“Fantastic romantic place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sultania

You added Hotel Sultania to your Saves list
Hotel Sultania
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ebusuud Cad. Mehmet Murat Sok. No:4 | Sirkeci, Fatih, Istanbul 34110, Turkey   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Frankfurt, Germany
“Fantastic romantic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Sultania is a brilliant place for a romantic getaway. In the heart of Istanbul's old town, many of the top sights are within walking distance. At the same time, the hotel is very quiet because it is in a side street (in contrast to many high-street hotels in the area!) Hotel staff are very friendly, value for money is very good - we were actually upgraded to the honeymoon suite at no extra cost!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

This is a new hotel, only open a few months and I would highly recommend it. My only complaint is that they were suppose to pick us up at the airport and didn't. I overheard another couple at reception with the same complaint so this is something that needs to be ironed out. It was not appreciated after 22 hours of traveling. However, that is my only complaint and I would most definitely stay at the hotel again.

The rooms are beautiful and have every convenience including ipod docks, flat screens tvs (hidden behind a mirror) with some english channels, irons, safe with plug inside so you can charge your laptop, facilities to make your own coffee and free wifi. The bathroom was huge with lots of shelf room. We were in a room with a balcony and it was great. Very large and very quiet. The breakfast buffet was excellent with even a large piece of honeycomb. The restaurant upstairs served delicious turkish food with the spectacular Hagia Sophia lit up as the view.

The location was very central with all the major sites within walking distance. Even the ferry is not that far away. I have to mention Ozlem Kaya who is the guest relations officer. She is an absolute jewel, there to give you advice about your day and thrilled to be able to teach your turkish if you want.

We had one problem with our key for the room and it was dealt with quickly and with every consideration for our comfort. The chambermaid dragged over an ottoman so that we wouldn't have to stand while we waited for the technician. Now that is service.

So despite a rocky start I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else the next time I travel to Istanbul.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I stayed here for 8 nights end of august/beginning of september and I loved the following:
1. Service: Excellent service at all times. Especially by Guest Relations manager Ozlem Kaya, for whom nothing was too much trouble. She accompanied us to the local clinic to translate when my friend needed to be given an injection. Random acts of thoughtfulness throughout our stay by her and other members of reception staff such as Erdem.
2. Lovely clean rooms: just the right amount of space. Everything is brand new and works impeccably. complimentary tea, coffee, and small cups of still water refreshed daily. 3. 3. Quiet at night: Considering the buzzing location, the excellent soundproofing means you don't hear a thing in the rooms. Rooms were always impeccably clean when we got back after a long day out.
4. Location: pedestrian street off the main road. Minutes away from major sights. Lots of cafes and restaurants around.
5. The olive restaurant in the adjoining Yasmin Hotel (part of the hotel group) is excellent with a lovely roof terrace. The vine leaves I had there are the best i had in Istanbul and that's one of my favourite dishes so I tried it everywhere. The staff both in the restaurant as well as in the breakfast room are very courteous and professional.
I would highly recommend the hotel.

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I can not give enough praise to the staff of the Hotel Sultania or to the luxury and comfort of the hotel. I was immediately greeted and made to feel very welcome. The very knowledgeable bellman who showed me to my room explained some of the details of the hotel and of my room. The ceilings in the hall were arched and ornate and reminded me of those that I had seen in the Topkapi Palace. As a novelty each room is named after a woman in the Harem instead of numbered. A paining of her hangs over the bed and a history of that particular woman is in a scroll that is given as a gift. The mood of Old Istanbul was completed with lovely paintings on the glass walls of the bath and a velvet cushion of Turkish Delight left on the bed. The entire hotel is beautifully appointed including delightful views from the roof where tea and coffee are served. I had lunch in the main restaurant and enjoyed a complimentary full breakfast - both were fresh and delicious. It is also a bonus that this hotel is located in the heart of Old Istanbul

I had come from a stay at a highly rated hotel in the new city but I loved this hotel and when (not if) I return to Istanbul I would stay at no other place than Hotel Sultania.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Manville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

My family and I were traveling back to the USA from Northern Cyprus, with a 2 day stop in Istanbul.....We chose "Hotel Sultania" because 2 years ago we stayed at their sister hotel, "Yasmak Sultan" and we loved it....But this time we wanted to try the new "Hotel Sultania"....and we weren't sorry....From the helpful and friendly service staff, the central location, to the beautiful room decor and delicious roof-top restaurant menu....This was indeed the highlight of our trip...."The icing on the cake"....I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We wanted to be in the heart of the city for our 3 day visit and Hotel Sultania fit the bill. Located on a street closed off to vehicle traffic. Within walking distance of the Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, and the Grand Bazaar. A great buffet breakfast and wonderful food at the Olive restaraunt. However, the one thing that made this hotel "stand out" was the excellent front desk staff that guided us to excellent restaurants (made reservations) and valuable recommendations on places to go and things to do.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

My first trip to Istanbul and I chose a great hotel to experience it. Very comfortable, very welcoming staff, nice touches everywhere, such a complimentary slices of Turkish Delight in a copper bowl to welcome you to the room. Rooftop restaurant Olive has stunning views of Aya Sophia - over the trees to the floodlight dome. One confusing element - Olive is shared by four hotels run by the same owners. Why not just make it a single hotel complex? Finally, it couldn't be closer to the key sites - five minutes or so up the hill to Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque, the same down to the Bosphorus and the cruise boats.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Sultania? Share your experiences!