“Great Location.....Normal Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of City Center Hotel

You added City Center Hotel to your Saves list
City Center Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Katip Mustafa Celebi Mah. Billurcu Sok. No:1 Cihangir, Beyoglu, Istanbul 34421, Turkey   |
Ranked #784 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
“Great Location.....Normal Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is located in a very nice vicinity, with Istiklal Street just 1 minute walk & Taksim Square 2 minutes walk away. BUT I think that all istanbul hotel stars are not really worth as they have.For this hotel i think you have to expect 3star BUT everything was good.Servis,Breakfast,Cleaning and all the things was acceptable.If you are are easy on choice i say it is not bad choice

Room Tip: Stay at toppest floor
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Iran
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

The location was very good&nice,really near to ISTAHLAL STREET & taksim square &near the resturents& club &the Breakfast buffet very excellent& Various types of cheese&good staff(Specially VOKKAN & AHMET)& view from the rooftop is really wonderful
BUT services is very poor(Specially cleaning) & the carpet very dirty & spot& there is no tissue at the room & no Trash bin & Disordered

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

This hotel is located in a very nice vicinity, with Istiklal Street just 1 minute walk & Taksim Square 2 minutes walk away. Aswell you have lot of stores for daily requirements and restaurants just a minute walk away. Location is simply perfect. About the hotel & it's staff. They are really helpful and good. We checked in late night at 3 am & they were very welcoming, although there was some doubt about the number of persons the room was booked for, myself had booked for 2 persons 1 room, anyways until morning they gave us single room and in the morning after checking there system and confirming they shifted us to a double room which was much bigger. The rooms are clean and well maintained as well the washrooms are clean. The breakfast buffet is ok. The spread for breakfast buffet is done very stingy, even though the place is full of people the spread is such that they are unable to serve even half there guests & the rest eat egg's or whatever remaining. The view from the rooftop is really refreshing. One should not neglect this hotel cause of the breakfast buffet as this is not the criteria. All in all a nice family hotel.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Famagusta, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

This was an absolute nightmare. We booked in for three days two nights. Was recommended by the travel agents (got a few things to tell her!)
Location was nice but not worth staying too close to the main high street of taksim. The nights were extremely noisy and the double glazed window did not meet let alone close to lock! We not only heard the crowded noise, taxis disrespectful car horns all hours of the morning but it got cold at night from the draft. Oh and there was a nasty smell now and again that I really could work out where it came from.
The hotel rooms were surprisedly bigger then I had expected. We stayed on the seventh floor rooms. Tv had only two channels available to watch. Mini bar had two cans of coke opened and half empty left in there to greet us! The bathroom looked nice but there was head hair ........ hair stuck to the floor as the cleaners didn't Hoover to the floors just mopped with a dirty mop and left it. The shower clogged and flooded the floor on our second morning, so we had to use all our towels on the floor! They didn't get changed on my last day as they must have assumed I was going to leave without!
The last night was there was a birthday party up in its own Resturant that was very inconsiderate to all the other guest that had retired to their rooms by 8pm like us! Loud music, dancing is expected at a party but I don't know why on earth the ladies were scream???? Mattresses are NOT memory foam as stated on the web site! Carpets are filthy! Furniture have NOT been wiped since fitting.
Breakfast was a disappointment dispite it's beautiful view. Soup was cold! Cheese were sour and the waiters were very miserable!!!
The only nice thing about this hotel was the last guys on reception. They were very helpful on keeping our luggage safe till we parted the hotel to fly home.
Would Never return and I Do not recommend this to any friends,family or TripAdviser members.

Stayed September 2014
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

i travel for a business trip in Istanbul for a 5 days , i stay at city center hotel from 1st of Aug 2014 till 6th of Aug 2014 , my room its 105 , after the check in the room i find below :
1- the carpet very dirty 2 - bad smell from the bathroom ,3- there is no tissue at the room , 4- ketchup at the wall under the TV , the HK remove on 3rd night ,
the hotel very bad and the staff didn't speak English and not helpful , .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Mississauga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

My stay was from September 5th till the 12th. Location is nice and close to Taksim Square and a very busy area if that's what you like. It wasn't particularly clean. Carpet was full of stains everywhere. I don't think they clean the rooms properly as whenever I left the room and came back, whatever was on the floor was still therer and I'm talking about vacuuming here. Some rooms were very small. In my bathroom, I could be touching the toilet if i'm using the sink. Rooms being small is not a problem if the hotel was clean and service was good. When I first arrived, they wanted to put me in a certain room but the employee was surprised to find it occupied. He then put me in another room and told me they will transfer me to the other room the next day. When they asked me the next day if I wanted to change rooms, I told them that I wanted to only if it's a better one. He told me it's a better room but it turned out to be the same room but much smaller so I didn't really get what was better about that. I complained but didn't expect them to do anything since I didn't want to keep on changing rooms and because no one spoke English well enough to discuss the issue. Breakfast was 'meh'. Overall, I don't recommend this hotel unless you're on a budget and like the location (it's not that cheap by the way) and all you care about is a shower and a bed at the end of the day.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
istanbul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have been to 2-3 star hotels all over europe....nothing compares to the filth of this "4 star" hotel.

it is not value for money or anything....it just ruined istanbul for me and my family.

the breakfast buffet which comes free with the stay is horrible and non appetising. there are mosquitos all over the food.

Dont come here....

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!