“Istanbul Eats Culinary Walks A MUST!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 543 Activities in Istanbul
Type: Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: When it comes to exploring a city’s authentic dining scene, while the stomach should ideally serve as the best compass, the truth of the matter is that it’s hard to find your way without good local advice. That’s where Culinary Backstreets’ Culinary Walks come in. In order to help you explore the world’s gastro-capitals and get off these cities’ eaten path, CB is offering (with selected partners) guided culinary walks in some of the cities we cover, starting with Istanbul, Athens, Barcelona, and Shanghai.Our culinary walks are designed to lead visitors on an eating binge through a city’s lesser-seen historic side streets and authentic markets, taking in countless hard-to-find culinary gems and, in between bites, a select number of untouristed monuments.
New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“Istanbul Eats Culinary Walks A MUST!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Took the 5 1/2 hour "Culinary Secrets of the Old City" walk with Megan and I highly recommend the tour!! Not only do you get a chance to sample some great and delicious food, but you also get an education about Turkish culture and where and from whom to buy souvenirs! If you are going to spend some time in Istanbul, make sure to include this tour in your itinerary!

• Greek first
bullwinkle55
“Amazing eats in Instanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

One of the highlights of our trip with Angelis. Never ate so much food in my life. Came back for the wraps on another day too. it was a great way to get to know the street food and culture of Beyoglu district. I'd love to do another tour next time.

Hong Kong
“One of my trip highlights!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Super friendly and energetic tour guides take you around back alleyways and show you where locals eat. Lovely way to learn about and see the city and you will definitely be very full afterwards. I did the Asia, Old City, and Beyoglu tours. Angelis and Megan were great guides!

Durham, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I scheduled our food tour for the 2nd day of our trip to Istanbul, and it was a fantastic way to become quickly familiar with the streets (and food) of Beyoglu. It was a long day that passed far too quickly. Angelis is a fun and very thoughtful guide; he introduced us to delicious food, and also introduced us to the complex and textured culture of Istanbul. I would recommend doing the tour early in your trip.

Visited June 2012
Canada
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Yum... I thoroughly enjoyed the Cosmopolitan Beyoglu walk earlier this week. Angelis, our guide, made it wonderful - he was engaging, energetic, knowledgeable and passionate about his topics, and we could tell he had good relationships with the restaurant and shop owners. We ate delicious food and interesting food that I would never have found (and, in some cases, even tried) on my own, and we learned about history and areas of city in the process. I think we stopped at 11 or 12 shops and restaurants. I was happy for a copy of the book Istanbul Eats to try more of the recommendations during the rest of my stay in Istanbul. I just wish I'd been able to do this tour at the beginning of my visit, and time to do the rest of the Istanbul Eats tours. Highly recommend!