“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Suites

You added Millennium Suites to your Saves list
Millennium Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cankurtaran Mahallesi | Akbiyik Cad. No:42 Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Offers & Announcements
Please visit our website
Ranked #7 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
London
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have just sadly returned from a five night stay at the hotel. Alper and his team were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. I never want to stay in a faceless hotel again as the team here made us feel so welcome. We were greeted with welcome drinks and lots of information about how to find everything. The team were always on hand to help out and point us in the right direction. Breakfast was amazing and everything was well prepared and excellently presented.

We chose a room overlooking the street on the third floor. There have been some comments about noise previously and yes, you can hear the street but this was part of our enjoyment. It was nice to be able to watch street life and wake up to the call to prayer from the Blue Mosque.

There is nothing that we didn't like about this hotel and will definitely return again. I can't recommend it highly enough but part of me doesn't want to - just to make sure that there is a room free for us when we come back!

Thank you Alper and all of the team. You truly made our trip to Istanbul that extra bit special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Millennium S, Manager at Millennium Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing the Millennium Suites for your visit to Istanbul. I appreciate you sharing your experience.It has been well received and shared with all working here.

I am very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and I am glad to know that your next time in the old city, we will again be your home away from home.
Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium Suites.Sending our greetings to anyone who is a part of your life.

Directing manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

When you find yourself raving about a hotel as one of the major highlights of your trip.....and you know you can't say enough good things.....well it was amazing!! Alper and his team took special care of us....apple tea and cakes on linen/china upon arrival, surprise wine in the room, free mini bar, arranged for private car to and from airport, free wifi, and soaps as a going away gift. The food was fabulous and the other guests I met all felt equally thrilled with all the extra touches. It quickly became our "Istanbul Home" and we loved every minute of it!! Lovely neighborhood and walking distance to all the main sites....staying here you will be immersed in the true Istanbul ambiance. Enjoy!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Millennium S, Owner at Millennium Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing the Millennium Suites for your visit to Istanbul. I appreciate you sharing your experience.It has been very well received and shared with all working here.

Sending our greetings to anyone who is a part of your life.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of November and we wish we'd stayed longer. This hotel is small, 7 rooms I think, but everything about it is fantastic! We arrived by taxi in a heavy rainstorm and Alper greeted us at the taxi doors with umbrellas so that we stayed dry. Once inside we were given a welcome drink and lots of extremely useful information about Istanbul and the local area. We were then shown to our room which was on the second floor at the back of the hotel. The room was spacious, quiet, clean and very well appointed with everything that you need for a very relaxing stay. After happy a solid nights sleep we were able to enjoy a very sumptuous buffet style breakfast with the choice of whatever style of egg that you wanted.......I recommend the omelettes, they were fab!

The hotel location is perfect, in walking times it's 5 minutes from Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque and 15 mins from Grand Bazaar but also the street itself contains several nice bars and restaurants so you don't have to walk far at night if you don't want to and you feel very safe!

So in summary Millennium Suites offers very good service and is in a very good location......Alper we really do hope to come back one day, we loved our stay and didn't want to leave!

As a final example of how kind and caring these people are we were given gifts on leaving for our unborn baby (wife was 22 weeks pregnant). This was a really lovely gesture, something that you only get in a place like Millennium Suites!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Millennium S, Manager at Millennium Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear valued guest,
We can not thank you enough for taking time to post such a good feedback .We are delighted to receive your comments.

I am very proud and excited to work in a great hotel and with great ladies and gentlemen.I will pass on your thanks to each and every one of the team .

I wish all the best to you and your angel who is going to join you soon

Regards,

Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Truly exceptional experience. The location is amazing (tons withing walking distance, you can hear the call to prayer from the Blue Mosque, lots of restaurants). The staff was incredible (I have never felt so welcomed at any hotel). Greeted like family and treated like royalty (served complimentary pastry and tea on our balcony when we arrived, free mini bar, super breakfast, etc.). Rooms were beautiful.

Room Tip: Room 201 has a private patio area built over the old city wall, that is where I will stay when I go...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our location,our boutique guest room ,the servise that we have to provide and hope you enjoyed your visit in the city.As so many reviewers have mentioned, we very much enjoy providing a memorable stay for our guests.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Why go to an impersonal hotel when you can be valued at this little gem. The staff want you to feel comfortable, they are keen for you to enjoy Istanbul and especially their hotel. The information they gave us helped to make the most of a very short stay. The location was excellent for walking to all the major sites. We will be back soon to enjoy Istanbul and especially the warm welcome received.

Room Tip: All rooms are large, comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my great team ensured you were taken care of. I hope you can visit us again soon. As always I have passed on your kind words to the team.
Kind regards,
Managing Partner
Tbilisi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

You almost want to write a bad review to just break up the monotony of previous reviews of "Excellent", "Outstanding", etc. Even if someone put a gun to my head, I would not be able to write a negative comment about Millenium Suites. The service is that good and I have been living abroad and travelling for the last 30 years. The two main positives are location and staff. There is literally nothing that the staff, as lead by Alper, would not do for you. Outstanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Millennium S, Owner at Millennium Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. I was so happy that you,your wife and kids enjoyed your stays with us.

It is the fantastic team that I am lucky to have here that make Millennium Suites a very special place to work and for our guests to stay in. I have passed on your very kind words to them and I hope thay we will have the chance to meet your expectations again in the very near future.
My kindest regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a short trip to Istanbul and found it a cosy nicely located hotel. The staff is very friendly and the room is of good size, clean and comfortable though not really a suite. The most important aspect for me for a short trip is location. It is located on a street with restaurants and shops and is within close walking distance to the historic site of Istanbul making everything very convenient. The Sultanameth area is the best area to stay in Istanbul for tour.

Room Tip: Maybe an upper floor room with a window could be good but there is no lift, you may have to walk up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Directing manager

Been to Millennium Suites? Share your experiences!