We booked a private day tour with this company and a private day trip to Cappadocia on a separate day.
Private Day Tour: We were disappointed in the lack of planning and email support leading up to our day tour (communication significantly dropped off the moment we made our deposit via paypal -subsequent communication was like pulling teeth). No itinerary was ever made. Thankfully, I had done some research on things we wanted to see and the guide who showed up was able to quickly put together a plan for our day. He spoke perfect English and was very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall this day was great, but for the price I expected more planning and customer service leading up to the tour. I don't know where to place blame for the lack of planning but it was apparent.
Private Day Trip to Cappadocia (including a short flight): Let me start by saying that despite paying in full, we ultimately decided to cancel our private day trip due to poor planning and communication between us and this company. I accepted partial responsibility for our decision to cancel the trip (I regret not being more assertive during the planning process). I did not request a refund; what I did ask was that he reflect on his poor communication and planning of this trip, and his response was, I quote “Get over it.” Not the best customer service. Though this may be a unique circumstances it is a testament to how they handle complaints from customers which should be a red flag.
Improvements that should be considered before I would recommend:
1) For private day trips & day tours, get to know customer and from there build and supply an itinerary before the day of the tour.
2) Provide customer with a list of items that are required for the day (i.e. passport, mosque clothing, swim wear etc.), meeting locations and times, names of guides and their contact info.
3) If the person answering emails is not the guide, provide all communication with customer to the guide prior to excursion.
4) For any flight, confirm flight times and options before booking flight on customer’s behalf. (an approximate time was supplied, but never confirmed before booking took place).
5) Communication (planning and customer service) is the common theme here and definitely needs improvement.
Day Tour: Average - 3/5
Cancelled Day Trip: Terrible - 1/5
Overall Experience: Poor - 2/5
If you own or manage Turkey Tours by Local Guides, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.