“EXCELLENT, Centrally Located” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aura Apart Hotel

You added Aura Apart Hotel to your Saves list
Aura Apart Hotel
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Sultanahmet Mah. Fenerlikapi Sok. No:17 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #137 of 850 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
CANADA
“EXCELLENT, Centrally Located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

After some extensive searching for a place to stay in Istanbul, which started back in February 2012, we found the Ekim Apartments, correspondence from Saban was excellent. He emailed me October and advised of a location change to Aura Apartment Hotel, but assured of the same quality of lodging, and pictures were email to me. The airport pickup was excellent after 16 hours flying. There in the crowd was a gentleman with our names clearly displayed. The luggage was taken from escorted to the shuttle van. On arrival at Aura Appartment, Saban was there to meet us and the luggage was taken to our apartment.
The apartment building is 10-15 minute walk to the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Arasta Bazaar, Hagia Sofia plus many other places of interest, and the Sultanahmet tram stop and an easy 25 minute walk to the Galata Bridge, which we did on numerous occasions. The neighborhood with very friendly Turkish people wanting to stop and ask which country you came from. It's an interesting mix. It's like living on a quiet street in a busy neighborhood: everything is conveniently close by without interrupting the calm, residential life.
The trains and call to prayer happen multiple times daily, but are not constant, but it took us no time at all to get used to the sounds, but it was one way to get an early morning wakeup. The apartment is very clean and new, with a kitchen with all cooking needs there. The apartment also had a balcony that overlooked the railway line and the Marmara Sea. Breakfast is served every morning on the top floor with a lovely view. It is a tasty Turkish breakfast served by a lovely, kind, wonderful woman named Meryman who also the person who clean the rooms and she does a fantastic job.
Wi-Fi was free and reliable throughout our stay. The television had tons of channels.
For our extended stay in Istanbul (40 days) we used the AURA APPART HOTEL as our base, and when we return, we will be coming back here.
Thank you to Saban and all of your staff for making our stay an enjoyable and memorable one.
Greetings from Canada.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel is located very close to the Blue mosque (approx 5 min by foot). I stayed with my girlfriend in a standard double room.
The transportation from airport to hotel was included in the stay cost. (only for the arrival)
The room was very clean, and with all the necessary accessories:
- Satellite TV, with a lot of international channel;
- refrigerator;
- high speed WIFI connection (free);
- safety deposit box.

The only drawback is the presence of a very small wardrobe.

The bathroom was very clean and modern.

The breakfast was adequate,

The personnel was very kind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was very curious about this apartment because my friends were talking about this apartment and the other one (Ekim Apartment) after their short trip to Istanbul. They said that it is the best apartment ever with great hosts. So, I followed my curiosity and went there for it was my chance to visit Istanbul.

The owner of the apartments, Mr. Saban Olcer is really a great companion and host. His hospitality is really great like my Filipino friends here. Sometimes I watched him while serving the other guests and he looks very happy to fill their contentments. The other staffs are like him, too. They are pleased whenever they see their customers' happy and contented with their service. They are really great, patient, helpful and hospitable to their guests.

The apartment is really awesome. From the floorings to the ceilings, from the interior design to the furnitures---- it is a "whoa" to me. It is the best inspiration for architectures or interior designers like me. (Credits to them. :))

The services, the views etc. are amazing. The train stuff did not affect my overall stay there. I think that train part is one of the things I missed the most including the staffs, the host and the apartment. (Or should I just say, "I missed that place and the host' company?")

If anybody plans or wants to visit Istanbul, I will highly recommend Mr. Olcer's apartments. They are really great and awesome. I'm sure you'll never regret staying there. And I guarantee that you'll miss that place when your stay is over. :(

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

So I was actually trying to book a room at a partner property, and when I inquired about availability the owner helpfully sent me photos and descriptions of all the rooms available across 3 properties (Ekim, Aura, Turquoise). He was incredibly helpful and flexible with my requests for information. We stayed for a total of 4 nights with Aura Apart.

The apartment building is 10-15 minute walk to the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Arasta Bazaar, Hagia Sofia, and the Sultanahmet tram stop. However, to get to these places you have to walk up a bit of a hill. It's nothing worse than climbing a few flights of stairs (as though you were taking the stairs to the 3rd floor or 4th floor of an apartment building), but if you plan on carrying luggage up the hill (for example, to get to the tram stop) it is a bit of a hike. It is a bit of a working class neighborhood, with small children playing on the side streets and laundry hanging out to dry (I ended up doing the same thing with my own laundry). However, it is also a busy and active neighborhood with tour buses coming through the main street every day and restaurants and shops and other small hotels all over the place. It's an interesting mix. It's like living on a quiet street in a busy neighborhood: everything is conveniently close by without interrupting the calm, residential life.

The owner will arrange for an airport transfer upon request. Although there was a mis-booking with the room I originally requested, the owner was able to put us in another room with a sea view (3rd floor) and a small terrace (with clothesline). It was a bright, sunny room with southern exposure; it was large enough for us and very clean. Soap and shampoo are provided, as are a hot plate, mini fridge, microwave, electric water kettle, and other assorted kitchenware. The owner was kind enough to bring up a second bed for the room and it was actually the most comfortable thing I slept on throughout my entire 12 days in Turkey. If I lived in Istanbul, this would be the kind of efficiency apartment I'd want.

As others have said, there is a train that runs right behind the building and it is very close to a few mosques. The trains and call to prayer happen multiple times daily, but are not constant. I'm a relatively sensitive sleeper and it took me one day to get used to the sounds, but after that I was fine and slept through the night (with the aid of some earplugs).

Breakfast is served every morning on the top floor with a lovely view of the sea. It is a tasty Turkish breakfast served by a lovely, kind, warm and wonderful woman of whom I cannot say enough great things. I believe she is also the person who clean the rooms and she does a fantastic job.

As others have mentioned, it's a spiral staircase to get up and down. The owner is very helpful with getting the luggage up and down the staircase if necessary. He was also very thoughtful and helpful with giving directions and holding our bags in the office in between checkout and flight departure.

Wifi was free and reliable throughout our stay. The small television had tons of channels.

It felt like home away from home, and I would definitely stay again. Just make sure you know how to get back to the hotel as it can be difficult to find in the dark (eventually every restaurant looks like every other restaurant, and every little büfe looks like every other little büfe).

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, tell the owner this information when you book. Specifically ask if h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Everything about the place is great, its super clean with great hosts. The 2 down sides were the noise in iur room since we were at the first floor and anyone opening and closing the hotel door was 2 meters away from us. And the other problem was the street connecting to sultan ahmet was a steep uphill and i was with my parents so it was quite tiring for them.

Room Tip: Rooms in the ground floor are very noisynso avoid.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our most memorable place in our life..everything was perfect,did not expect a great hospitality with affordable price like Aura apartment. The owners and staff will surely make your stay possible and memorable. From clean Apartment, rooms,breakfast, anything you need inside the room,were great.We'll love to go back soon

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The structure is well located in the heart of Sultanahmet within walking distance of the best places to visit in Istanbul. Our room had plenty of space even with two extra beds, and was equipped with a kitchen and a modern bathroom. All very clean. The breakfast was plentiful with excellent typical products, memorable the yogurt, but there was also seasonal fruit and vegetables in abundance. Mr Suleyman and all staff have been with us and our two kids very helpful and kind. Greetings from Antonella, Guglielmo, Chaira and Silvia

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aura Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!