“Best hostel I've ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cheers Hostel

and 1 more site!
You added Cheers Hostel to your Saves list
Cheers Hostel
Alemdar Mah. Zeynep Sultan Cami Sok. No:21 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #11 of 933 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Best hostel I've ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

A welcome like you were coming home and an atmosphere as easy going as Sunday morning put Cheers in a league of their own! Great staff, rooms, rates, breakfast and location mean you can't go wrong! The roof terrace is fantastic for a good night in too! ;-)

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My friend and I stayed in Cheers for a week when we first arrived in Turkey. Cheers has an awesome friendly vibe with a cool rooftop bar. Breakfast was a full traditional Turkish, which is awesome for about the first week... :D
Tarrik (sorry mate, I know that's not how to spell it) as well as the rest of the staff at Cheers were good friends to have during our stay, with all the local info and a cup of çay at breaky.
We were more than happy to return there a month later for another night as we transferred through Istanbul.

Room Tip: By swimming pool, I mean beer on tap. By fitness centre, I mean beer on tap.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I chose Cheers because of the good reviews I saw on trip advisor. The owner knew my name when I walked in, bedroom / bathroom were very clean and the staff helped me find a good agent nearby to arrange travels during my stay.

The atmosphere is very relaxing with a bar on the top floor overlooking the Hagia Sofia. I felt very much at home during my short stay.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights. My first hostel - and had a blast. Clean, friendly and helpful staff. Onur the owner is an absolute legend. People in the streets all know him and he even took me and my girlfriend out for lunch on her birthday to help us settle in on our first day in Istanbul. Helped us arrange travel after Istanbul as well. I would recommend this place to anyone of all ages. Thanks Onur and the staff at Cheers, we love you. From Jordan and Rebecca.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at cheers hostel. The service was exceptional, staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The rooms are spacious, homely and above all, clean. The guests staying at the hostel are also a lot of fun, every night we would have a few drinks at the upstairs terrace bar (which also boats some breathtaking views across Istanbul). There are hundreds of cheap yet delicious local restaurants around the hostel but if you want something more special, there are also some spectacular Panasonic restaurant bars nearby.

I would definitely stay at cheers hostel again and would encourage anyone to book a room there.

• Stayed August 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Everything about this hostel is perfect ! The location is central and we were able to walk to many of the must see sights of istanbul and the breakfast was a good way to start off our busy days. Tarik, the manager of the hostel is amazing, he goes above and beyond to make sure you have everything you need. One of the girls I was traveling with had a broken foot at the time and Tarik offered and organised our room to be changed to the bottom floor as soon as he noticed. He also arranged for a travel agent to come down to the hostel to sit with us and help us book the rest of our travel arrangements through Turkey. He truly made our stay in Istanbul, we received such amazing serve from him and he is what makes this hostel the place to stay in Istanbul. We stayed in private rooms and they were really nice, spacious and so clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The rooms were clean, air conditioned, really nice and comfortable. Staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful, made bookings for us and even emailed to say have a safe flight. Breakfast was included and the best I've ever had in a hostel. Location was perfect, a quiet street but right in the middle of town. The icing on the cake though was the bar on the top floor with a chillout area at one end and beautiful views over the mosque at the other. We had a great party up there with one of the staff, Ilhan, an absolute legend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cheers Hostel? Share your experiences!