“Expectations......exceeded” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The House Hotel Bosphorus

You added The House Hotel Bosphorus to your Saves list
The House Hotel Bosphorus
4.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Salhane Sokak No 1 | Ortakoy, Istanbul 34347, Turkey   |
Ranked #51 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Expectations......exceeded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Staying at this most excellent hotel this weekend. An absolutely stunning location right on the banks of the Bosphorus providing easy access into all the tourist hotspots but at the same time away from the main tourist highway and throbbing with all the Istanbulus glitterati. The hotel staff here could not be better; attentive, yet discrete, solicitous without being obsequious, giving this charming boutique an air of quiet sophistication and understated luxury. Our room, the penthouse, is delightfully appointed and the decor very much enhancing the beautiful old building. Must-dos for any stay; breakfast overlooking the Bosphorus, the House Cafe at brunch and then again for cheeky cocktails. When venturing out into the city be sure to get helpful insider tips from the wonderful reception team.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Katie B,

Thank you indeed for taking the time to share your thoughts about The House Hotel Bosphorus.

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time here, many thanks for your sincere and beautiful feedback. Your comments are appreciated my team and I, especially the Reception team who indeed are adamant about providing our guests with the best insider recommendations.

We hope to welcome you again to Bosphorus.

Warm regards to London,

bahar.karaca@thehousehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
Firenze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been staying at the house hotel bosphorus during my last visit in istanbul. My previous experiences had been at four seasons, ciragan and ritz carlton for sure superior categories and important references in the field but this small hotel in front of the ortakoy mosquee is a nice way to enjoy the city.
I have been upgraded to a suite with a breathtaking view during my check in and this is something that you always appreciate.
It is not a luxury destination but from the amenities to the breakfast at the downstairs café is more than a good experience even for travellers very experienced.
An attentive and precise service, a good manager and the location make this hotel a point of reference in town to come back

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear ROTCHKO,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus.

It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your stays with, we appreciate your loyalty. As a seasoned traveler, your feedback is very important to us and so I would like to thank you for your terrific comments and your recognition.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards to Florence,

Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Well I never thought of writing any review about any hotel I stayed in, but I think people should really know that The House Hotel Bosphorus is a really amazing hotel for friends,family, and couples as well !! I felt it was home honestly! The room was great always clean and tidy.. Breakfast was amazing with a view that makes your life longer! The employees are so friendly! Metin..an employee at the hotel never left me he really was a big help ! If I ask about a place or a restaurant he would recomend all the nice places in Istanbul and sometimes he escorted me to some of them in Ortakoy so i won't get lost! So thank you so much and surely there will be a next time :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear GaelleMhanna,

Many thanks for taking the time to share you experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and felt at home, which is exactly what we strive for. Metin is over the moon with your recognition, I thank you on his behalf and rest of the team for your amazing feedback.

We all look forward to seeing you again at our hotel next time you are in Istanbul.

Warm regards to Beirut,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My partner and I were staying in Istanbul for one night with my parents before travelling on to another city in Turkey to get married- needless to say a very special trip. We had been recommended to the House Hotel Bosphorous by a friend. Well, I can hand on heart say that this is the nicest hotel experience that I have ever had. From the moment we stepped foot inside the hotel till the moment we left, the whole experience was wonderful. The rooms, views, style of the hotel, breakfast were all stunning. The service was exceptional (and we work in the service industry, so can be critical) and attention to detail was first class. We cannot wait to return, thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jessica C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback at The House Hotel Bosphorus! Congratulations on your recent marriage, my team and I wish you lots of happiness and all the best.

Coming from a colleague in the service industry, your terrific feedback means a lot to us. Thank you for your recognition and for describing your experience with these wonderful words.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again for you come back to Istanbul.

Warm regards to London,

San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We decided to stay in this amazing hotel at 2013 , but we were able to stay in 2014 ,
It is truly awesome , staff and management is sophisticated , rooms are stylish , you should try to book a room with bosphorus view ,definitely will come back ..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dean H,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Bosphorus.

My team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your lovely words.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to Bosphorus.

Warm regards to San Antonio,

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

It's hard not to only give compliments about this hotel.

We were in a superior suite that not only is much bigger than most suites you would see in hotels but also is decorated with taste down to the last detail.

The service is absolutely incredible. From the doorman to the hotel manager we had genuine smiles from morning to evening and efficient help for anything we wanted.

I do not know if it is custom but we also had a different box of chocolates everyday. I mean it doesn't change my life, but I have to say that the attention always hits the spot.

Breakfast was also delicious with an incredible view on the Bosphorous (ends at 11AM!).

The only negative thing I could eventually say about the hotel is that it is in a neighborhood with many restaurants and clubs, therefore there's alot of noise untill 2/3 AM. At the same time the windows were sound proof, it did not stop us from sleeping if we were in bed before that time.

Last of all, I do not know how are prices in other hotels but this quality/price seems unbeatable!

P.S. I never take the time to write any reviews on hotels, but this one, I had to!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eytan C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus!

It is wonderful to hear you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed the very essence of our service culture. My team and I greatly appreciate your candid feedback and recognition.

Our neighborhood Ortakoy indeed is a noisy area with music until the wee hours, especially on the weekends and most of the time in the Summer. As you also noted, our windows are already soundproof however, after a lengthy process, we finally were able to get approval for further soundproofing. Since our building is a listed landmark, there are strict regulations for any sort of renovation/work. We are hoping this will minimize any sort of inconvenience and discomfit for our sound sensitive guests.

We hope to see you again at our hotel when you return to Istanbul.

Warm regards to Paris,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I visited Istanbul for the first time in Feb 2014 in the midst of winter. After extensive research, we decided to try the House Hotel Bosphorous. It is located in the Ortakoy Square within a lively enclave of cafes, eateries, clubs and shops favoured by locals and tourists. It was the previous home of an architect and has been lovingly restored. It commands a panoramic view of the Bosphorous Straits ( with some rooms having the vantage view). The rooms are well appointed and ours was a bit small but comfortable. The buffet breakfast offered excellent Turkish fare, healthy and good quality and the room looked out to the Bosphorous as well. GM Ms Bahar Karaca introduced herself to us. She was warm and bubbly and gave us wonderful suggestions and tips on what to do in Istanbul. Her warmth made us feel at home in the hotel. The only downside was the noise from the clubs nearby and when we shared that with the GM, she was most receptive to our comments and offered solutions immediately. The service staff was friendly and helpful too. Overall a lovely hotel complemented with a service that is warm , sincere and efficient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MichelleWee33,

Please accept my thanks for taking the time to share you feedback about The House Hotel Bosphorus.

I am extremely happy that you and your husband enjoyed your experience at our hotel and had a terrific first time trip in Istanbul. Your feedback and lovely words are much appreciated by all of us and I thank you for your recognition.

As you also mentioned, our neighborhood Ortakoy, one of the most lively areas in the city, is characteristically always busy and loud with all the nightlife and entertainment. This is why I am always happy to make alternative arrangements for our guests for them to move to our sister hotel in the charming (and much quieter) Nisantasi district.

It will be a pleasure to see you again on your next journey to Istanbul.

Warm regards to Singapore,

bahar.karaca@thehousehotel.com

Been to The House Hotel Bosphorus? Share your experiences!