“good service, good location, no free wifi” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #186 of 945 Hotels in Istanbul
“good service, good location, no free wifi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

They have very good service, we can ask anything and the staffs are really nice and were willing to help, the location is perfect, can walk to the attractions in 15-20 min, the room is clean and air condition worked well, love the experience, about the wifi, there's no free wifi but we got it for free for 1 night as a gift, so it was quite nice

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

mert_albututanan, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, August 4, 2014

DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed 4 days in the HDT in early July. Hotel is ok and as you would expect from a HDT and in a good location. Rooms are spacious and well appointed with all you would expect.
The roof terrace is nice for a pre-meal drink but view a little limited, food and drinks are a little expensive and charge you in Euros but then convert to Lira ! confusing !!

The one thing that struck me was how unhappy the staff were with the exception of the guys in the roof terrace, all the people seems really down and unhappy especially the reception guys ! .. to really higlight this the lady who runs the little necklace , bangles, earrings shop just outside the door could not be more lovely and accommodating , one night when going out she was having some food and offered us some just in passing along with a cheery hello and smile ( this lady should be employed to do some training for the HDT )
Due to last point i would not return to this hotel, which is a shame as we spend a lot of time in Istanbul.... HDT you need to up your game !

Room Tip: go to Starbuck for free wifi... joke you have to pay these days !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

We appreciate your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback which I have already shared with the team and I will follow up personally. Apologies for any expectation that we may have failed to fulfill.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and appreciate your valuable opinions.

I look forward to welcoming you soon and try to show you our improvement.

Union City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was on a business trip and took a layover in Istanbul for a couple of days for siteseeing. First of all, the location of this hotel can't be matched because it is in the walking distance of all the popular attractions in the old town. Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque are less than half a mile and Topkapi Palace is about a mile. Anyway, as I soon as I checked in, they served me warm cookies which was a nice gesture. A few minutes later they sent some nuts (turkish tradition I guess), which was again, nice. The hotel amenities are all amazing and given the location, it was even better. The breakfast buffet was good, not extraordinary, but that was fine by me because I ate the local cuisine for the most part and wasn't particularly fascinated by the continental fare they serve.

The biggest accolade I can give them is about how they handled my iPhone situation. You see, I took a cab in front of the hotel to go to the airport and forgot my phone when I was getting down. While I tried to reach the cabbie by calling my phone repeatedly, he didn't respond and I have all but given up any hope of seeing it ever again. As a last ditch attempt, I contacted the hotel staff and told them about the cab I picked up in front of the hotel. Lo and behold, a couple of hours later the hotel calls me and tells me that they have the phone in their possession and they can send it to me. They send me quotes from both FedEx and DHL. I asked them to ship to my US home which they promptly did. By the time I got back home, my phone was home safe and fully charged. Now, that's what you call great service.

TL;DR: Great hotel. In the heart of old town. Go stay there. Pricey, but what the heck. Quality has a price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town.

We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We would like to thank you for the favorable comments concerning our facilities and staff, as well as the location.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel is in a great location for tourism - using the tram is easy and right out the front door. After two weeks of ok accommodations, it was just a lovely splurge to stay at this luxurious place. Every interaction with staff at this hotel was fabulous - friendly, helpful and accurate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments after your recent visit on Trip Advisor.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree for 3 nts. We were greeted outside by a very polite young man. Check in was easy, gave us cookies and green apples. Room temperature was perfect, and beds were fantastic. No noise from outside, did not even hear the call for prayer. After spending the day walking and visiting the sites a good shower is very much appreciated and their shower did not dissapoint. Hotel and room were clean. There is a business center with pcs where you can go online, and it is free. No free wifi for regular guests. Laleli tram stop is accross the street. Grand bazaar is a short walk away. You can walk to other sites too. Cannot comment on their food since we never ate there. There are a few small restaurants nearby and a Burger King :). Check out around 5am. Check out was fast and the agent called us a taxi that came inmediately. They took us to the taxi and gave driver info. Taxi fare was 55tl and it took about 20 minutes.

Stayed July 2014

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The location is fantastic--just down the street from the Grand Bazaar and about a mile from the main sites in the center of the old town (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, etc.). There is also a tram stop right outside the front door on the main line that connects the big tourist sites if you'd rather not walk. The rooms were somewhat basic, but very clean and modern and incredibly sound-insulated--we barely heard any noise from the street and didn't hear a peep from our neighbors or the hallway. The value you get for your money (especially compared to other similar hotels in Istanbul) makes this hotel hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Apart from the hotel not having a pool...everything else was perfect. ..The breakfast is fab and the staff are super friendly...also the cookies are super tasty....i would definetely stay there if I visited again.....

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town? Share your experiences!