“AN ISTANBUL GEM !!” 5 of 5 stars

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

LOCATION

-excellent location-only 10 minutes drive from the airport
-shuttle pick-up driver waiting
-hotel in great area of Yesilkoy-a small seaside community with many shops, banks and restaurants in easy walking distance
-an affluent district

-rooms modernised
-extremely comfortable bed
-very hot water
-strong wifi signal throughout
-David-very helpful manager-plentiful local & city advice

GENERAL COMMENT

-an excellent choice for one night
-also, a great base for a longer business or leisure trip
-transport infrastructure to the city centre very good
-use the airport shuttle provided by the hotel-eliminates the hassle of bargaining with an airport taxi which may work out more expensive-an airport taxi at a big international airport is always after a big fare. The hotel shuttle is very local and friendly

Room Tip: If solo traveller-a double room for single occupancy best choice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Matlock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Chose this hotel because it was cheap and close to the airport.
1) Taxi cost 15 lira from and to airport (Ataturk)
2) The dolmus straight to Taksim is only a few blocks away (5 lira, everyone said would take more than an hour but only took me a little more than 30 minutes)
3) My room (Room 5) had a view of the water.
4) The guys at the desk were very helpful (just don't expect them to speak much english)
5) You could drop this hotel in New Orleans (and I love New Orleans)
Only thing that could be a problem is that you can hear everything that goes on in the hotel (wasn't a problem during my stay because it is quiet at night).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mequon, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

What a disappointing way to spend our last night in Istanbul. First, the taxi driver had a very difficult time locating this hotel from Ataturk airport. (We were arriving from Izmir). The building is very interesting from the outside but very run down and dirty on the inside. The room was cheaply decorated, if at all and the breakfast was meager with eggs, bread and jam and butter in individual little plastic containers. Worse was the owner, who was very smug and offered us bad advice as to where to eat and spend our time. I must say, I liked the location-a short walk to the water. There were numerous, great fish restaurants along the water front where I would highly recommend to eat, regardles of what the owner says. This was not a pleasnat way to spend our last night of vacation!

Room Tip: No good room to choose.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am not going te repeat other reviews. A lot of things do not correspond to what has been promised at their website.
Another thing we find disappointing as well: The Managers of the hotel have promised they're going to take us from the airport because our plane arrived at about midnight. We were ready to pay for this service and we have stated this clearly.
Finally no one was waiting for us and even worse, when we have called the hotel the receptionist was able to say only "English - NO" on the phone.
The room was very small, with NO windows.
The only good thing about it is the cute district and the closeness to the sea.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have stayed in a triple room at Yesilkoy airport boutique Hotel.
CONS:
The ROOM. First of all, the garden room has nothing close to a real garden. Most of all, it has no windows to outside so no fresh air ever. Bathroom has no windows as well and the smell, I swear it has to be toxic! It was horrible. I had to hold my breath when using it! I have never seen anything like it, anywhere in the world and I travel a lot. Back to what they call a 'garden'. It is really a hallway with a few plants, no windows; your room window is towards this 'garden'.
It is really a cheap, dirty and smelly place.
We got there at 11AM and we were offered a small room or a bigger room. For the bigger one we had to wait until 1.30PM. We couldn't wait so we got the small one. Indeed small!
Breakfast (starts at 7am) was an omlet and some cucumbers, bread and cream cheese, butter and jam and tea or coffee. No choice whatsoever. Same plate for everyone; you can be allergic to something...it does not matter for them.
Then, the noise...You can hear EVERYTHING. People talked loud in the hallway and since your window leads to the hallway... Doors were constantly slammed (by other guests i guess). Really really bad.
LOCATION. Don't be fooled (by the map) that you are on the beach! You have to walk 10 minutes to the beach because even though the hotel is on the first street from the beach, there is no access to it. It is true, 10 minutes away there are lot of terraces and some stores- the 'center'.
It takes about 10-15 minutes to get to hotel from the airport. Have the hotel name and number for the taxi driver so he can get directions directly from the hotel owner. Otherwise you'll never get there.

I've paid $143 for one night, Definitely not worth it. I would NEVER recommend it!

PROS: Internet worked ok. Owner spoke English.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Addison, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked here because I needed to be close to the airport for an early morning international departure. Having arrived on a late night domestic flight, I literally had no daylight hours in which to enjoy this hotel which is a pity since it is located in an old mansion in a lively residential district, perfect for my tastes. I suspect that had I had time to linger over a long Turkish breakfast which was available, but not until after I had checked out, I would feel a lot better about this place. My main complaint is that it was exceedingly difficult to find, especially at night, and even though they provided a print out of instructions in Turkish with my reservation to give to the taxi driver at the airport, my driver went around and around trying to figure out how to locate it. This is one case where I probably would have been better off spending the bucks for a modern airport hotel. In this instance, I got little sleep, had little time to enjoy the facilities, and missed breakfast entirely. Not the right choice for this trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I loved this hotel. After staying in a cookie cutter "nice and modern" place earlier in our time in Istanbul, and later, a newer but tattered and tasteless seaside hotel, this was such a refreshing retreat. Nope, it's not new and yes, its décor is rather eclectic. But, the staff was outstanding and the rooms had a charm that is rare to find these days. The AC was the best we found during our entire stay, the bathrooms had been modernized, the beds were comfy, the breakfast was pleasant, and the neighborhood was great for both roaming and finding nice little eating spots. The owner went out of his way to arrange transport to airport for us (at a fair rate, with super service), and helped us orient to the neighborhood. The person who carried our luggage was outstanding, even helping with our daughter who became ill during the trip. I love places where I feel like I become part of the household and the neighborhood while I'm there...this hotel did that and more. And by the way, if you are interested in the history of needle art, be sure to check out the wonderful needlework hung at the top of the stair flight that leads up from the front desk. I would happily hang my hat at the Yesilkoy as our home base next trip to Istanbul and points beyond.

Room Tip: We stayed in a large room that looked out on the street, with balcony. It was a great location, and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Yesilkoy Airport Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!