“GEM!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Tavukhane Sokak No 26, Istanbul 34420, Turkey   |
Ranked #71 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
“GEM!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I must apologise for long review but ive been compelled to write this because of our wonderful stay at dgem.
I visited with my family last week for 6 nights.3 children, me and my husband. Initially prior to booking I emailed the hotel to ask if they had a freezer for me to store my toddlers home cooked food I had prepared for the 5 full days we were going to be away.Ufuk one of the managers responded promptly with a "yes of course"making me feel at ease already and I hadnt even started my journey.
Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Cafer and Ufuk both managers of Dgem.Ufuk remembered my freezer food and helped put my childs food away and said I could use the kitchen freely.my request of a microwave was fulfilled aswell as Ufuk went out the next day and bought one for the kitchen!!
For me as a mother I was feeling at home straight away.
From there on our stay was most enjoyable.Cafer and Ufuk were always available to ask for advice and their help was always most beneficial. They would call us taxis from the hotel wherever we needed to go.this avoided us being charged high fares and going out to look for taxis eventhough they were not too far.
They recommended eating places.i highly recommend sultan's corner only a minute away from Djem.all my family loved eating there and the staff were very hospitable.
Soonaz and nasiba at breakfast time were always ready to make the children's fried eggs and heat up milk for my toddler's cereal they doubled up to cleaning the rooms aswell later.
Umar we met on a couple occasions worked nights was equally as hospitable as rest of staff.the night watchman at the sister building where we were stsying was always greeting us with a smile.
To be able to go away on holiday and feel at home surrounded by lovely staff who cannot do enough I highly recommend hotel Djem.we will definetly go back again!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Excellent Hotel !!! Honestly I have only good things to say about my stay in Djem Hotel ...
Room was big, clean and very confortable. Bathroom was also clean and good.
Staff is wonderfull... They will do everything to make you feel at home. They helped us a lot with the tours, restaurants and everything.
I am really glad i stayed in Djem. HIGLHY recommended !!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Buccinasco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This Hotel is very comfortable, nice and very CLEAN!! Rooms nice and quite big.
People of Djem are extremely kind, open to help for any needs, they are really Customer Oriented.
Strategic position, behind the Blu Moschea, in 10/15 minutes we join all main famous place to see and visit (Topkapi, Blue Moschea, Aya Sophia, gran bazar, spice market.)
If i come back to Istanbul i come back to Hotel Djem

Room Tip: The cleaning and the comfort are very important when travelling.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was my second time in Istanbul, my previous hotel in Sultanahmet wasn't that great so I decided to change. I must say the decor was better this time, but that's all. The breakfast was really poor, the bed was small, the duvet was too small for me and my husband, plus when we look under the bed beforw leaving you can't imagine the amount of dirt!! We were put on a separate building, so every time we had to go for breakfast we had to wear heavy clothing and walk 20m to the main building. There was no reception at our building, only on the main one. The only staff that was really helpful and with good english was Ufuk ( thank you for your effort and tips about where to go). It's an ok hotel, sorry but I don't agree with 5 rate.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Little Compton, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Last week was one of many times I have stayed at Hotel Djem and cannot imagine staying anywhere else. Consistent clean and well kept rooms, wonderful breakfasts, and managers Ufuk and Cefer were magnificent in handling details and making our stay a highlight of being in Istanbul. So conveniently located in this walking city, ideal for business or pleasure, couple or families. Looking forward to staying with the djem family any time. Highly recommended by this weary traveler.

Room Tip: Hearing call to prayer is a bonus for me, Blue Mosque next door was magic. If you want more quiet...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Djem for 4 nights with family and friends. I can honestly say that this is probably one of the best boutique hotels I have stayed at. Ufuk and the other staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The breakfast was adequate and if we wanted anything specific they were happy to oblige. There were no hidden charges like other hotels and the price for our family room was extremely good. All in all, without a doubt it is one hotel we will return to if we are again in Istanbul. I have recommended Hotel Djem to everyone I know who want to visit Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Torino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and quite location, few minutes from Aya Sofia, Topkapi, Hippdrome and Blue Mosque. Very easy to join with T1 line from airport. All the staff is kind and professional. The room and bathroom were clean and confortable. I needed to change my departure flight, and after about ten minutes the problem has been solved by phone, whitout any additional cost. Good and variate the breakfast. Be careful to the muezzin of the Blue Mosque: it's like the guy is sitting next to you! (And the muezzin of Aayasophia answer to him from the street!)

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Djem? Share your experiences!