“The best Turkey has to offer!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City of Sultans Day Tours

City of Sultans Day Tours
Barbaros Bulvari Dortyuzlucesme Sokak | Gunes Apt. No:2 Kat:5, Besiktas, Istanbul, Turkey
+90 212 327 2393+90 212 327 2393
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$75*
and up
Ranked #103 of 543 Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Our services includes, private tours, combined tours, gulet and yatching tours, incentive tours, congress and meetings, city sightseeing tours all around Turkey and Greece
Vancouver , BC
6 attraction reviews
“The best Turkey has to offer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Where do I begin... We booked our flights in June of 2012 for our trip in May of 2013. Then I started researching for a tour company that could offer us what we wanted for a small group tour for about 10 days. I came upon COS (City of Sultans) and decided based on all the wonderful reviews that we would get what we wanted from them. We had 2 days on our own in Istanbul when we transferred over to the tour hotel. The hotel was lovely and in a great location ( the Aprilis Hotel) , staff were excellent, good simple fare for breakfast. Our guide Eren Bolek picked us up and took us about for the 2 days of scheduled sites. He is a lovely fellow who is very knowledgable about the historical places we visited. If he chats about a hamam he goes to, go, run as fast as you can there with him. It is lovely!

After our 2 days here we were flown off to Kayseri to make our way to the Cappadocia area. We were to stay at the Peri Tower Hotel but there was a change and we stayed at the Dedeman Hotel instead. I will say it was mediocre at best and upon speaking with COS they were apologetic and rectified the situation as best they could. Cappadocia was a highlight of the trip at this point and our guide Bayrum was very pleasant and well informed. We also experienced some transport issues but City of Sultans upgraded us to a private driver/guide for the rest of tour . Now at this point we were a little concerned that there were too many changes and although all the challenges had been met with speedily resolve we hoped for the rest of the tour to be uneventful.
This was not to be, on our departure from Cappadocia we were driving towards Konya when a car ran a stop sign and we were involved in a very bad car accident. This accident was not our drivers fault. I sustained scrapes bruises and whiplash while sister suffered a lateral fractured sternum , broken ribs and bruising .So this is where COS and their staff sprang into action. We had 2 staff from the City of Sultans Cappadocia office drive 2 hours to Konya from Nevsehir to be in attendance at the hospital since our guide Esra was injured as well. These 2 reps stayed with us in emergency until well after we were admitted . You would now think we would then be left but not forgotten , you would expect some contact, phone calls etc, offers to help here and there. This too was not to be. The COS Istanbul office dispatched Charlie to us. He arrived at 10 at night without even a toothbrush. He took over, sent me off to a very lovely hotel nearby while he stayed on a chair in my sisters room for the night. This allowed me some recupe time for my injuries. My sister spent 3 nights , 4 days in hospital and the routine never varied, for me that is. I did the day shifts and Charlie did the nights but he also did all the running around during the day for tests, translating, getting international SIM cards and only ate when he could, the list is endless.

Finally after 4 days we were cleared to leave and Charlie was able to get us a flight to Istanbul. Charlie returned with us. They arranged for us to stay a the Aprilis Hotel again and it was perfect. We had 4 days left to regroup and rest before we would catch our flight home. This too was not to be, the insurance company required further medical reports for the airline in order to allow us to travel. Once again COS stepped up, Charlie picked us up in a lovely vehicle and drove us to a hospital, we were met there by Ozgur Ates, the Managing Director for MTI of which COS is a subsidiary. These 2 stayed with us, took care of translating and made sure we got the care and attention and well as the paperwork required to proceed onto a flight home. They returned us to our hotel and they stayed for the results, Faxed and scanned them off to the insurance company. They have organized another trip to hospital for our day of departure to get a required injection that is needed for my sister to fly and are taking us to the airport and making sure everything goes smoothly for us. They and the company has made sure we have had nothing to worry about at all except the expected concerns for our health.

Now, was this the holiday we planned, No way! Would we have wanted anyone else in our corner through out this ordeal , Not a chance! We could not have anticipated the extent , expense and care and attention that City of Sultans have done for us. We were treated like royalty and experienced a truly unbelievable act of kindness . We were made to feel that we were family and treated as such .

This is quite a lengthy review, more like a story but it needed to be told. IF you are wondering if City of Sultans is the tour company for you then do not fear, the tours are great but when it got tough because life threw us a curve ball then they were there and that is something you can't decide by a price tag or by whats on an itinerary. And as a final note to Charlie, you were a treasure, always accommodating, never a grumble. you made it all happen and we could never had done it all without you. you are AWESOME ! Final words to all "travel safe out there!"

Visited May 2013

Imary, Japan
“We had great time in Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am a traveller and this was my first time visit to Istanbul with my collegues. We have chosen City Of Sultans by an advise of my mother-in-law who has used City of sultans services in Istanbul last year. First of all I advise you to request Eren Bolek as your tour guide. He cares about all your requests and answers all your questions about the city, history and he always helpful to tell you where to eat, shop and have fun in your free times. All of my friends were happy about vehicles used while transfers and tours. Qinn hotel is close to Sultanahmet area. It's a well-located boutique hotel.

Visited April 2013
cityofsultans, Guest Relations Manager at City of Sultans Day Tours, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Cenker, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to serve you in Turkey. We are looking forward to see you and your collegues in Turkey again.
Nashville
“Wonderful experience with "City of Sultans"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our experience with our tour guide, Eren Bolek, and the team at the "City of Sultans" was extraordinary. We were a group of 18 young professionals representing the "World Affairs Council" in Houston. We booked a three day tour including transfers to and from the airport. The primary purpose of our trip was learn about the history and culture of Turkey as well as current world affairs issues. Eren Bolek was fun, engaging, and well versed in the cultural and heritage of Turkey. Eren was able to give us a truly authentic experience and was very candid in offering useful advice that would steer us away from the tourist traps, etc. Eren provided captivating stories about both the historical and modern day Turkey that went beyond the typical information found in a travel guidebook. It seems that everyone in Istanbul knows Eren. We had another tour guide also accompany our group named "Didem". She was also very kind and helpful. Both Eren and Didem stayed with us beyond the time they were "hired" to ensure that our needs were completely satisfied. The drivers were also very friendly and talented at navigating the narrow streets. The team at "City of Sultans" treated us like family. It was a truly personalized experience.

Porter Ranch, CA
“Two days in Istanbul with Eren Bolek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were on a family trip of 10 adults / 7 children and had prearranged a private tour of Istanbul through a US-based travel coordinator. Eren Bolek from City of Sultans was our guide for the two days and he was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and explained the sites from all perspectives: historic, political, religious. Eren was able to have our group navigate through long lines and gave the best advice regarding places to eat and where to get the best deals when shopping at the Spice Market. Since we were not completely time-restricted and not part of a cruise shore excursion, we were able to lengthen or shorten our duration at the various places. Eren and the driver did a very excellent job in getting us close to where we needed to be (we had 2 strollers to deal with) and back to our cruise ship in time. This was our first visit to Istanbul and I would definitely return for a visit and keep in touch with Eren for some tips.

Rogers, Arkansas
8 attraction reviews
“Great Company, Eren is amazing and Istanbul is Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a great company from what I can tell. I took a day tour with Eren and he was amazing showing me all of the old town and highlighting all the best sights. We did not have to wait in any lines as he was very well connected. On the 2nd day, apparently City of Sultans let another company host me as Eren was not well. It was She Tours and they were very disorganized with poor servies and non-engaged guides. I HIGHLY recommend Eren and City of Sultans, however confirm if they will utilize She Tours for any of the services and say NO to that part... Thanks