“Great service and value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kosk Restaurant

Kosk Restaurant
Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. Adliye Sok. No 9/A | Sultanahmet Fatih, Istanbul 34400, Turkey
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #231 of 11,047 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great service and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Had breakfast and launch at the Kosk restaurant near Haghia Sophia in Istanbul on Saturday, June 26. The omlette for breakfast was fantastic. Lunch was lamb chops, again great. Service was attentive but low pressure; unlike other restaurants in this tourist haven. When I passed by in the evening, the host invited me in for a free cup of tea, but I ate dinner elsewhere just for a change...mistake. The Fish House restaurant was your typical high pressure tourist trap, luring you in with a sign board with what looks like good prices; then finding all sorts of ways to jack up your bill. When I didn't play ball, they treated me poorly. I returned to the Kosk afterwards for a glass of wine and Baklava for dessert to ensure my day in Sultanahmet ended with a good taste. I was greeted back with a smile and a "welcome my friend."

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Clemmons, North Carolina
“This place is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I kept going back to this restaurant because the food is truly excellent and the staff is the friendliest of any place I visited in Istanbul. I especially enjoyed the lamb kabob and the bread (which they bake themselves and serve with every meal).
This restaurant was one of the reasons I hated to lweave Istanbul - a week just wasn't enough!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
koskrestaurantcafe, Manager at Kosk Restaurant, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

We like to thank you for your gorgeous and pride full review for our Kosk Restaurant, it made us unbelievable happy reading such a great review here on Tripadvisor. Thank for sharing through the web site with all over the world.
Hope to serve in the closest time here at your favor restaurant.

In Behalf of Kosk Restaurant Team

Engin EZGIN
Sao Paulo, SP
“excellent food, very CLEAN kıtchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

People are very kınd, and you start as a customer & become a frıend.
I ate lamb casseroule, turkısh pızza ( Kuşbaşılı Pıde), Frıed lamb (Saç Kavuma), soup (Gunun Çorbası).
I strongly recommend!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Fab place hidden on a back street. Food excellent with really good service and great value for money. We ate their twice and would go back again

Seoul, South Korea
“my favorite restaurant in istanbul, turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

i like this place.
'cause waiters are very friendly. foods are excellent.
and atmosphere was very good.
testi kebap is like a fire. ^^