“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ISG Airport Hotel

You added ISG Airport Hotel to your Saves list
ISG Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport, Pendik Merkez, Pendik, Istanbul 34912, Turkey   |
Ranked #114 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Alexandria, Virginia
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked three nights at ISG Airport Hotel at the last minute, cancelling a long-held reservation I had at Marriott Hotel Asia. Doing so just seemed more convenient for us, and I was to be proven correctly in this assumption. I was joined on holiday by a friend flying in to SAW and then we had a day trip to Ephesus the following day where we would be flying out of and returning to SAW.

ISG Airport Hotel is a 5 minute walk from SAW. If at the Arrivals terminal, exit the airport and turn left towards the end of the sidewalk. Then walk down a few stairs and you should see the hotel in front of you. If at the Departure terminal, exit the airport and take the overhead walkway to cross the street. Take the escalator down then cross the street and walk to the right and down the stairs. I understand that ISG Airport Hotel offers a complimentary shuttle if you need it (mobility limitations or luggage considerations) and all you need to do is call them. I did not use their airport shuttle so I cannot speak about this.

We had a superior non-smoking twin room and it is one of the more spacious hotel rooms I have been in. The decor is modern and efficient. There is a mini refrigerator with mini-bar; they provided us a complimentary 300 ml still water bottle. The bed is comfortable. Bathroom toiletries include a conditioning shampoo, lotion, and body wash.

Upon check in, we were provided the internet passcode and the connectivity was good. I was able to upload photos to my online album. I did not use the business center, so I cannot speak for that, but I did have some printing done (tour itinerary) and that cost 50 ker/page. The front desk will give you an e-mail address to send the documents for them to print it for you. The front desk staff are friendly and accomodating.

Breakfast buffet included juices, tea, coffee, eggs and traditional Turkish breakfast items (salami, cheeses, olives, veggies). Breakfast starts at 6:30 a.m. We returned from a late breakfast one morning to find the cleaning lady already tidying up our room. She was thorough and very rapid with her task and did not get in the way of us getting ready to leave for the day.

Despite this glowing review of ISG Airport Hotel, you should note that this is NOT at all convenient to get to/from Sultanahmet. I was staying at an airport hotel in IST, and it took me about two hours to get to ISG Airport hotel (Havatas bus from IST to Taksim Square for 10 TL; then a different Havatas bus from Taksim Square to SAW for 12 TL). I returned to Sultanahmet later that day from SAW and that was a grueling two hours just to get to Taksim Square on the Havatas bus, due to Istanbul traffic. On the return journey to ISG Airport Hotel from Sultanahmet, we took the T1 from Sultanahmet to Eminonu, a ferry from Eminonu to Kadikoy, then the E-10 bus from Kadikoy to SAW. Travel time this way was about 1.5 hours. On my last day, I was collected from ISG Airport Hotel by the tour operator by private car at 5 a.m. and we were in the Sultanahmet area 45 minutes later.

Needless to say, if you are in and out of SAW, you should look no further than ISG Airport Hotel as your base.

Room Tip: Superior twin room includes a couch and has plenty of counter space with mirrors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My main problem with this hotel is that it's self-described as "near the airport.". The problem is that this hotel is actually situated near the smaller airport in Istanbul, not Ataturk International. And these two airports are maybe 2-3 hours apart depending on traffic.

I would have rated this hotel lower, but 1 star was the lowest I was able to award it. I consider myself a fairly experienced traveler. In the case of this hotel I didn't do my homework (don't make the same mistake as me). Long story short, I was flying into Ataturk and this hotel is really far away from there. Given they describe themselves as "near the airport" I felt misled and disappointed that they weren't more explicit about their actual location being near the small airport. When I tried to cancel with a refund I was decisively rebuked - which I have a hunch has happened to a lot of people.

I'm sure the hotel has nice facilities, but my experience with the hotel was negative. If you are flying into "the other" airport in Istanbul, or plan to spend time way out there, then maybe it's a decent option. Otherwise quickly cross it off your list.

• Stayed November 2012
Dortmund, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just simple like this hotel not only because of the cleanness, great location (if you want to go to the airport early in the morning, you can walk there in 3 minutes) but also the good service, the guy in the check-in desk was very polite, helpful and also thoughtful and he also upgrade my room to a suite for free. Very recommended service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here because I had an early flight the next morning to Ankara. The hotel is very good, the staff friendly, although in the restaurant not very attentive. Breakfast doesn't start till 6am, so the lady behind the reception desk asked me the night before if I wanted breakfast. I said yes, she said she would arrange something. I expected a sandwich and an apple to be at the reception for me but what this hotel did was absolutely great! They arranged for a breakfast to be brought to my room at 5:30am, since I had to leave early. This was really great and unexpected. The rooms are good, beds a bit hard, I got upgraded to a suite, so even better. When you don't want to stress to catch an early flight out of Sabiha airport, stay here! It was totally worth the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Good airport Hotel at Sabiha Gocken airport Istanbul.
I arrived at 02:30 AM and was pleased that check in lasted only a minute (I had a resevation). Another minute later I coulod crash om my bed and 2 more minutes and I was fast asleep.

The rooms are new, spacioius and with comfotable beds; I had 2 singles. The bathroom was excellent: clean, everything working, no scratches or damage, plenty of towels with a bath with shower. Soundproofing was very good I heard no aircraft, no neighboring rooms. Since I enjoyed sleeping in the comfy beds I missed all the breakfasts; but with the airport terminal a 2 minute stroll away that is no problem.

The only thing you should know is their location on the airport because the signposting of the hotel in the terminal is non existing (at least I spotted no signs). Walk out the terminal at arrivals level (level 1) and take a left along the terminal (along the taxi line) at the end (about 30 meters past the end of the terminal building) you will see stairs leading down to level 0 and you spot the hotel on you left hand. If you try going left on the second level (departures) you will find that there are no steps leading down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Liverpool, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent hotel stopover at the airport.
The hotel was first class. Excellent breakfast.
Fantastic room, the hotel was only a 5 minute shuttle to the airport.
One of the best airport hotels I have stayed in.

Was interesting to pass through security to get in the hotel

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor were great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

New hotel with big and fresh rooms, clean andin order everything, very tasty breakfast, value for money and time. Friendly staff and sontimes you can get just perfect rate. It is 2 minutes walking from main entrance of airport.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to ISG Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!