“Not as bad as everyone says” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fatima Sultan Hotel

You added Fatima Sultan Hotel to your Saves list
Fatima Sultan Hotel
Kucuk Ayasofya Mah. Kucuk Ayasofya Cad. No:59, Istanbul 34410, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Ranked #659 of 828 Istanbul B&B and Inns
“Not as bad as everyone says”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014 via mobile

Everyone is gonna have different reviews on this hotel but mine isn't that bad we didn't really have much to do with the staff as we were out a lot but they seemed ok a bit shady on it but ok otherwise the rooms r basic, shower has hot water which is a plus hotel is clean as it can b we didn't have breakfast as it was very basic tea and coffe is always free but drinks u have to pay for, wen u ask for a beer they go to the mini market and buy it for 8tl (for a big bottle) and charge u 15tl for a small glass so maybe don't drink here if I'm completely honest the best thing about this hotel is the location just right up the street is the blue mosque also the best hamam In The world is just up the street it's a we traditional place well worth a visit are overall stay was ok but again we were in very little always out exploring :)

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Karachi, Pakistan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Got fooled in to booking this place based on fake pictures posted on venere.com. The rooms were small, damp and had ugly pink walls. The staff and the owners were shady to say the least. The bathroom was crammped and there was a broken pipe there as well.

The buffet breakfast only had cheese, bread and boiled eggs. I made the mistake of asking for a fried egg. Only got an earful of complaining in Turkish and no fried eggs.

There is only one lady who does the cleaning and manages the kitchen. No wonder she is pissed when you ask her for fried eggs.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Fatima Sultan changed their name to Indo Hotel. The only change is the name. The hotel is the same. We had ordered 2 singles and 4 doubles. We called the day before to confirm and everything was said to be ready and waiting for us. When we arrived nothing was ready. They took us down to another hotell whic was even filthier than this one. After many discussions and arguments we ended up with 5 rooms. The rooms and bathrooms have exposed wiring. There was a house phone by the bed without any connection to the wall. The shades on the door are still broken as HOrsi comments on. The only thing going for this "hostel" is the location. Our room was on the top floor with an exposed hall and fine view. There they had layed a green "grass" carpet which was constanly wet.

Room Tip: choose another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

So, what else do you want.... at this price? First, the service was great. The front desk receptionist, Nadir couldn't have been nicer and more helpful along a number of dimensions. They were terrific with directions and also helped us book a private van to the airport at the last minute. The location is great. Very convenient to the "old city" attractions. The breakfast is in the room. The terrace restaurant rooftop is very nice and it is available for relaxation and beverages in the afternoon and into the evening. the fastest wireless connections is satisfied me. What's not so great? Well, the bathrooms are simple and I did appreciate the hot water.The room was bigger than some we've stayed in this area and smaller than others in the same area but who spends all that much time in the room, any ways. I would be appreciated a few carpets on the floor but the floors were clean and the room was serviced daily. you will not be regret it stay in the good value place like

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

If you see pictures of it on venere.com, they are not real. I booked a certain type of a room, we were put in a tiny, filthy, dirty, uncomfortable room with a disgusting bathroom and broken shades on the door. We demanded the room we booked, we were told the next day we'd get it. (why advertise a room that doesn't exist?). Next day we got a room which looked slightly better, with a bathroom where the door could not be closed, we saw other people's hair and left over soap by the shower which actually had no cabin... Anyway.. Breakfast is pathetic, on the second morning we got turned off by the flies sitting on the cold cut. terrible place, the rooms are not worth 10 euros.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here twice. I love the people at this hotel. The owners are an amazing Indonesian woman who lived in the US for 30 years and her husband who is Turkish. The staff is hillarious if you hang around long enough to talk with them. Quite a fun bunch of people. Everyone has a story. I felt safe as a single woman traveling alone and by the end had many new friends. I will return for work again and again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We weren't supposed to stay here! When we arrived at thethe Vica Gues thouse for check-in they immediately requested full payment for all 4 nights prior to seeing rooms. They wanted cash, and luckily I only had limited cash and thus paid with credit card. The entire procedure was already sketchy. Since Vica guesthouse had no rooms available we were shown to a room in "Vicapalace" or "Fatima Hotel" or "Vica 2" (it goes under all of these names). THis was despite making a reservation 2 months in advance for the guesthouse, and we emailed that we would arrive late.
Our room at Fatima Hotel was the "crapiest" I have ever seen and smelled. I could not believe that after everything that it advertises on their website and Venere, or hotels.com (like AC, soundproof rooms, double beds) we received a room with no AC, the walls were thin as paper, and 2 twin beds. Not all windows had window coverings. When you opened the window you couldn't close the coverings, and much more. We requested a different room, but they became offended. So I persisted on a discount. After a 1 1/2 hour discussion, in the two hotels, with various people, all trying to tell me "wait until tomorrow and we'll give you best room". I told them that I'm not interested as they scammed me, I wanted a full refund. What got me is when they told me that they work on comission and they can't cancel my room. Also, the one person pulled out a fake Tourism Police Badge to try to convince me that they won't scam me anymore. Luckily we ended up getting the money back and left the next morning after a terrible night.

Let me recommend to you, unless you like sketchy, filthy, rude, dirty, loud, hot places don't stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fatima Sultan Hotel? Share your experiences!