“Absolutely love the hotel, just a small comment on my last stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Au Pera

You added Hotel Au Pera to your Saves list
Hotel Au Pera
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Mesrutiyet Cad.No:97 Tepebasi | Beyoglu, Istanbul 34430, Turkey   |
Announcement
LARGEST DELUXE ROOMS
Ranked #218 of 829 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Beirut, Lebanon
“Absolutely love the hotel, just a small comment on my last stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed in the hotel three times already and I love it! Location is great. The hotel is an old house completely restructured. Rooms are comfortable and very well furnished. Bathrooms have amazing showers!!! Staff is friendly and tries to be helpful. A small comment on my last stay in January is that the room I stayed in had not been cleaned for a while and it was starting to show some signs of aging. It is not really a complaint but an advice to keep up the quality of the hotel which is a very good find and has great value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
GamzeBilgi, Manager at Hotel Au Pera, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at the Hotel Au Pera whilst staying us. We do appreciate your positive feedback as it motivates us to continue to improve our standard of service at all times.
Your comment has been shared with our management and crew accordingly, and we are looking forward to Welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Roseville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I just returned from 5 nights at Hotel Au Pera in Istanbul. I would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend it to friends. It was very comfortable and centrally located.

Pros:
- Location- Very close to Istikal Ave. Many, many restaurants and bars close by. Good shopping on Istikal close by as well.
- Nice breakfast- good basic choices. eggs, meat, fruit, veggies, coffee, etc.
- Free wifi- I had a few issues connecting to the network. but for the most part if worked just great.
- Clean, comfortable rooms- Comfy bed, HOT shower and great water pressure.
- Friendly staff- they were nice and accommodating. they made a few good recommendations on restaurants and were able to arrange a ride to the airport.

Cons:
-Location- You are very close to the metro. But to get to lightrail, you either need to walk about 15 minutes or take the funicular. The 15 minute walk isn't bad on the way down the hill, but back up the hill takes some time.
- Noise- My last night there was a Friday night. That was the only night that I heard any loud music, but it wasn't that bad. All other day/nights were extremely quiet. I put in my ear plugs and had no problem with it.

overall, I felt like this was a very good value for my money. Nice clean hotel, good location, good breakfast, free wifi, friendly staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GamzeBilgi, Manager at Hotel Au Pera, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
First of all, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to have written laudatory comments for Hotel Au Pera.
As we like to say it, we are here for you, to make you feel like in a place you know and you like and that is why we are trying to help you and satisfy you in all points.

We hope that we will have the luck to see you again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for
Three nights. The staff were not helpful with getting around, breakfast was average and it was right next to a club. We were told it finished at midnight by one member of staff and then told by another it finished at 2 but it went on till 4 am. When I told this to the staff their response was well this is the club area so deal. I would not stay here again

• Stayed February 2012
GamzeBilgi, Manager at Hotel Au Pera, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments.

I need to tell you that we went over all your mentioned matters. We had immediate meeting with the hotel personnel and with the municipality management. Even shared your specific review with them. They will make sure that the volume will be reduced after midnight and will be more careful with their controls.

We are in the lively city center and most of our guests like this location. If you can send us e-mail with your preferences we will be glad to pre arrange your room at quite side of the hotel in your next stay.

Please note that this was an external factor that was not created by the hotel or personnel. Please accept our apologies for this specific night as the management of Hotel AU PERA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Deluxe rooms are superb. Good quality furnishings. Very tasteful. Great location, very close to Istiklal Street, Tunel and Galata. Staff is great. I stayed as a single woman and felt very safe.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
GamzeBilgi, Manager at Hotel Au Pera, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review to Hotel Au Pera.
We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that we could have helped you all your stay long.
We hope to see you again in our hotel , in our city.
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Beautifully decorated hotel in a good location. I took the Terrace room who provides a 25 sqm terrace overlooking Istanbul. The room and the bathrooms are tastefully decorated. Bathroom has no tub but a large shower with rainshower. Free internet and free breakfast. Breakfast is typical Turkish breakfast with Tomato/Cucumber/Olives/Cheese but also patries/bread/Cereals/coffe-tea/Juice.
Location is great, very close to Istiqlal and the Istanbul night life.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
GamzeBilgi, Manager at Hotel Au Pera, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the products and service we are offering.
We have Executive Suit with a bath tube.We ask you inform us the details of the room you want in your further accommodation
We hope you enjoyed the city as much as the hotel and wish you all the best.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Actually I have been to istanbul before and I reserved with an agency and it was ok, but the last time ,we decided to reserve online ,and I found this unique hotel ,in its review,they wrote it s renewed , and it was.
first,it s really small hotel,but com'on ,when I travel ,I use hotel just to sleep at night and get my breakfast.
rooms are somehow small,but they are so clean and very good decorated! the bathrooms are amazing ! the Wifi for free.. the breakfast is very basic but you can shop from near the hotel..
The staff are so helpful ,they would give you a help all the time with big smile,the location is just perfect,it s parallel to istiklal street.
I had my doubts before I went specially that it's kind of good price hotel but if i ever go back to istanbul,that would be sure the place i will check in..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
GamzeBilgi, Manager at Hotel Au Pera, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
It as always a pleasure for us to see that our guests are feeling involved and that they are thinking to share their impressions about their stay in our hotel.
Wishing you happiness and looking forward to seeing you again in our hotel and seeing you more pleased .
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

we stayed at the au pera family suite in mid september and i was truly impressed with the hotel. the staff is absolutely amazing, they go out of their way to help u , they did all our dinner reseravtions and helped us out with sightseeing etc. the hotel itself is a charming hotel located just parallel to istiklal so u have complete access to all the bars, shopping , nightlife without the noise and crowd invading the hotel streets. the rooms itself were very clean and big enough to accomodate 4 adults comfortably. inspite of it being a weekend , we experienced no noise factor and got peaceful sleep through the nights. i would totally recommend this hotel, in fact i feel pera is a much nicer cleaner area to stay in as opposed to taksim which gets very noisy and crowded at night. pera was nice quiet and at the same time a stone throw away from all the fun and frolic. definately would stay here again

Room Tip: choose the deluxe rooms