The location is pretty good and this hotel has some good features, including a peaceful central garden and friendly, helpful staff. We had 5 nights at the beginning of our Turkey trip and a final night at the end.
Our gripe is that we booked a superior balcony room based on an internet photo and the room we were allocated for our five night stay was not to the same standard. It was much smaller, less appealing in decoration and generally disappointing, even though the bed itself was comfortable. Because of a significant birthday, we'd opted to fork out extra money for this property over the property recommended by our travel agent - we wanted something special. Shortly after getting to our room, I spoke to the duty manager and explained that the room was not what we had expected and inquired about the scope to move to a room that was more like the one we had viewed - but the response inferred that our room was consistent with the standard. I was even shown another room (which was no better) to confirm the claim. So we just copped it on the chin and did our best to enjoy Istanbul for the next five days. It was extremely frustrating though to know that we had paid a lot of money for something that we thought would be special - and it certainly wasn't at that point. We compared similarly priced properties and could not help but feel that we had been ripped off.
But the real frustration for us occurred when we returned to Istanbul for the final night at the end of our two weeks in Turkey and we were allocated a room that was entirely consistent with our original expectations. Much more spacious, elegantly decorated and with a much more private bathroom.
It was infuriating because it confirmed that our original concerns from two weeks earlier were legitimate, but were dismissed. The duty manager at that time was not rostered during our final night so it was hard to escalate our frustrations. As we had a five night stay we know that our room could have been reallocated at some point during our stay - we saw the comings and goings of guests and know that it would have been possible to move us after the first or second night of our stay.
We did email the hotel management before posting this review - but, unfortunately, they chose not to respond.
So, in summary, it's not a bad hotel but our advice would be to carefully consider the price of the accommodation given that you cannot rely on the standard of room especially if you are looking at the photos on the website.
- Also Known As:
- Rose Garden Suites Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Rose Garden Suites Istanbul Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- . The Rose Garden Suites have only 15 luxury rooms with a unique design of Turkish architecture. The hotel is located just a few steps from the world wide famous Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and Grand Covered Bazaar. The hotel gets its name because of the roses in the garden. There is a wide range of roses that have been collected from all around Turkey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Rose Garden Suites Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.