We stayed here for 2 nights room #243. Our experience with this hotel started with a greeting from the hotel doorman who noticed our arrival and took us to the receptionist. One plus point. Then served by a friendly receptionist. One plus point again. Not enough, they gave us 2 warmed yummy chip cookies (even though it's only a marketing strategy, but it works on us) = good impression so far. The room also provided with a kettle to make your own tea or coffee! Finally there is a European hotel that came to their senses. Many hotel in Europe don't provide this!!! Thank you Doubletree for this!
Bathroom is equipped with Evelyn & Crabtree toiletries, fancy hey? The slippers are in the room already without have to ask the receptionist in some hotels! Room service is great, and don't forget to order chocolate cake that shown in the picture on the menu. I'm addicted to it. So yummmyyyy!!!
Now the downside, the bed is too soft and the pillows are too heavy. I'm not sure if it's an old bed or if it is just the type of the mattress. It sink when you are lying down. We are not a big fan of this bed. But we couldn't be bother to ask for a room change as we are just there for 2 nights & maybe all the beds are the same in that hotel. I won't recommend this hotel to people with back problem.
Location is near tourist attraction or if you are sick of walking, you can take a tram just outside the hotel. Pay 3 lira for a single trip.
We also tried the roof top restaurant. Food was ok. But I was disappointed that I can't use the 15% voucher for the bill that I received when I checked in because I forgot to bring it when we had our lunch there, even though I asked the bill to be charged to our room. However, it's not a big deal. The price is reasonable.
The room is quite. We had no problem. No wifi in the room. We could use the internet for free at business centre. Also free printer for your boarding pass. Handy! However, I'm not sure if I like not having free wifi at this century but it was good to be free from virtual world sometimes.
We highly recommend to all people (except those with back problem) to stay in this hotel when they visit Istanbul. And we highly recommend Doubletree to invest on more comfortable bed and pillow! We enjoyed our stay! Thank you!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Istanbul - Old Town Hotel Istanbul
- Doubletree By Hilton Istanbul - Old Town Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore nearby museums and Istanbul attractions from the DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul – Old Town hotel. Located in Istanbul's central historical district, this Istanbul hotel is just 20 minutes east of Ataturk International Airport and a five minute walk from Istanbul's famous Grand Bazaar. Thoughtfully designed to blend into the Old City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.