fault for the lost garments.

My expectations of resolving customer related issues were higher given the reputation of Le Meridien within the Starwood Brand of hotels. Save yourself some time and money and select a hotel closer to the main attractions within Istanbul.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
LMIstanbul, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler.

No doubt we feel very sad to read comments like this, specially as many staffmembers were involved in the resolution. We very much regret that you had the feeling that no one cared after all the encounters.

Please be rest assured that the team is dedicated to ensure guest satisfaction and we hope that we can proof this to you as well in the future.

Sincerely Yours
Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

What an amazing stay in this brand new hotel! Just finished up three night stay and it is now my go to Istanbul Hotel. Staff was superb! It took a few minutes for the cab drivers to find it because it is so new, but they did and it was so convienent to the second bridge for my business meetings. Wireless I locked down a little too tightly ( I was prevented from accessing NY Daily News and other basic sites and I had to repeatedly log in, but super minor compared to the superb accommodations. The view from the rooftop bar of the Bosphorus and Asian side was awesome.

Stayed April 2012
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. While some might criticize it's location, it's actually very convenient to a number of things in Istanbul. The central business district is just a short taxi ride away and it is very close to the trendy restaurants in Bebek and Etelier. And it's right on the edge of Europe just across the bridge (that you can see from the hotel) to the Asia side of Istanbul. The other benefit is that being near to the highway, it's actually convenient to get to the airport. You don't have to wind your way through local streets to get to the airport.

My experience with the staff, the facilities and the food was outstanding. It's a very unique, modern hotel and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay in March and you had a memorable time with us as well as appreciating our newly opened hotel, our valuable staff, food and facilities of the hotel. Our location is indeed ideal for moving around whether you come for business or leisure purposes and we believe that your kind reccommendations are really important for tripadvisor followers.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are sure we will meet again very soon.

With Kind Regards
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at Le Meridien istanbul for 2 days and it was all marvellous.. The perfect service started when i arrived, they knew my name! More than that there was a spanish speaking receptionist waiting for me and even asked me if i preferred speaking spanish. I was given perfect information about the hotel then the city then i went to my room and it was great. The hotel is a bit far away the center but close to the Bosphorus area which is the best part of the city. I had dinner at the restaurant and it was really delicious, too. Overall i strongly recommend Le Meridien istanbul for everybody and i would like to thank to all proffesional staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a see view room
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay and that you had a most enjoyable time with us as well as appreciating our valuable staff. I have shared your comments with the team also. We are happy to hear that you had a chance to discover the neighbourhood of the hotel as well as Bosphorus.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Spent couple of days there for business until I switched for the week-end for the W Hotel which is more in the center.
Let me get it straight, the entire experience at Le Meriden Etiler was, BY FAR, above the one at the W Hotel (why on earth this Le Meriden is SPG 5 while W Hotel is SPG 6, this should definitely be the opposite !!). OK it os not in the historical part of the city but few minutes away by Taxi, it worth it. I regret I changed for the week-end.
The Hotel is brand new and designed in a nice contemporary/modern style.
The rooms are stylish, very well equipped and the view is just amazing (and I did not have a Bosphorus view), I was at the 22nd floor. I'm recommending to ask for the highest floor as possible.
Access to the Spa, fitness center (latest techno) and the indoor swimming pool was included in the price of the room and I definitely recommend trying it, it is above standards ! Treatments are a little pricy but i've never seen any lower prices anywhere (except maybe in Thailand)
The restaurant is also another great experience for a reasonable price (I'm from Paris where I would have pay 70% more for the same quality) :
1/the breakfast buffet is very high level (and I can tell you that I can compare it with many many others...including the poor one I experienced at the W Hotel Istanbul)
2/The menu for dinner is huge and everything seemed tasty. I went there two times and did not regret it at all (very good memories of their reinterpretation of turkish delights as hot starter)
A bit annoying, though, to have to answer every 10 min if everything is OK.

Don't leave that hotel without visiting the 34st floor and the view from the terrace where you'll definitely want to FaceTime/Skype your friends/family :)

Globally, each time I had to ask for something, I had my request met in time.

Two bemols :
-> wireless access to the internet requires to get a code on a paper voucher (even in the public area where it is free) which is a little bit old school AND, even though I was not charged for it at the end, the catalog price is a surrealistic 19 EUR/day
-> The hotel was not completely finished at the time I was there. Pay attention to this if you intend to sleep late during the week unless you like being woken up by hammering and drilling. I've been told they'll officially open on May 12

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding to Explore Spa and Fitness, food, view from BOAZ Bar at 34th floor and design of the hotel. I would like to inform you kindly about the internet connection system, this paper system will be switched to an online system in few weeks and we believe this will be more comfortable for all of our guests. Please accept our sincere apologies about the construction noise, which is a temporary issue and limited to the daytime between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. The hotel is almost ready only a few little touch ups in some areas are necessary to finalize the building.

I have shared your comments with the team. Once again, thank you for posting your kind comments and for choosing to stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We chose this hotel for our trip to Istanbul from March 27th till 4th April. The Trip was paid through cash and SPG points. A brand new property with the amazing views of the Bosphorous sea. To our surprise the Front Office Manager Ali Kaymak was awaiting in front of the building to receive us. Management upgraded us to a Deleux ocean view room. The Guest relation Manager Elif Aydinligil and her team were attentive and personally called us or visited our room to make sure every thing was alright almost every day. Mr Ozan Guner and Ms Esgee from the concerge service were very prompt in booking our daily tours and transport. The Breakfast was Buffet on the 4th floor resturant very spacious and filled with variety of juices, local fruits, breads and cereals. It was little pricy but will keep you filled for a while. After 3 nights stay we were moved and up gradded to a mini suite. Thanks to the Management. We had few issues regarding the rooms itself. At 1.30AM the fire alarm started sounding, the door to the balcony did not close and the center table was shaking not stable. All the issues were resolved by one phone call to the customer service. I really praize the whole staff and the Management for the efficent and prompt service. I will definetly recommend to any body visiting Istanbul and me and my wife are again planning to travel to turkey in April 2013.

Room Tip: Request for mini suite on 20th floor with Basphorous view to enjoy the passing ships and jammed traf...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear SPG Guest

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay and that you had a great time with us as well as in the city. It was encouraging to learn that you appreciated the level of personal service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with all of them. I was also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast selections of the hotel as well as your Executive Suite.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are sure we will meet again in your next visit to Istanbul.

Yours sincerely

Been to Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler? Share your experiences!