“Simply The Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sultania

You added Hotel Sultania to your Saves list
Hotel Sultania
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ebusuud Cad. Mehmet Murat Sok. No:4 | Sirkeci, Fatih, Istanbul 34110, Turkey   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #8 of 939 Hotels in Istanbul
Brisbane, Australia
“Simply The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Amazing. I would never go anywhere else. Yasmin, the Guest Services Manager was so helpful and so were the rest of the staff especially the guys at reception as they were great, with assistance, directions,advice, even computer help. The food at breakfast was like a banquet and an omlette chef is just such a nice touch. The rooms are individual and so different to anything I had experienced previously. I liked the welcome tray of Turkish Delight. Its location in the old city means that a 10 minute walk and you are at the Blue Mosque or 15 mins to the Grand Bazaar, Suggest you try the local shops at the top to the street, just behind the hotel as got much better deals there. Little local shop just 5 mins from the hotel for drinks and snacks.Lots of resteraunt choices locally.

Room Tip: All of them I think would be good but top floor would be I think the quieter ones. I was on the 1st...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
yasmaksultanhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Sultania, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
DEAR GUEST

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Sultania for your Istanbul visit.
It will make us happier to see you in our hotel one more time.
When you need any assistance for everything, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Yeşim Korkmaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights March 3-4. Originally had booked the Ritz-Carlton but changed as a result of location and reviews on here.
We couldnt have been happier with our choice. The hotel was as perfectly located as we could have hoped: we walked everywhere. Its very close to Topkapi, Aya Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Cistern, the waterfront and ferries and a tone of restaurants and shops.
Right from pickup to drop off it was great. At check in it wasnt a rushed experience; we were ffered tea or coffee and given deserts as they explained everything about the hotel and the area. The hotel is small, but our room was well appointed. Breakfast that was included was fantastic.
We will definitely return to Istanbul which remains one of our favourite places in the world and when we do we will stay at Hotel Sultania.
John and Cherice

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights on their CItyBreak Package
This isn't the cheapest hotel on old Istanbul, but it is a charming place with a nice pool and beautiful boutique hotel individual rooms.
Friendly unpressured service
Great location- and they pick you up from the airport.

Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a really great little hotel with quirky bedrooms. The showers and loos are behind glass screens made opaque by scenes from the Hareem. The beds are very comfortable. Ours felt like a memory foam mattress. The TV is hidden in a picture frame and the sound comes from above the canopy. The double glazing is sufficient to keep out all but the loudest police car's siren.
The staff are great fun and have the knack of being there when you need them and not there when you do not.
Breakfast is great and the huge honeycomb is very sticky but very nice. Eggs to order every day and pastries and fruit make for a well fuelled start.
Sadly there were no free appointments when we wanted at the SPA so I would book early if you want a treatment. Overall a great place.

Room Tip: If travelling in a group 1208 and 1209 are behind a joint outer door. That would be ideal for a fam...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Yesmin and all of the staff of the Hotel Sultania were incredibly helpful, friendly and accommodating! Also the breakfasts were the best we have ever had at a hotel and our room was charming and comfortable....staying at this hotel was an experience in itself!

DEAR GUEST

We appreciate your nice comment about our hotel and staff. It was lovely seeing a familiar Australian face stay with us.

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was ou first trip to Istanbul and I HIGHLY recommend the Sultania to first time travelers looking to stay near the sights in the old city. The service is excellent and easy to please, we spoke with Yasmin nearly every day of our trip and she provided us with excellent recommendations and reservations when needed. The Sultania also arranged a private tour with Sela (i don't know his last name), an excellent guide that I highly recommend as well. The rooms are clean and modern with traditional finishes - very stylish. Breakfast is extensive and very good, again, great service by all at the Sultania.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a Hammam for a few Euros more, not sure what the other bathrooms were like but...

rickmansworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked Hotel Sultania from a recommendation from my sister in law. I can say I was not disappointed with the recommendation. Infact, my stay was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and coildnt do enough to make our stay great. I woul definitely recommend this hotel to others and would definitely stay there again. The hotel was central fom the city centre so close to all the sites. Thank you to all the staff at the hotel. By the way they serve an amazing Ottoman corry in a clay pot in the restaurant there and the best lattes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Yeşim Korkmaz

Been to Hotel Sultania? Share your experiences!