“Day trip to Ephesus from Istanbul” 4 of 5 stars
Review of All Istanbul Tours - Day Tours

All Istanbul Tours - Day Tours
Istanbul Cad. Muhasebeci Sokak. No:3/3 3rd Floor | Bakirkoy, Istanbul 34122 , Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)
+90 535 722 0175
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #203 of 380 activities in Istanbul
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Professional Tour Operators working within Turkey over the last 10 years to arrange the travel and touring needs of customers wanting to experience the historical treasures and the wonderful natural landscapes of Turkey. We work to make amazing holidays possible for you and your travel groups customized for your travel needs. OneNation Travel Agency is a licensed travel agency and an accredited member of the Turkey Travel Association (TURSAB).Favorite destinations: The areas within Turkey such as Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Antalya, Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Fetiye etc are of particular travel significance and are excellent travel destinations. The web All Istanbul Tours can be browsed for any combination of travel needs and vacation package tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage
Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
“Day trip to Ephesus from Istanbul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We used OneNation Travel (All Istanbul Tours) for a day trip from Istanbul to Ephesus and back. This was arranged prior to our trip while still in the U.S.. The internet communication was timely and clear. We felt comfortable paying on-line prior to the trip.

OneNation did a great job logistically arranging for all the transportation from our hotel, to Ephesus and back, without missing a beat. We had a great guide,who spoke excellent english, and really brought the story of the Ephesus area to life. He explained why this area is holy to both Christians and Muslims as well as why the city was abandoned over time.

We hit every spot on our itinerary (Tmeple of Artemis, Ephesus, Ephesus Museum, and the House of the Virgin Mary) except for the Isabey Mosque. Instead of the Mosque, for our last stop, we were taken to a traditional rug-making facility where we were shown how silk was produced and rugs made. Then we were brought into a "warm room" where we were pitched to in order to buy rugs.

At first, the pitch seemed like we were going to experience something similar to a hard sell at a time-share, but it ended up being a soft sell. Irregardless, I appreciated being shown how rugs were made, but did not like the bait-and-switch tactic used to get us there. I still would have rather visited the mosque. And I'm not sure if OneNation Travel knew about this since they contract out to different, local tour groups.

Other travelers (from different tour groups) that we ran into on our way back had a worse experience where they were taken to a rug making facility as well as a leather shop where they put on a fashion show and were being prodded to buy. Hardly the experience you want to have at the end of your trip.

I'd recommend checking with your travel group about these "end of trip" experiences and have them make other arrangments if your not interested.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“What an experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Firstly I would like to thank One Nation Travel for the professional and outstanding service during our visit to Turkey, I can recommend them without any hesitation to manage your travel arrangements.

Our travel itenary went according to plan, with professional tour guides and airport transfers on time.

Our schedule included Cappadocia, Kusadasi and Istanbul visiting all the major tourist attractions.

I was fasinated with the rich history and culture.

Lakeville, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Bosphorus Dinner Cruise from OneNation Travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We were in Istanbul for a port call recently. We wanted something different for a tour, not just a standard dinner show. So we booked the Bosphorus Dinner Cruise. Great decision! We had such a fun evening! Dinner was great--they grilled the chicken and beef right on the back of the boat. The open bar was generous. And the entertainment was terrific. The Belly dancer had each of the men up individually to dance with her, which made for a great video. And all of us were up dancing before the cruise was over. The transportation that OneNation provided was prompt and friendly. All in all we would highly recommend this tour!!

UK
“Really good value for money and a great introduction to Istanbul.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We did two of their tours, the city and the Bosphorous and two continents. The first one was excellent, as a result of the guide. The other was fine but the guide wasn't as good. The company was very well organised with a great deal of logistics sorted smoothly, all very efficient. But all in all it was a good price, and a good introduction to Istanbul.

Visited March 2011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
8 attraction reviews
“I had 10 days tour over Turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

It was my first time in Turkey and I was little scared and this company was picked by me by chance.And I was lucky ! I did not regret. My tour was interesting and English speaking guides were helpful. I really recommend this tour agency and I hope to use their service again.