“Not worth it!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Taksim Premier Suites

You added Taksim Premier Suites to your Saves list
Taksim Premier Suites
Gumussuyu Mah. Kazanci Yokusu No : 11, Istanbul 34437, Turkey (Formerly Beyoglu Suites) (New City / Taksim)   |
Ranked #178 of 850 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Athens, Greece
“Not worth it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel early march 2013. Booked double suite for 5 days. Service is terrible. Appartment cleaned once in 5 days, bed sheets not changed, and had to use same bathrooms towls. They only changed them once after having to go down to shout at the reception kid which was drunk! Even the garbage had to throw away by ourselves. Located on very steep road which is hard to get up to the main road. Wifi was either very slow, or not working. Bad service for a 190 euros/night. Do not recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and I really enjoyed the service and the way I was looked after,
The staff and magement and staff where very friendly I would go back again next year
It's close to attractions and shops
Overall it's very well rated

• Stayed March 2013
Aogashima-mura, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My stay at beyoglu suites was during a journey with 3 of my friends for the Euroleague Final Four Basketball 2012 which was based in Istanbul. Taksim Square is one of the most known Squares in Istanbul so it was really easy to get in a walking distance from the Suites. Once being in a overcrowded Taksim Square .. you just walk downwards from a small street and youre there! Imagine or not , quiet ,harmonic place near a city central point! it was really nice having such a place to stay .. a fantastic trip that also concluded our Team Olympiakos winning the trophy!! so lets add the friendly environment as well as the easy access . Thanks Beyoglu Suites for making me taste my fantastic trip .. with a comfort of excellence

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to say I am surprised at the 4.5 stars given for this accommodation. Normally I use trip advisor and reviews are spot on, but not in this case.
I requested a transfer from the airport when I booked but got no acknowledgement that I would be picked up. I therefore had to telephone booking.com that had to confirm this with the reception and e-mail me conformation.
I decided to book an apartment rather than a hotel as I thought I would get more privacy and wanted more space. When I arrived I was given the basement flat. The receptionist had trouble opening the door and said you just have to fiddle about with the key to gain access. Once in the flat it was clear it most not much bigger than a normal hotel room. There was your own back yard with a small table and two chairs but this was covered over with a roof and there was a large wall behind, so you got no sunshine. There is a safe in the wardrobe but it’s not bolted to anything so if your flat is burgled it is easy for them just to take the whole safe (it’s not very heavy). The shower was only half covered by a pane of glass that meant water flooded part of the bathroom floor. It would have been easier to cover the whole shower and this problem would have not happened. The flat however did seem quite clean but I will deal with that later. The key was a continuous problem, trying to gain access meant playing around with the key to the door opened.
The next problem was that it was impossible to get Wi-Fi, which I needed, and is supposed to be free in each flat. The television remote control also didn’t work. I explained this to a new receptionist in the morning and he said it was the wrong remote control, and fair enough the new one worked. For the Wi-Fi he said he would have to speak to the customer (I think he meant customer service)! That night the Wi-Fi still did not work so I went to see him again, he said he would have to change us to a ground floor flat the next day when it was vacant and to see him next day at 10am. The next day he was not there at 10am but another receptionist but she couldn’t speak any English. Luckily my friend speaks Turkish and was told the other receptionist would be around at 12pm. He was and told us we could move flats at 2pm, so we had to wait around most of this day.
The next flat was more spacious a separate living room and bedroom. There was the smallest balcony ever at the back which could hold one person and again you looked onto a large wall. The door to the balcony would not lock so when we went out we had to leave this unlocked. There was a large cupboard in the bedroom for storage which contained blankets but the cupboard smelt really bad. Wi-Fi was fine in this flat.
Over the eight days we stayed here the flat was cleaned twice, and one of these was the day before we left, and that was only because we asked the cleaner to do it. The shower had the same problem as the other flat and also flooded part of the bathroom floor. There is no mop so when this happens you can only put bath towels down. Problem is you have to keep these as you don’t get them daily, only when the room is cleaned. There is also no sweeping brush to keep the flat clean. On one occasion I had to remove the rubbish in the flat as it was building up, so I took it to a large waste container on the street. On the first occasion the room was cleaned one of the new bath towels had a blood stain on it.
Due to all the above it is hard to say the flat is worth £640 for eight nights. Reception will sort out your problem but you might have to speak Turkish and you have to push them to do anything. Once I asked the girl receptionist for the entrance pin number for the main door and she tried to give me tea bags. She did get what I wanted eventually! Cleaning of the flat is almost non-existent.
The plus side is you get your privacy and the flat is very near the main shopping street, but there is a big hill to climb daily.
Next time in Istanbul it’s a hotel room for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

This place took a little bit of time to find, the first time round, but once we got there, the welcome was great. We arrived early, so the flat was still being cleaned, but we were offered another flat to stay in for the half hour it took to finish. Once inside, everything was perfect. We stayed in the duplex on the top floor, which is spacious, modern and clean. The beds are comfortable, and the balconies great. And the two spacious bathrooms were great for 4 girls! The staff were very helpful, with directions and ordering taxis when we needed them. The location is good, in the modern centre, with plenty to do and see nearby, and easy access to public transport for everywhere else.
The aparthotel is down quite a steep sideroad, so a bit of fitness is needed. The good thing is that means it's quiet at night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The apartment was veryyy clean. They offer you free tea, coffee and sugar. Excellent Location and very well furnished. The staff is very helpful. The problem is the street is very steep but it takes you 3 minutes maximum. Its very close to Istiklal and all kinds of transportation. Definitely stay there!
Oh and supermarket right next to apartment, very good

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed here one night in early October. Had some difficulties finding the place as we arrived at night during a rainstorm. Service was minimal, were worried no one would let us in when we rang the bell. Someone did, showed us to our room, and that was the last we saw of the staff. Location is a short, but steep uphill climb to Taksim square. Room was clean, modern, and rather spacious. Only problem was that we had a room on the bottom floor, and for whatever reason, couldn't get the free wi-fi. Would recommend for young adults & couples looking to go out in the Taksim district, as we could hear people come & go through the halls throughout the night. Not a major distraction, could probably sleep through if we weren't so jet-lagged. Overall had a pleasant stay at Beyoglu Suites.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Taksim Premier Suites? Share your experiences!