“The best location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hettie Hotel

You added Hettie Hotel to your Saves list
Hettie Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kemankes Mah. Rihtim Cad. No:8 Karakoy, Istanbul 34425, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #183 of 980 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
“The best location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent location, close to the Galata-bridge. Lively, but not noisy, surroundings (at least, that's my experience).
Fantastic views towards Topkapi peninsula. Several simple but nice restaurants with outdoor terraces in front of the hotel, and also very convenient (we travelled with a hired car): a guarded parking lot on the pedestrian street in front of the hotel (about € 5 per day).
Next time in Istanbul, this will be my hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hotel has a very unique location that has a view of golden horn, and historical Istanbul. Rooms are beautifully decorated and fairly clean. Do not expect a highly rate of service which is not needed in the first place as this hotel is mostly suitable
for young-adult couples who would like to explore the city for couple of days.

• Stayed August 2013
Makkah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Perfect staff, perfect services and very clean and comfort, good location with excellent sea view - easy access via taxi to the main areas of interest. Good breakfasts and free WiFi.Quick Check in-Checkout service

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

very clean room & very friendly staff , close from everything, but a little bit noisy from station

I like it , i hope come back again to this hotel.. but i hope hotel management review the cost.
because, there are no gym and swim pool and no kids play area

Room Tip: see view best room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The best views in town from the rooms and from the roof top bar for the breakfast.
Breakfast OK. Some rooms with toilette small.
Just near the Bosphorus. You can see Santa Sophia and Asia in from of from your room.
From the higher levels the noise of the ferrys were not a problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was a little hesitant booking this hotel initially as there were few reviews for it. But I loved the idea of being located just on the water of Karakoy and went for it. I stayed four nights in a superior room on the first floor overlooking the Bosphorous. While the beds and pillows were not too comfortable, the views and location were brilliant. The shower was a little electronic cube which offered different water pressure shower heads for rainwater over the head to a seated shower with heads for your back. No doubt quite useful for all the walking you would do in Istanbul.

They offered a daily buffet breakfast that was served by the sweetest lady who came out with daily specials of cakes and sweets that I found hard to resist. Fathi whom I dealt with for my booking and met while I was there was friendly and welcoming.

Book it for its superb location and to be next to the water. But don't if you want a superb bed to sleep on.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors if you want a superior room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I've had the pleasure of visiting Istanbul twice and I can't wait to return again. I did a lot of research into the second trip since I was getting to decide myself where we would stay. I am so very glad that I chose Hotel Hettie because I can't imagine staying anywhere else now. I have never met such an obliging and caring hotel staff anywhere! They went far above and beyond their call of duty. There's not space to explain how great they were. In short, I lost my wallet containing my passport, on the very first evening. If it hadn't been for the excellent hotel manager and head receptionist, it could have been a very unhappy trip. But they did everything they could to help me try to find it, taking me to the police station, more than once, making several calls for me, helping me visit places I'd been and filing reports for me. Honestly, I can't put into words how impressed I am with them. I felt like I were staying with close friends.

The room had plenty of space and the shower was great. The breakfast was a traditional turkish variety and I say that with delight. Fresh figs, dried figs, different cheese, and the olives alone I would go for! The view from the breakfast room (sitting by the window) was perfect. But then again, so is their location. I chose this hotel because of it's ideal location for getting around on foot and it was exactly what I was hoping for. Because of the extreme kindness and thoughtfulness of the manager and staff, I was able to turn what could have been a regretful trip into a most unforgettable and positive one. I will be back to visit my friends at Hotel Hettie and definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hettie Hotel? Share your experiences!